Five at Kirrin Cottage Again in middle age!

Use this forum for quizzes and other Blyton games.
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Re: Five at Kirrin Cottage Again in middle age!

Post by pete9012S »

".....No no no no no no no no Don't sing this song No, don't sing this song No no no no no no no no Don't sing this song It belongs to P.F. Sloan..."
"jumpin' Jiminy what's that singin in the van ?" growled Pa Stick looking real frit.

"The radio's still on inside the van!" yelled Quentin."Don't you see what this means for my experiment everyone?"
"No,I don't understand,"said Anne."What difference does it make if the radio works or not?"

"I think I see."said Julian,his eyes widening."I think it means that.......
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
7upromana01
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George, Julian, Anne, Timmy

Post by 7upromana01 »

"The radio-activity will interfere with the cream and cause the van to explode! Take cover!"
Abi.

Still trialling other writers, but will eventually go back to reading a bit of Blyton! Just too many books...

Occasionally will pop in! xx
Dick Kirrin
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Barney Mysteries
Favourite character: Julian, Dick

Post by Dick Kirrin »

Uncle Quentin looked at Julian, opened his mouth to say something, saw Julian wink at him and thought better of it.
"Will, will, will..." stammered Mr Stick, "will the van explode?"
"Well, it is a very sensitive experiment," replied Uncle Quentin who had understood Julian's idea to use his lack of scientific knowledge against Mr Stick and to their advantage. "So nobody touch nothing in here, unless I tell you to, that is. And there's something else we should be quite clear about Mr Stick. You've just interfered with my work this one time and nearly killed us all, so if you want your son to live you never do that again! Understood?"
"You just never knew what would happen. It made life exciting, of course - but it did spoil a cycling tour!"
Darrell71
Favourite book/series: Adventure series
Favourite character: Darrell Rivers, Bill Smugs, Kiki, Elizabeth Allen,

Post by Darrell71 »

"Well, NO! " said Mr. Stick, almost growling. " You and your experiments, Pooh! I'm only scared that this van will explode, nothing else, in fact, I will try to do anything I can to interfere with you again! You can't kill my son! "
Suddenly, Mr. Stick shook himself, " Uhh... errr.. sorry sir, that must have been my inner voice, what, I meant to say was........"...
You can call me Sunskriti!
Dick Kirrin

Post by Dick Kirrin »

Uncle Quentin didn't wait for Mr Stick to tell him what he had meant to say, he just interrupted him: "It's not me who's killing your son, but himself! Nobody told him to lead the life he had seemed fit to lead. You came to me for help, in a most unconventional manner, but anyway - and help is what you'll get. But if and only if you let me do my job, the way I want to do it and on my own! Is that understood?"
Pa Stick went very white: "I... I'll... I'll leave you to your job if that's what you want. But I need some security, too. So I'll take some of your relations with me when I go and let you do your work here."
"You just never knew what would happen. It made life exciting, of course - but it did spoil a cycling tour!"
Nair Snehalatha

Post by Nair Snehalatha »

Pa Stick made a grab at George--- bot Timmy was not going to see George being rough handled. He Mastood up, growled ominously,the hackles on his back rising.He looked really fearsome.Pa Stick thought better of it,he let go of George. Timmy flew to the man,and knocked him to the ground. '' That's right, Timmy'' yelled Julian and George together '' Don't let go of him, UNDERSTAND?'' GRRR---RRR---RRR'' growled Timmy. Pa Stick nearly fainted with fright. Dick and Julian rushed to the nearest telephone kiosk (dont want to bring in today's mobile phones)--- they phoned the police. Soon the police arrived . They found Timmy still guarding Pa Stick, who was happy to give up--- he was tired of Tmmy, hovering over him. Ma Stick turned up howling, Edgar wanted to pull George's nose,--- heard Timmy's growls and thought better of it. Pa Stick was marched off to the police station. Ma and Edgar had to fend for themselves.Edgar decided to be good and be an odd job man in George's house . Ma Stick would help with the cooking as she too promised to turn over a new leaf.
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Post by pete9012S »

The next day was bright and breezy with just the hint of a possible shower of rain.
The blades of grass on the lawn at Kirrin Cottage fluttered surreptitiously in the sway of the coastal zephyr.

