The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Which other authors do you enjoy? Discuss them here.
chloe1

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Post by chloe1 »

I am nearly at the end of the book and I dont want to say too much as I dont want to spoil it for people who havent read it but I am currently wide awake at 1am because its giving me nightmares.

To be honest I really dont see what the fuss is about. It is an ok crime novel, the plot is intriguing but half way through the book you have a fair idea who did it (I might yet be proved wrong).

Did anyone enjoy it? Does anyone think it is worth the praise it has got?

I also find a lot of the subject matter very upsetting. Maybe this sensitive little wide awake soul should go grab an Enid Blyton to soothe her to sleep :oops:
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Post by Ming »

The book had me guessing until the very end. I found the first few chapters boring, but then once the book picked up pace it was a real page turner. I regret not buying the sequels (I bought TGWTDT from South Korea, and I'd literally emptied my pocket buying books. I had to be dragged out of the store :roll: ), especially as I've seen all three films and would love to read more.

You are right though, that some parts of the book are exceptionally disturbing. The first time I read it I had nightmares too, and couldn't sleep at all. You'd think that'd teach me a lesson - but no, I watched the Swedish film by myself at night. Again, until daylight, I was terrified.

Subsequent reads/viewings didn't bother me at all - I guess I got used to it. Of course, it helped that the loose ends were tied up at the end.

I'd be interested to know who you think the murderer was. :)

Society Member
chloe1

Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Post by chloe1 »

hehe I have messaged you with my thoughts. I have finished the book but I wont write it here incase I spoil it for someone else :)