Make up a book title, and guess what it might be about.

Use this forum for quizzes and other Blyton games.
MJE
Favourite book/series: Famous Five series
Favourite character: George; Julian; Barney

Re: Make up a book title, and guess what it might be about.

Post by MJE »

Could I please remind people that, after they supply a plot for the previous title, they can immediately propose a new title? There are no right or wrong answers to this, so this can be done in the same post, without waiting for permission or approval or anything.
     Thanks.

Regards, Michael.
Society Member
Poppy
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Adventure Series/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: George Kirrin, Andy, Jack Trent & Diana.

Post by Poppy »

Sorry, but it's nice to see comments as well which is half of the fun.

Next Title: More Adventures of Shadow the Sheepdog...
"Beware of young men with long hair - that's what dad says, isn't it?"
Pat, Holiday House

Poppy's Best of Books

Society Member
MJE

Post by MJE »

Poppy wrote:Sorry, but it's nice to see comments as well which is half of the fun.
     I'm sorry - I wasn't meaning to try to hurry you or anyone else along - I just thought people forgot a couple of times. It's fine, though, if people want to be leisurely and comment on previous entries before suggesting a new one - and, as I said at the very beginning, I encouraged people to comment on any previous entries.

Regards, Michael.
Society Member
Nair Snehalatha

Post by Nair Snehalatha »

I think that Susie can never be accepted as a permanent-- so let's say that The Enticing Eight-- broke up and they got back to the old Secret Seven.
Now , let me have a go at -- More Adventures Of Shadow The Sheep dog'
Shadow loves Johnny more than ever-- Johnny is now a bit older and more intelligent.Shadow feels very protective towards Johnny. That's when a new gardener is appointed to take care of the garden-- the old one was ill and advised rest for a couple of months. Shadow disliked the new gardener -- Johnny did not understand why , as he seemed friendly and worked well in the garden.But Shadow was never wrong in his likes and dislikes for people--It was found that the new gardener was robber and a dog-thief. :) :) :)
Nair Snehalatha

Post by Nair Snehalatha »

Sorry-- forgot to mention the next title-- House-At--The Corner Again
Mehul
Favourite book/series: Secret Seven, Six Cousins and FFO
Favourite character: Peter, Roderick, Jack from SS, Susan etc

Post by Mehul »

MJE wrote:
Poppy Hutchinson wrote:Not found this topic till now. Looks good!
     Glad you like it, Poppy.
Poppy Hutchinson wrote:Noddy Goes to the Moon?
Sly and Gobbo (are these the original names of the goblins?) have stolen all the cheese in Toyland
[...]
     I'm not well up in Noddy, but it sounds like a good, offbeat, whimsical adventure for Noddy. Good one, Poppy.
Poppy Hutchinson wrote:Next one: Five Return to Smuggler's Top :?
     A year has gone by since the Five last visited Smuggler's Top and had their dangerous adventure tangled up with the smugglers, amid the gloomy mists and fathomless catacombs of Castaway Hill. Now their old friend Sooty Lenoir has invited them back for another holiday, and they are eager to see what things are like now in Castaway.
     There is a pang of regret that the old mystique around the smugglers' activities now seems to have faded into old legends, with all the ringleaders still safely in prison. And now the plan by Uncle Quentin and Mr. Lenoir to drain the marshes to turn them into agricultural land has just begun to be put into action - and the children think on the one hand that this is a good development; but they find they have mixed feelings about it - there *was* something incredibly exciting about it, despite its treacherous dangers. And so they also feel some regret that the mysterious atmosphere of the marshes is about to become a thing of the past.
     But is it? Hardly has the work begun but things start going wrong with the project - crucial people seem to disappear without any sign, and machinery is damaged, and some sort of intrigue seems to be going on that the children can't quite get any clue about.
     Could it be that there are people who do not want the marshes drained, who want things to stay as they are? Who could it be - could one or more of the old smugglers have escaped from prison? No - they are all still safely locked up, so surely can't be involved. Or can they be, somehow?
     The children, with Timmy's help at crucial points, are determined to find out the truth behind this - and soon they are so deeply involved, and so much hangs on this, that they must continue fighting to uncover the truth, despite the terrible danger they are in - there is no possibility of retreat now, even though they almost feel like pulling out.

Regards, Michael.
Wait. Sooty can't invite the Famous Five back to Smuggler's Top. His family were leaving Smuggler's Top after the adventure.
SPORTY EEL was here.
Daisy
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure series.

Post by Daisy »

Maybe it wasn't that easy to sell!
'Tis loving and giving that makes life worth living.

