Five at Kirrin Cottage Again in middle age!

Use this forum for quizzes and other Blyton games.
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Re: Five at Kirrin Cottage Again in middle age!

Post by pete9012S »

The effects started to waver and they gently floated back to the ground.
George rounded on her Father."Father,you said your experiments were for the good of all humanity.In the name of all that's holy,what good is floating around like that ever going to do the human race?.....

Before her suddenly older and saddened Father could reply,the caves and passages started to resound with the fearsome barking of a gigantic ferocious hound.

"Quick,"said Dick,"lets..........
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
poddys
Favourite book/series: The Famous Five
Favourite character: Dick

Post by poddys »

all bark and growl and howl like a pack of wolves and scare it away.

As the noise grew louder, a strange shadow appeared to move along the wall, looking rather like a large...
I went on some great adventures reading the Famous Five books.
Enid Blyton Creator of The Famous Five
Daisy
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure series.

Post by Daisy »

...snake as it wove up and down, but the noise went on. Everyone stopped and stared in horror, then Quentin gave a loud sneeze.
'Tis loving and giving that makes life worth living.

Society Member
pete9012S

Post by pete9012S »

Next came the well know tinkle tinkle of the Kirrin Ice Cream Van.The tinkle echoed and reverberated strangely through the passages."I say",said Dick,"Anyone for an ice,my treat?" "Don't be so silly Dick" said Anne there can't possibly be....

Society Member
7upromana01
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George, Julian, Anne, Timmy

Post by 7upromana01 »

an Ice cream van at Kirrin Island. Why, how will it get there?"

But the tinkle of the van went on, the sound getting closer and closer. Uncle Quentin looked worried.

"Uncle Quentin, what's the matter?" said Julian

"The radio-activity is now reaching our minds and bringing everything we love and hate into reality. The sound only comes first, and then the sight will come or they come the other way round." Uncle Quentin replied

"Why! That explains it all!" George exclaimed " We could see Mr Karodizy but we couldn't hear him that much because he was about to finish materializing. Uncle Quentin hates him so he would appear. And Timmy, well I can hear him but never see him. That's it!"

"Good thinking, George!" Dick said.

Suddenly, Anne fainted.

"Oh no! Anne has so many fears and likes that her brain can't take it all. We need to get out of here right now." Julian said

"But where?" said Dick...
Abi.

Still trialling other writers, but will eventually go back to reading a bit of Blyton! Just too many books...

Occasionally will pop in! xx
pete9012S

Post by pete9012S »

Suddenly the cave filled with smoke,mist and purple haze.

When the miasma had cleared they could each make out a shadowy form in the corner of the cave by the back wall.
The mist vanished with a surging whoosh and they suddenly saw the form of a little man...
'Would you all like to come with me please?' he asked and led them to a strange little door that they had never before noticed in the dark recesses of the cave....

As if in a trance they filed silently through the door,even Uncle Quentin.As each person passed through the hidden door they felt their bodies become strangely weightless.
Somehow,each of them knew were the new passage was heading,but although they knew,and knew each one of them also knew they could not formulate or articulate speech.
They were like magnets being drawn towards the mother lode......

At the end of this short passage they became aware of a bright white light and a constant thrumming noise that semed to vibrate right inside their bones.
George became aware that Timmy was licking her hand..'Good old Tim,'she said.'You've never let me down in any of our 21 adventures and short stories.You are the best dog in the whole wide world!'

The reached the source of the light....no one needed an explanation,no one had to ask about the sound because.....

Society Member
7upromana01

Post by 7upromana01 »

there stood Mr Karodizy with Mr Stick, working on some sort of experiment.

"Thank you Blick, for getting my prisoners." said Mr Karodizy.

They felt 6 men holding them and tying them up. When one of the men had finished, he closed the door behind him.

"Tinker, fetch." said Mr Stick and Tinker bounded over to Timmy. Timmy's hairs on the back on his neck raised and a deep growl came from his throat

"Timmy! Bite!" George shouted and Timmy jumped onto Tinker and bit his tail.

"Heel." said George. Timmy obeyed. Tinker wandered back to Mr Stick, whining.

"Now, to business. Shall I tell why you're all here? I want this man," he pointed to Uncle Quentin and continued, "This man has something I want. I need the age reversal cream and his child-experiment. My great-nephew is...
Abi.

Still trialling other writers, but will eventually go back to reading a bit of Blyton! Just too many books...

pete9012S

Post by pete9012S »

trying to give up smoking and find a steady girlfriend.To make matters worse he looks ragged and ancient,yet he is only 21.
That is why we are going to.....'

Society Member
Dick Kirrin
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Barney Mysteries
Favourite character: Julian, Dick

Post by Dick Kirrin »

... do whatever we have to in order to get the formula from you Professor Kirrin.'
Mr Stick let that threat sink in for a few minutes before he went on: "You'll end up complying with my wishes anyway, believe it or not. But let me tell you one thing: you'd be well-advised to do so right from the start. You see, my friend smoked a bit more than is good for him and the doctors don't give much more time. Which means you don't have much time."
"Mr Stick," Uncle Quentin started to explain. "I don't know how much you have seen of my little experiment with Julian, Dick, George and Anne, but let me tell you one thing. The process is very complicated and as for the drug, I'm not sure it would work with anyone who's not of my blood. You have to have a sample of blood from the person or a close relative in order to produce an effective drug. Anything else would put your friend in great danger. I seriously doubt it would work with him anyway. You have to be in good health when conducting the experiment."
"You just never knew what would happen. It made life exciting, of course - but it did spoil a cycling tour!"
pete9012S

Post by pete9012S »

" A close relative,you say? Thats very interesting indeed because I'm afraid to inform you that......"

Society Member
7upromana01

Post by 7upromana01 »

that it is Edgar Stick! My son, Mr Karodizy's great-nephew. He needs to become a child again so that he can be" but before he could finish speaking, Julian interuppted and said "to become spotty again!"

"Blick, whip the boy." So Julian was whipped.

"Blick. The name and suit remind me of someone" said Anne.

"Block, girl, Block. He was the son of Block.

(Du Du Durrrr)
Abi.

Dick Kirrin

Post by Dick Kirrin »

Blick let go of poor Julian and faced Anne: "Yes, that's right. Block was my father and as good son, I'll make you pay for what you did to him."
"You just never knew what would happen. It made life exciting, of course - but it did spoil a cycling tour!"
pete9012S

Post by pete9012S »

Everyone suddenly paused as the tinkling sound started suddenly,though much louder now and much more vibrant...
Uncle Quentin broke through the reverie and shouted.......

Society Member
7upromana01

Post by 7upromana01 »

"The ice-cream van!!!! It'll crash!"
Abi.

Dick Kirrin

Post by Dick Kirrin »

"Let it crash, then," said Mr Stick. "After all, it doesn't really exsist, does it?"
"On the contrary, it's there all right," said Uncle Quentin. "But as much as I regret to disappoint Dick, there's no ice-cream in the coolers."
"And what do you need an ice-cream van for if you don't keep ice-cream in it?" asked Blick irritatedly.
"Some of the drugs and chemicals I use need to be cooled down. If the van crashes, they'll be lost and some are quite hard to get."
Mr Stick suddenly realized what Uncle Quentin was hinting at. "Out, out all of you! Get that van stopped!"
"You'll kindly excuse us, won't you, as we are a little... tied up right now," said Dick.