Write a Famous Five Story!!!!!

Use this forum for quizzes and other Blyton games.
Dick Kirrin
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Barney Mysteries
Favourite character: Julian, Dick

Re: Write a Famous Five Story!!!!!

Post by Dick Kirrin »

They all coughed hard with the dust and loose sand that was flying around. When it had settled a bit, George and Dick started clearing away the some of the stones, calling out for Julian and Berta.
"You just never knew what would happen. It made life exciting, of course - but it did spoil a cycling tour!"
Daisy
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure series.

Post by Daisy »

They were very glad to hear the voices of Berta and Julian calling to the others for help and they worked even harder to move the rubble which had fallen.
George shouted, "Are either of you hurt?" and was happy to hear Julian call "No, we're OK but it's very dusty here. I hope there isn't too much stuff to move!"
"We'll soon have you out." called Dick encouragingly.
'Tis loving and giving that makes life worth living.

Society Member
iluveb
Favourite book/series: St.Clare's,Malory Towers
Favourite character: Darrell Rivers, Sally Hope,Hilary Wentworth,

Post by iluveb »

It was a huge and tiring job for George and Dick to rescue Berta and Julian..
''Thanks heavens ,We're all right.Come on, Ju,Dick and Georgi.. I mean George''said Berta,''Lets ask Anne for
some some buttered bacon...My strength's been sapped..''
The five children made the SOS sign and finished their meal.Dick, George and Julian were playing snap,Berta was cuddling Sally and reading a book and Anne was clearing an area for cooking when suddenly Julian and Dick sprang up and went to the window.George began shouting happily on top of her voice....''What's gotten into them'' asked Berta to Anne, ''Have they gone completel.....'',when suddenly Anne made squeal of joy and sprang to the window too.She told the bewildered Berta ,'' Oh! idiot don't you understand...an aeroplane's just gone and now our SOS will be known...'' ''YIIPPPPEEEEEEEEEE'',yelled the four
children'', almost deafening Berta...
THE MOST LOYAL FRIEND OF A PERSON IS A BOOK
-Ernest Hemmingway
Dick Kirrin

Post by Dick Kirrin »

The children were all happy to know that help had to be on its way. An hour passed, then another, finally dusk fell. But nobody came.
"Hello, children!" the man called Tiger addressed them from a distance. "Are we allowed to come over?"
"Why not?" asked Julian.
"Well, we thought you'd want to cover the SOS and HELP signs first, that's why I was asking."
"No need to, is there? You obviously know all about it anyway. So just come over if you want to." called Julian.
"Thanks a lot," replied Tiger. "By the way, I'm alone and unarmed. You needn't be afraid."
"Not with Timmy on our side," whispered George with a grin.
Tiger smiled at them when he arrived. "Nice to see you've set up camp so nicely. However, I'm not too happy about these signs and I must ask you to remove them."
"And what are you going to do if we don't?" asked George angrily.
"As I said before, I'd like to let you have your freedom as much as I possibly can, but if you do things that interfere with my plans, I'll have to deal with you in a different manner," sighed Tiger. "I sincerely hope it won't be necessary."
"Look, as we don't know what your plans are, we couldn't know that we were interfering at all," said Dick. "You didn't say we were not to signal for help and you can hardly expect us to like the situation much."
"Fair point," conceded Tiger. "In fact that I didn't say you mustn't signal for help is the only reason I've kept Jim from capturing you - so far. I should have known you'd try something."
"All right, but that doesn't get us anywhere. So what is your proposal?" asked Julian, feeling reluctantly impressed by the man's good manners and calm.
"For reasons that are none of your business, I've taken to something that's as illegal as anything can be, though I'm sure you'd understand me if I could tell you more. That means, I cannot let the police get involved in any way. And that in turn means I have to ask you to accept some limits to your personal freedom. I'm not a cruel person and I'd really prefer to come to an agreement with you, so here is my proposal: You keep away from the ruin and the landward side of the island for tonght and the next two days. Apart from that, we'll leave you all alone on condition you don't try anything to get help. We'll also make sure that you have all the food you want for and on the day after tomorrow, we'll be gone and you can do as you please."
"You just never knew what would happen. It made life exciting, of course - but it did spoil a cycling tour!"
Daisy

Post by Daisy »

The children looked at one another. George frowned. She hated to think she was not in charge on her own island. Julian saw her look and before she could say anything he said "We'd like to talk this over. Give us a few minutes please!"

