Write a Famous Five Story!!!!!

Use this forum for quizzes and other Blyton games.
Ritu
Favourite book/series: Famous Five,Malory Towers,St.Clares,Five FindOuter
Favourite character: Julian, George, Darrell, Elizabeth Allen

Write a Famous Five Story!!!!!

Post by Ritu »

Hey Guys,
I thought of following Ming to write a "Round Robin Story"(I know it's a bit too late).Still,as said "Better Late Than Never!!!!"Only one difference with Ming.I thought of starting off with a "Famous Five" story.All of us can write some amount of the story,out of their own imagination,in a post and well,then "Pass it on !!" .So here goes my part:- Enjoy all. :wink: Ritu

FIVE HAVE A SURPRISING ADVENTURE
Four children,Julian,Dick,Anne,and Georgina,a tomboy--Called as George,with a dog,Timmy,rushed down the beach of Kirrin Island.All were looking native children,all sun-tanned and covered with freckles.The Five were together again!!

"Hey,all of you !!!";said the eldest boy,Julian,"Anyone fancy an ice-cream?""I do!!";shouted all of them at once."Does'nt it seem heavenly to get on our own,and enjoy the hols in the Kirrin beach together,after such a long time,and yet just like old times;"said Anne;"By the way,I do'nt want any adventures this hols.We all need some rest,after all our studies and...."She was at once interrupted by the children at once.

"Oh come on Anne.Do be a sport.It will be great if we have a mystery to solve"-----Said George.

"Yeah,It really would be.After all our brain does need some oiling.They are getting dull,always doing sums and French,and mind you,you have been saying the same thing for 10 times.";said Dick.

"Shut up now,all of you."said Julian at once,seeing that Anne was a little hurt.

Dick changed the subject quickly,judging the importance in Julian's voice.,"So let's go and buy the icecreams."Timmy woofed in agreement,his soft,brown eyes travelling to each of the children,when they talked."Good,even Timmy wants some chilling.Honestly,George.Please do'nt buy five icecreams for Timmy like you did last hols.";said the younger boy,Dick,a little cheekily.
George was just going to throw a punch at Dick,when all of them heard a squeal from some distance;"Hey,you guys!Dick,Anne,Timmy,Julian,George.Golly,what a surprise!"

"Who is that? This voice does seem familiar.....";murmured all the children,to themselves,while Timmy whined,softly,trying to tug away from George.It was indeed a familiar voice.Who can it be!!!!!!

P:S--Did I write well?? I've never written before....I know it's a bit long.But I could'nt resist the temptation to write.Pls reply,someone. :wink: Cheers,Ritu
Pippa-Stef
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: Julian/ Bill Robinson/ Sally Hope

Re: Write a Famous Five Story!!!!!

Post by Pippa-Stef »

Here Goes Ritu! It was very good.

"Hey! Look over there!" Dick said pointing to the other side of the beach, "Surely that's Berta!"
"Berta!" George exclaimed turning on the spot to look where Dick was pointing, "I thought she went back to America!"
"Maybe she did," Julian said shading his eyes against the sun, "But it looks like she came back."
"Didn't Uncle Quentin say something at breakfast about Mr Wright? Berta must have come back with him again," Anne said, "Can you see a poodle anywhere?"
"There is a little black shape at her feet," Dick said, as George turned away from the on coming 'Stranger'.
"Now George, don't sulk," Julian said firmly, "Remember what happened last time!"
"Alright captain," George said giving Julian a half hearted Smile.
"Hey Guys!" said the familar American drawl of Berta Wright, "Gee it's great to see you again! Remember me?"
"How could we forget you?" Julian asked, smiling at the slightly older Berta, "How have you been?"
"Alright. My Pop's working on something with your father again George," Berta explained, "It's been keeping him plenny busy!"
"Plenty!" they all chanted, like Berta had never left them. She grinned and repeated the word under her breathe a few times.
"Did you know I was coming?" Berta asked as they sat in the sun a while later, "My Pop's said he'd written to your father."
"Things tend to stop dead at my Father," George said, as she watched Timmy, and Berta's little Poodle Sally gamble about together.
"Anyway, there's no risk in me being kidnapped this time!" Berta said laughing, "Pop's experiment isn't as important as last time."
"Shame," Dick said, leaning back on his elbows, "Not even a sniff of an adventure! What a shame! Looks like you got your wish Anne."
"Don't sound like that," Anne said looking upset, "We'll fall into adventure anyway. We always do!"
"And that's what makes us the Famous Five!" Julian said smiling, giving his sister a comforting shake, "You'll like it, if we do happen to fall into one!"
"I dare say I will," Anne said, "I just don't like looking for one."
"Well, we'd better get to lunch," George said, "I can hear the church clock striking one! Lunch is at quarter past!"
"Let's get moving then," Dick said jumping up, "I could do with a good meal! I'm starving!"
"You're always starving!" everyone choursed, including Berta.
Dick grinned good humouredly and they all set off to Lunch