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Wait. Sooty can't invite the Famous Five back to Smuggler's Top. His family were leaving Smuggler's Top after the adventure.
Plans change, old thing; plans change. :)
[sorry, Daisy; I didn't see your post!]
Society Member
Mehul

Post by Mehul »

Well, yes I agree with you Daisy. Nobody can really want an old half rambling house with catacombs underneath. But promises have to be kept.

And will somebody try at House at a Corner again? I have not read so it is no good for me to write.
SPORTY EEL was here.
MJE

Post by MJE »

Mehul wrote:Wait. [referring to my own previous idea for "Five Return to Smuggler's Top"] Sooty can't invite the Famous Five back to Smuggler's Top. His family were leaving Smuggler's Top after the adventure.
     I must admit that, at the time I wrote that, I had completely forgotten the mention that the Lenoirs were planning to move out - then I saw someone mention that in another thread, and at that point I *did* think of this problem with my proposed sequel.
     It needn't be any more of a problem than a few simple paragraphs could explain, though. It would be quite easy to invent a reason why, some time after the end of "Five Go to Smuggler's Top", the Lenoirs either couldn't move out, or decided not to.
     If I were into writing Blyton continuations, I would seriously consider writing this story, and would introduce some reason why the Lenoirs didn't leave after all. But, as things are, I am not considering writing any Blyton continuations at all, thinking it better to channel my writing ideas into work entirely my own - so if anyone else ever feels like writing this "Smuggler's Top" sequel, I would be very interested to read it. But I would understand, of course, if any other writers would prefer to use their own ideas than merely follow a somewhat detailed idea of my own. I would myself prefer to write my own ideas, not other people's, no matter how good they were.

Regards, Michael.
Society Member
Daisy

Post by Daisy »

Just a reminder - the next suggested title is "The House-at-the-Corner Again".

Society Member
MJE

Post by MJE »

Mehul wrote:Well, yes I agree with you Daisy. Nobody can really want an old half rambling house with catacombs underneath. But promises have to be kept.
     I bet Julian or George or Dick (if they were old enough to buy a house at all) would *love* to buy a rambling house with catacombs underneath! I'm not quite so sure about Anne, though.
Mehul wrote:And will somebody try at House at a Corner again? I have not read so it is no good for me to write.
     I guess it's difficult to suggest a sequel if you haven't read the first. Never mind - if this thread continues (and hasn't reached its natural death), I'm sure someone will soon enough suggest an idea you can respond to.

Regards, Michael.
Society Member
Mehul

Post by Mehul »

Gosh! I just hope that won't happen. :shock: I like this thread and want to write a story.
SPORTY EEL was here.
Daisy

Post by Daisy »

House at the Corner - Again. A review.
Here we meet again the Farrell family who live in the House at the Corner. In the year following the events in the first book we find all the children have reacted to their experiences in a positive way. Pam has learned that she can't rely on good looks and a charming manner to achieve anything worthwhile and we hear how she fares at college. Lizzie, now called Elizabeth by all the family, has blossomed in the appreciation of her writing talents and attempts her first full length story. Has Tony really turned over a new leaf after he has been given a second chance at his school? We hear of his latest exploits. Finally, the twins David and Delia, having got their wish, are now happy pupils at Whyteleafe boarding school where they become willing helpers to John Terry in the school garden. What of Aunt Grace? She continues to live with the family who now turn to her for advice and value her contribution to family life.
This is another heart-warming story in Enid Blyton's group of "family" books.

Next title:
Five Rise to a New Challenge

Society Member
Mehul

Post by Mehul »

Five Rise to a New Challenge-

Five are at Kirrin Cottage again and are hoping for a great time. But suddenly Uncle Quentin falls off a chair and has to go to a hospital. Aunt Fanny goes with him and the Five have nowhere to stay. Just then, a letter comes in from a mysterious man which says that the Five are invited to Hachet's Lair, an old house which is believed to be haunted by some villagers. The Five arrive there and from the start realise that something is wrong. The house is empty and everything happens as if by magic. Then one day Julian is passing by the room when he hears a conversation between two men. But when he enters the room he finds nothing.
The mystery deepens when the Five find that all the doors that lead out are locked and they are trapped inside.
Can the Five solve the mystery and get to the owner of the house before the food supplies end? Or will they be trapped forever inside and be starved to death? It is a real challenge for them.
Next title- Three Cheers for the Naughtiest Girl

And to be generous to curious readers- the key to the mystery is Red Tower and Dirty Dick who were out of prison and desired revenge.
SPORTY EEL was here.