Stan Barstow (1928-2011)

Which other authors do you enjoy? Discuss them here.
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Stan Barstow (1928-2011)

Post by Eddie Muir »

I have just heard the sad news that Stan Barstow, one of my favourite authors, died on Monday, 1st August. He was 83:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituar ... rstow.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have been re-reading his complete output, with great enjoyment, during the past few months. My particular favourites are A Kind of Loving, Joby and B-Movie.
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
Eddie Muir

Re: Stan Barstow (1928-2011)

Post by Eddie Muir »

Stan Barstow's funeral will take place on Tuesday, 9th August at 2.00pm at Margam Crematorium in Port Talbot.

Click on to the following link for more about about his life and work:

http://www.stanbarstow.info/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
Eddie Muir

Re: Stan Barstow (1928-2011)

Post by Eddie Muir »

A collection of Stan Barstow's short stories, entitled The Likes of Us: Stories of Five Decades, is due to be published on 1st April 2012. It will be a 500 page book, published by Parthian Books.

Society Member