:D Well? Another surprise at Lunch maybe?
Last edited by Pippa-Stef on 17 Sep 2011, 17:30, edited 1 time in total.
"You're so sharp you'll cut yourself one day!" Hunchy said going to the door
"So my Mother told me that when I was two years old!" said Julian and the others giggled.

http://worldofblyton.wordpress.com/
Somita
Favourite book/series: Enid's books,Twilight Series,A Little Princess etc
Favourite character: George, Timmy, Jack, Dick & WANDERER(the host)

Post by Somita »

The children went to the dining room and gasped when they saw the food laden on the table. There were slices of ham, bacons, eggs, plum-pie, pudding, bread, butter, jam, apples, bananas, boiled cabbage, rice and lemonade!
"The table seems to be breaking," Anne whispered and other children laughed.
Mr Wright and Uncle Quentin came down after sometime.
"Well, there's a surprise for you," said Aunt Fanny.
"What's it, Mum?" asked George. Timmy barked as if he too was asking the same question.
"Me, Quentin and Mr Wright are going to America for a fortnight," replied Aunt Fanny. "We are leaving day after tommorow."
"Yes, we have some works on our research and Fanny is coming with us," said Uncle Quentin. "I know, you children are capable of looking after yourselves, so, we both are leaving. Joanna is going to have a holiday."
The children were thoroughly surprised.
"Is Berta going then?" asked Anne.
"No, she isn't. She is here to spend her summer vacation," said Mr Wright.
"Thanks god, I don't have to cut my hair short this time," said Berta.
"Your hair is really nice. Long, golden and wavy," said Anne. "I do wish mine was like that."
"Now, let's stop this hair talk and finish our breakfast," said Aunt Fanny.
After breakfast, the five children and two dogs went to the garden.
"It's a surprise," said George. "Mum and Dad going to America day after tommorow."
"What shall we do these hols?" said Dick.
"Let's go to Kirrin Island and camp there," suggested Anne.
"What a good idea, Anne," said Julian.
"Yes, let's carry out Anne's idea," said George.
"But we have got to ask your parents, George," said Berta.
"Yes, we have got to and I am sure they will agree," said George. She was quiet friendly towards Berta. In fact she was already taking Berta as a nice girl.
"If your parents agree, it will be wunnerful!" said Berta.
"Yes, WUNNERFUL, not wonDERful!" chorused all the children together and "Woof, woof," barked the two dogs together. Berta laughed.
elizabeth
Favourite book/series: Five findouters,Famousfive,St clares,MaloryTowers
Favourite character: Bets Pat Isabel Claudine Bobby Snubby June

Post by elizabeth »