Society Member
Dick Kirrin

Post by Dick Kirrin »

Tiger nodded: "Of course. I'll walk back to the rocks over there" - he pointed at a cluster of big grey stones about 800 yards away - "and you wave to me once you are done."
The man walked away and George immediately started to rant about how much she disliked being bossed about on her own island.
Daisy

Post by Daisy »

"Such talk won't help at all." said Julian crossly to his cousin. "Let's think calmly."
"And quickly," added Dick. "Tiger doesn't strike me as being a very patient person."
"Look," said Julian. "I think we must agree to what he asks for the moment. That gives us some breathing space, but listen. The plane we saw passing over may have seen our sign. Maybe something will happen if it is reported."
The others nodded. "I'd forgotten about that." said Anne looking relieved. "Good. I feel a bit happier now."
Julian stood up and waved across to where Tiger was waiting.

Society Member
Loony the Dog
Favourite book/series: Book:The Boy next Door Series:Mystery or Adventure
Favourite character: Loony, Jack (Arnold), Kiki, Fatty, Bill, and Timmy

Post by Loony the Dog »

This is my first attempt at writing in a Round Robin Story so sorry if it's a bit rubbish. :wink: :roll:

"We'll accept your offer" shouted Julian. "You're wise to accept it", replied Tiger, " Or things would not have been good for you" Tiger walked away. They watched till they saw his head bob over the hill. "Won't the police be glad when they get those bad men if the plane comes with help" said Anne "I wonder how long we'll have to wait", said Berta. "I wouldn't get your hopes up the plane may not have seen the SOS, you know." said Julian, wisely. Anne and Berta looked disapointed. Julian whispered under his breath to Dick, "We don't have much chance. The plane will think are SOS is just a joke and will ignore it. Don't tell Anne or Berta though, in case you scare them. You can tell George - she's a s good as a boy any day."
In came the Taggertys. They were clean, except Biddy knees looked like she had been crawling half a mile in some muddy place.
Dick Kirrin

Post by Dick Kirrin »

(@Loony the dog: No, your contribution isn't rubbish at all, on the contrary you did a nice job. Well done :) )

"Do you think they'll come before dark, Ju?" asked Anne as she realized the sun was sinking low.
"I really don't know, Anne," replied Julian, feeling very unhappy about having to make his sister believe in something he had scarely any faith in.
"I'm feeling slightly peckish," Dick said, sensing Julian's feelings as he shared them and wanted to change the subject as well as getting Anne's mind on something else. As usual, the trick worked.
Anne laughed: "Oh Dick, we'll never see the day you are not hungry."
"I hope you won't," Dick chuckled.
"All the same, we'll have to be careful about or food. We didn't really bring that much. After all, we were counting on being able to row to the shore for more," said George.
Just then, Tiger's voice called across the grass and heather: "Children! Is it all right if I bring the supplies we offered in exchange for your cooperation?"
"Yes, come over," called Julian. "George keep Timmy quiet," he added.
"You are not seriously considering to take some of his food, are you?" whispered George indignantly.
Julian motioned to her to be quiet and reluctantly, she obeyed. 'I'll talk to Julian once the man is gone,' thought George.
Tiger came, carrying two big baskets: "As I promised, here's half of our stuff. Please accept it as my way of compensation and as a sort of rent for the island. I'll be over in a few days."
"How can we say it's not poisoned?" asked George. Julian shoot her a warning look.
Tiger, however seemed rather upset than annoyed: "Well, I should have expected that. Why should you trust us?" Then he went on: "As you can see, it's all canned and packed, and I give you my solemn promise that nobody interfered with it in any way. If you insist, I'll open and eat up whatever's in a can you choose."
Nobody of the children knew what to reply. Finally, Dick said: "All right, all right. We'll take your word. But being made prisoners at George's very own island takes some getting used to, you see."
Tiger sighed again. "If I told you my reasons, you'd understand...," he started, then turned and left.
Daisy

Post by Daisy »