Presently the postman came along the sandy path that led to the cottage.He had one letter and a package to deliver to the Kirrin Household.
One was the Kirrin's gas bill and the other was a stuffed monkey marked 'for the attention of Master George Kirrin'.

Aunt Fanny opened the door to the postman giving him a warm and friendly smile.(she had once dated the postman back in their youth and was still good friends with him.After all Bert Potts had given Young Fanny her first ever kiss behind the rock pools on Kirrin Beach back in 19??!)

Fanny went in with packages,suddenly finding herself whistling the old Fred Astaire classic ........
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

As Dick, Julian, George and Anne sat on the dining table having cheese sandwiches, boiled eggs and gingerbear, Julian was the first one to notice Aunt Fanny in a lively mood. he asks, "What came up in the post? A good news?" Aunt Fanny, smiling to herself, gave the parcel to George saying, "I don't know, but there is something good about this day. "

George looked at the rather odd looking monkey, and everyone towered over her as they tried to guess what it could mean.
Nair Snehalatha

Well , it could mean old Tinker's pet monkey. Timmy remembered-- and wuffed in delight.The Five recalled the days when they had gone to Demons Rocks and had a thrilling time at the light house.But they felt that the other adventures had been more exciting.They recalled the great adventure they had while on a caravan holiday-- they had met Nobby--- who was now working at Farmer Mackie's farm. He was now in charge of the horses and was Farmer Mackie's most trusted stable man. He kept in touch with Julian and Dick. And so the Famous Five reminisced about their old, lost days-- not lost exacatly-- bit, but---- you know what I mean-----------. :) :) :?
Dick Kirrin

Post by Dick Kirrin »

As they idly wondered what had happened to Sniffer and Ian, they all knew what Jo nowadays did for a living, as she sometimes rented Kirrin Island for her work with small-fry juvenile offenders whom she took on social activities courses, sailings and camping trips in order to get them back on the right track, Anne suddenly took out the packing paper that had been in the parcel with the monkey. She wanted to take it out for the recycling bin when a note fell out.
Julian bent down and picked it up. He unfolded it and read it to the others: "Dear friends of my son Marcus (whom you know as Tinker),
I am sending you this parcel on the request of my son. He asked me to do this before he went on his research trip to the Middle East in case he should not return. There is also a key to a bank safe which I am to hand to you, it is tied around Mischief's neck. The tag on the key gives the name of the bank and the relevant details.
He said you would be able to help in case something happened to him. As I have not received a single word from him for nearly four months now, I enquired at the camp where he worked. They told me he had disappeared some eight weeks ago. So I considered the time right to send you this. Please do your best to shed light into the matter, Yours Professor Hayling, a worried father."

"Pheew!" George recovered first. "Now that sounds rather pathetic, doesn't it?"
"Well, whatever the tone of the letter might be, it is a call for help," Julian slowly said.
Nair Snehalatha

Anne began to worry-- but the others told her to stop being babyish.Tinker was somewhere around, for sure.They looked idly across at Kirrin Island---was that a spire of smoke they could see?They dismissed the thought from their minds,and went in.Anne looked back once more and told George ' I'm sure it's smoke--perhaps it's trippers.'' George stopped at once-- What-- trippers on MY island''?---- ''OURS''-- Annie corrected her . ''Well-- I'm going to find out.'' And she looked as if she was ready to dash off then and there. Anne was not going to have George rushing off into danger--- she yelled out to Julian about George's plan--- Julian gave George such a glare that she gave up her idea of dashing off then and there. ''We'll go at night and see what's happening there,'' said Julian-- ''and mind you , I will go with Dick. Girls not allowed.'' At this George turned red and was about to retort when Julian said--- ''' Not even girls who pretend to be boys George--- so get it out of your head.'' George looked sulky--and sulked the rest of the evening.But she had plans of her own.