"Mother,we are planning to go to Kirrin Isalnd and camp there.Please can we go?",pleaded George
"Of,course.I don't see any reason for not letting you go there.",said Aunt Fanny
"Hurray.Hip Hip Hurray",yelled all the five together and Timmy and Sally barked joyously."Woof Woof."
"Mother,we are going to pack",said George
"Well,my dear I can see that you are excited but you have one day more.You can pack tomorrow",said Aunt Fanny laughing
"But we have got lots to pack.",said George
'It's ok.We will pack tomorrow,Aunt Fanny.",said Julian
After they were alone,"Oh!I can't wait for day after tomorrow.It will be so fun,camping on dear Kirrin Island all by ourselves.",said Anne
'What did you say?' said Mam'zelle who was not well up on american slang.'Did you say,"Hallo, bodies"?That is not correct,Claudine.You should say, "hallo,everybody." '
Icecream342
Favourite book/series: JW books and the Faraway tree books
Favourite character: Dame Washalot

Post by Icecream342 »

But the kids were in for a shock.

They packed the next day as they were told to do and then at the bottom of Dick's bag was a mouse trap from his set. He hadn't noticed and his finger got stuck.
"owwww" screamed Dick when his finger had a bulging red mark on it.

The day went very slowly indeed. They studied a map of Kirrin Island and what was the best way to get there. Soon, They had booked a boat trip there and back with Bob the Boatman. By this time, it was 6:30. They went to have tea.Then at 7:15 when tea was over they played a game of cards. When the game was over they had supper and then straight to bed.

The morning came. They had breakfast and then made a big pile of sandwickes and dog biscuites for the trip. Soon after, They were on their way.

At 9.00 They where at the docks. Then it was 9.15, 9.30 and then 9.45. Where was Bob?
We Really want to help Mrs Philpot
Five go to Finniston Farm

I am Icecream342 but everyone can call me Icey or popsicleCheck out my blog- the big big blog at; http://thebigbigblog.wordpress.com/
Daisy
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure series.

Post by Daisy »

George stood looking round with a frown on her face. "Why on earth did Father think we needed to have transport to the island?" she said crossly. "I'm quite capable of rowing us all over just as I've always done!"
"It was Berta's father who insisted on paying for us to go this way." said Julian. "It's very kind of him, but I agree it would have been nicer to go on our own."
George nodded and then said."And just how are we to get back again, if we are just dropped there?"
Dick gasped in concern. "Good gracious, We didn't think of that!"
Just then Bob made an appearance. "Sorry, but I can't take you over today." he said. "There's a fault with the engine which I must get sorted at once."
He was surprised that the children looked so pleased. "Hurray", shouted George. "Now we can go on our own!"
An hour later five excited children and two very happy dogs were in George's boat and George and Julian were rowing across the sunny bay towards Kirrin Island.
'Tis loving and giving that makes life worth living.

Society Member
elizabeth

Post by elizabeth »

The sea was blue.And Timmy stood at the end of the boat as he always did.Sally was scared but since Timmy stood,she stood near him.Soon they reached the rocks and Julian marveled the way George cleverly rowed in and out of the rocks.They reached the island and George and Julian tied it safely so that the sea would not wash it away.They carried their food to the soft sand and put it there.George decided to stay in the sort of cave they had once stayed in while rescuing a kidnapped girl.It took some time for them to find it as it was hidden well.They found it and Julian went in through the hole first and then they hauled the food down and then George went down,Anne followed helped down by Dick.Anne at once started to arrange the things neatly in 'her larder'.

"Is anyone hungry?',asked Dick,"Well,I could do with a chocolate biscuit or two."

"Now?",asked Julian surprised

"It's ok.I have some chocolate biscuits.And some lemonade to drink.",said Anne

Soon the five were nibbling chocolate biscuits and drinking lemonade.
'What did you say?' said Mam'zelle who was not well up on american slang.'Did you say,"Hallo, bodies"?That is not correct,Claudine.You should say, "hallo,everybody." '
ria ann
Favourite book/series: Famous Five,Five Find-Outers,St.Clares,
Favourite character: Timmy, George,Bobby,Claudine,Alicia

Post by ria ann »

"Its so lovely to thing that we will be staying in this dear little island all alone", said George happily.