"I wonder what he started to say." said Dick as he stretched out a hand to pick up one of the food packages.
"Sure you want to risk that?" asked George looking suspiciously at the baskets.
"It'll be all right." said Julian. "He wouldn't have bothered to bring it over if it wasn't."
"We'll sleep much better if we aren't hungry." said Anne, "But I wish we had a tin opener!"
"Yes, it was a bit mean walking off without leaving us his." said George. "He even offered to open a tin too!"
"Don't worry George," said Dick feeling in his pocket. "My pen knife has a gadget for opening tins on it. We'll be OK!"
George laughed and waited until Dick had opened a couple of tins then they had a snack of ham with some biscuits and Anne drained the juice off a couple of fruit tins and adding some water made a refreshing drink for everyone. She covered the fruit over and said ,"We'll have that in the morning I think. It should be OK till then."

Society Member
Dick Kirrin

Post by Dick Kirrin »

"Yes, it'll be OK to eat. Unless Dick decides to raid the stores tonight," said George.
"Me? Never! I'd much rather like do something to find out what these fellows are up to," replied Dick.
"Don't let's," said both Anne and Bertha. "We'll wait for the police and let them catch Tiger and his men."
Julian sighed heavily. Now he had to tell them what he and Dick suspected. Anne looked shocked and Bertha was fighting hard to hold back the tears.
Finally, Anne said: "All right. So if you don't believe in the plane sending us help, what else do we do?"
"Well, for the moment I think we should pretend to play along with them," said Julian. "That'll keep them off doing anything nasty and maybe they even forget we're here."
"You think so?" asked George.
"Tiger maybe won't but his two heavies don't seem to be too bright, and they might," said Dick.
Loony the Dog
Favourite book/series: Book:The Boy next Door Series:Mystery or Adventure
Favourite character: Loony, Jack (Arnold), Kiki, Fatty, Bill, and Timmy

Post by Loony the Dog »

George suddenly choked. The other's efforts to stop it only made things worse.
'Looks like you bit off too much, old thing', Dick said sweetly. 'Don't forget your manners'
When George had finally calmed down. She made an announcement.'While I was eating I suddenly got an idea that could get us out of here. I tried to say it but ended up choking. What we have got to do is disappear.'
The others looked puzzled.
Finally, George explained, "If we hide they will think we've escaped and will have alerted the police. They will try to get away as fast as possible and all we have to do is get into their boat, or plane - whichever comes to collect them - and get away with them. If we're lucky we might be able to capture them. If not we'll have to get home then try and find what they're doing and then get the police."
In came the Taggertys. They were clean, except Biddy knees looked like she had been crawling half a mile in some muddy place.
Daisy

Post by Daisy »

The others looked a bit doubtful as they considered George's idea.
"I think if we disappeared they'd be more likely to think we were hiding than that we'd escaped." Julian said slowly. "After all, how would they think we'd got away? They've taken our boat - goodness knows where - and we can't swim across the bay, so what exactly do you suggest George?" he challenged his cousin to think through what she had wanted to do.
"I'm not sure." said George slowly as she stroked Timmy's head.
"Where could we hide anyway?" asked Dick. "Five children and two dogs would take some hiding!"
"And I don't want those men to be even crosser with us." added Anne. "They could easily let us starve you know."
"Anne's right." said Julian. "I suggest we get some sleep now and talk again in the morning. Perhaps someone will dream up a really good idea."
Last edited by Daisy on 19 Aug 2012, 17:56, edited 1 time in total.

Society Member
Dick Kirrin

Post by Dick Kirrin »

The others smiled as they didn't think that very likely. Dick gave a big yawn and said: "I cannot promise any useful dreams, but I'm going to hit the hay anyway. If I don't, I can promise that I won't be much good for any adventures tomorrow."
The others nodded. Dick had echoed their thoughts. About half an hour later, the children and Timmy were sleeping soundly.
Tiger walked quietly over to check on them. 'It's good they are asleep,' he thought. 'Might help them to get along with the situation. How much I despise myself for doing what I have to do. But now there's no turning back...,' he sighed heavily and slowly walked back to the castle.
Daisy

Post by Daisy »

George did not feel Timmy stir as Tiger made his quiet visit, and in the morning the children woke one by one, wondering what the day would bring.
"Has anyone had any wonderful ideas about our problems then?" asked Dick as he helped Anne to prepare breakfast.

Society Member