Which do you prefer?

Use this forum for quizzes and other Blyton games.
Bertie
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers, Famous Five.
Favourite character: Fatty & Buster, George & Timmy.

Re: Which do you prefer?

Post by Bertie »

I love the sound of quaint villages like Ring O' Bells, so I'd definitely go for that. :P

Staying in Ring O'Bells village with Barney, Miranda, Snubby, Looney, Roger and Diana or camping with the Famous Five and Jo and her circus friends in '... Wonderful Time'?
Society Member
Boodi 2
Favourite book/series: The Five Find-outers, The Six Cousins
Favourite character: Ern

Post by Boodi 2 »

Definitely staying in Ring O'Bells village, which sounds absolutely magical!

Staying in Ring O'Bells village with Barney, Miranda, Snubby, Looney, Roger and Diana or a visit to Whispering Island with the FF and Wilfrid?
Society Member
Bertie

Post by Bertie »

Definitely Ring O'Bells village again! Not only does that sound absolutely lovely, but I really don't like those last two FF books and rarely re-read them so can't remember anything positive about them.

Staying in Ring O'Bells village or Spiggy Holes?
Society Member
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Post by Courtenay »

I would enjoy Ring O'Bells village, but I'll take Spiggy Holes simply because it's in Cornwall (my favourite place in Britain)! :D

Staying at Spiggy Holes or staying at the place transcribed simply as sounding "something like 'Doth-goth-oo-elli-othel-in'" (The Mountain of Adventure)... look you, whateffer?? :wink:
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
Boodi 2

Post by Boodi 2 »

As I am one of those who is not keen on the Mountain of Adventure I'll opt for Spiggy Holes, especially as when I first encountered the books I found the name "Spiggy Holes" very attractive.

Staying at Spiggy Holes with the children or visiting the art exhibition in Banshee Towers with the FFOs, Ern and Bingo?
Society Member
Bertie

Post by Bertie »

I quite like Art exhibitions, but Banshee Towers is by far my least favourite of the FFO books so that puts me off the selection and I'll opt for the exciting sounding Spiggy Holes instead.

Staying at Spiggy Holes or in the cave on Kirrin Island in Five Run Away Together?
Society Member
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Post by Courtenay »

Ooh, I loved that cave on Kirrin Island — slightly bizarre though it was for George to have been unaware of it all those years until it conveniently came into the plot just when they needed somewhere to camp out! :wink: — so I'll take that. Just so long as the dastardly Sticks aren't also hanging around... :shock:

Staying in the cave on Kirrin Island {Five Run Away Together) or staying at Tremannon Farm (Five Go Down to the Sea)?
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Definitely staying in the cave on Kirrin Island because I'd love to explore the island, the ruined castle and the wreck.

Staying in the cave on Kirrin Island (Five Run Away Together) or staying in a caravan at Rilloby Fair?
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Bertie

Post by Bertie »

Rilloby Fair sounds nice, especially the animals, but I'd still much prefer the peace and solitude, and scenic and exciting explorations, on Kirrin Island.

Staying in the cave on Kirrin Island (Five Run Away Together) or going off at night to rescue Ern in Hidden House (FFO)?
Society Member
Boodi 2

Post by Boodi 2 »

While staying in the cave on Kirrin Island sounds fun, as a great 'fan of Ern I will opt for rescuing him in Hidden House.

Going off at night to rescue Ern in Hidden House (FFO) or helping the FF to collect the parcels dropped from the 'plane over Mystery Moor?
Society Member
Bertie

Post by Bertie »

Mystery Moor is eerily atmospheric and enjoyable to read about, but I wouldn't really fancy being out on it. I'll stick with lovely Peterswood and the scenic woods to get to the Hidden House to save Ern.

Going off at night to rescue Ern in Hidden House (FFO) or climbing down the shaft to explore the Island of Adventure?
Society Member
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

Climbing down the shaft definitely. I'd give anything to go to the Isle of Gloom.

Climbing down the shaft on The Island of Adventure or a trip to Tauri Hessia as part of the circus?
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Climbing down the shaft. The Isle of Gloom sounds like my kind of place, and I'd be keeping my eyes peeled for a Great Auk!

Climbing down the shaft on the Island of Adventure/Gloom, or going to a fancy dress party wearing Paul's shimmering sun costume from The Secret Mountain?
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Bertie

Post by Bertie »

Definitely climbing down the shaft to explore the Isle of Gloom. I love that book / series, and the characters and plethora of pets. I like 3 of the 5 Secret... books, but not Mountain or Killimooin, and the characters, and lack of pets, don't make the series as memorable for me.

Climbing down the shaft on the Island of Adventure/Gloom, or standing as a waxwork with Fatty to spy on the gang in Missing Necklace?
Society Member
Boodi 2

Post by Boodi 2 »

Difficult, but as Fatty is one of my favourite characters I'll opt for standing as a waxwork with him to spy on the gang in Missing Necklace.

Standing as a waxwork with Fatty to spy on the gang in Missing Necklace or attending the gymkhana with the FFO and Inspector Jenks to watch the Inspector's niece Hillary compete in "Invisible Thief" ?
Society Member