"Its a wunnerful island"said Berta.

No one felt like correcting her.They were sitting there lazily enjoying there biscuits and lemonade.
Ria Ann
elizabeth

Post by elizabeth »

Suddenly Anne's sharp ears heard a noise.It was a motor boat coming towards the island.Anne told George what she had heard and soon the five could hear the motor boat,including Timmy :wink: .
ria ann
Favourite book/series: Famous Five,Five Find-Outers,St.Clares,
Favourite character: Timmy, George,Bobby,Claudine,Alicia

Post by ria ann »

"Lets go and see if we can spot the motorboats",said Julian.

So they all went to look what was happening.

At first they couldn't see the motorboats but then George with her excellent eyesight spotted the motorboats.

"There they are",shouted George,"Over there"

By now all of them could see the motorboats.

"What are all these boats doing here",asked Julian,"lets go and check it out"
Ria Ann
Daisy

Post by Daisy »

The children raced over to the side of the island where the motorboats were heading. As they got to the line of rocks Julian shouted " Duck down behind a rock everybody. Let's keep out of sight!"
They all quickly hid and watched as five motorboats chugged past the island and on out to sea. George stood up and peered after them, trying to see if there was anything else in view.
"Gosh" she said after a moment. "I think I can see a much larger ship in the distance. I wonder if they're going to meet it."
Everyone stood up and stared in the direction George was pointing.

Society Member
Tilda
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Malory Towers, Adventure

Post by Tilda »

Without warning, and before anyone could see what was happening with the boats, a gruff shout came from behind the children: "Oi! That's no business of yours!"
Six heads whipped round to see a large, bald man with a face red like ham.
"Excuse me, but this is my island," said George, "And I don't think you have permission to-"
She was interrupted when the man's great, strong hand clamped her mouth shut.
"I'll do as I please, young man," he growled, "You won't say otherwise if you know what's good for you."
This scared everybody into silence. What a horrid thing to happen, after such a promising start to their holiday. But Timmy wasn't going to sit around when his mistress was being assaulted like that! He barked crossly, running at the man's legs and was about to bite.
elizabeth

Post by elizabeth »

Just as Timmy was about to bite,another man appeared and said,'Calm down,Jim.Hey,Kids.What are you doing here??This is not your business.Clear orf!"
Tilda
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Malory Towers, Adventure

Post by Tilda »

The man who was apparently called Jim removed his hand from George's mouth. It looked like George was going to explode with pent up fury, so Julian quickly said: "All right, we won't watch the boats if you don't want us to. But look here, this island really is George's property, and we're staying here. We haven't anywhere else to go at the moment."
Jim and his companion looked at each other.
"I'm not letting them get in the way, Fred," said Jim, quietly but with menace.
"They're only kids. It'll look suspicious they say we got rid of them."
"If you say so. I'll leave them for now, but let's ask Tiger. It's his decision."
Fred nodded to Jim, and they turned back to the children, who had been listening keenly.
"All right kids, carry on. Enjoy your camping trip. Just make sure you mind your own business, and don't meddle with any of our... equipment. It's dangerous. Cheerio!"
And with that, Fred and Jim disappeared off behind the castle.
Daisy

Post by Daisy »

The four children looked at each other. George's face was very red and Julian put a hand gently on her shoulder. "Careful George, don't go off the deep end now. Let's get back to the cave and discuss all this."
George glanced at her cousin's determined face and without saying anything she set off with Timmy at her heels in the direction of the cliff where the hole by which they entered the cave was concealed by some bushes. The others followed, feeling very worried about what had happened. Anne took hold of Berta's hand and gave it a little squeeze. "Come on, we'll be safe in our cave." she said to the little American. "Pick Sally up and we'll catch the others up."
It wasn't long before everyone was sitting in the cave, having a drink of orange juice and nibbling biscuits.
"Right," said Julian. "Let's have a think about what's just happened."

Society Member