Top Ten non-Blyton series

Which other authors do you enjoy? Discuss them here.
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Re: Top Ten non-Blyton series

Post by Fiona1986 »

That's such a shame. I wonder how they judge interest, as I would be interested and yet haven't seen any way to register interest apart from emailing them completely out of the blue to mention it!
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
John Pickup
Favourite book/series: Barney mysteries
Favourite character: Snubby

Post by John Pickup »

Fiona, I receive a weekly e-letter from GGB every Friday as I signed up for it some time ago. It was mentioned in one of them last year asking people to e-mail them if they would be interested which I was.
As you rightly say, if you don't receive the e-letter, you have no way of knowing about their intentions.
Society Member
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Post by pete9012S »

I absolutely loved the Willard Price Adventure books.
Our local library had a great selection of the original hardbacks and I supplemented that supply by buying the paperbacks with my pocket money.

I think Willard Price lived to a great old age. I've been after his own autobiography for ages, but it's always been a bit too pricey.
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
Barnard
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers Series and Adventure Series.
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Barnard »

When I was at primary school I read Willard Price’s Underwater Adventure. I thought it was great but I have never read any of his other books. Perhaps it is time that I did.
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

John Pickup wrote:Fiona, I receive a weekly e-letter from GGB every Friday as I signed up for it some time ago. It was mentioned in one of them last year asking people to e-mail them if they would be interested which I was.
As you rightly say, if you don't receive the e-letter, you have no way of knowing about their intentions.
I don't get emails from them but I do follow them on Facebook so it's a shame they didn't ask there as well.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Eddie Muir »

John Pickup wrote:Fiona, I receive a weekly e-letter from GGB every Friday as I signed up for it some time ago. It was mentioned in one of them last year asking people to e-mail them if they would be interested which I was.
Thanks for the information about GGB, John. I have just signed up for the Friday newsletter and look forward to receiving my first one this week. :D
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Thanks from me too, John. Like Eddie, I've now signed up for GGB's weekly e-letter.
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Kate Mary
Favourite book/series: The Treasure Hunters/ Five Find Outers
Favourite character: Barney

Post by Kate Mary »

I've been getting the GGBP emails for a couple of years or so. I'm waiting for the next Mabel Esther Allan title to be announced, I believe it's going to be The Adventurous Summer. It's a shame they are not doing the Cherrys, I emailed Clarissa to say I would be interested when she asked in the Friday email.
"I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith

Society Member