Cathy Cassidy vs. Jacqueline Wilson!

Which other authors do you enjoy? Discuss them here.

Cathy Cassidy vs. Jacqueline Wilson

Dizzy(CC)
14%
Sundae Girl)CC)
14%
Driftwood (CC)
No votes
Lucky Star(CC)
No votes
Lily Alone (JW)
29%
Tracy Beaker series(1 out the four) (JW)
No votes
The Lottie Project (JW)
No votes
The Suitcase kid (JW)
No votes
Scarlett (CC)
No votes
Love,Piece and chocolate (CC)
No votes
Cherry Crush (CC)
No votes
The longest whale song (JW)
14%
Cookie (JW)
No votes
Little Darlings (JW)
No votes
My Sister Jodie (JW)
14%
The Cat mummy (JW)
No votes
Cliff Hanger (JW)
No votes
Indigo Blue (CC)
No votes
Hetty Feather (JW)
14%

Total votes: 7

Icecream342
Favourite book/series: JW books and the Faraway tree books
Favourite character: Dame Washalot

Cathy Cassidy vs. Jacqueline Wilson!

Post by Icecream342 »

Hi

Does anyone enjoy Cathy Cassidy Books as much as me? If so, Reply and tell me why and what books you enjoy.

Just name the 4 books you enjoy.

CC Means by Cathy Cassidy and JW Means Jacqueline Wilson
Last edited by Icecream342 on 20 Aug 2011, 08:37, edited 2 times in total.
We Really want to help Mrs Philpot
Five go to Finniston Farm

I am Icecream342 but everyone can call me Icey or popsicleCheck out my blog- the big big blog at; http://thebigbigblog.wordpress.com/
Katharine

Re: Jacqueline Wilson

Post by Katharine »

I'm afraid I am not a fan of Jacqueline Wilson. Infact a few years ago I banned the books from my house as I was so disgusted with the book my daughter borrowed from the school library. I considered it totally unsuitable for a child at primary school. Now she is much older I would let her make up her own mind on the subject though.

I have never felt so strongly against any other author either!

As I was brought up on nice 'safe', cosy books like Enid Blyton I suspect that is the reason I disliked the Jacqueline Wilson ones.

It's very interesting that you (presumably) like both authors so much. Can you see any comparisons between them, or are you just more broadminded than me? :D
Society Member
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Re: Jacqueline Wilson

Post by Fiona1986 »

I'm pretty sure there's already a thread about Jacqueline Wilson.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Icecream342

Re: Cathy Cassidy vs. Jacqueline Wilson!

Post by Icecream342 »

There is. I have changed this to a poll for Vs. Cathy Cassing and Jacqueline Wilson.

When Voting for Tracy beaker Series, Please put in which one you are voting for.

I am Icecream342 but everyone can call me Icey or popsicleCheck out my blog- the big big blog at; http://thebigbigblog.wordpress.com/
Pippa-Stef
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: Julian/ Bill Robinson/ Sally Hope

Post by Pippa-Stef »

I think I'm a bit old to have been exposed to Cathy Cassidy, but she's very popular in the libraries. So is Jacqueline Wilson.

I did read a fair bit of Wilson when I was younger- even have an autographed copy somewhere, and when I look back at them I wonder why on earth I read them?! They're all doom and gloom and- I'll give her this- deal with some issues but I can't work out why I liked them now because when I look at them now the characters annoy me. There's no real passage of self discovery in the books. The characters don't get any better by the end of their journey.

Interesting(if slightly off topic note though) I was informed at work the other day that Enid Blyton has over taken Jacqueline Wilson in the most read book polls. Children nowadays are taking out more Blyton than ever before. This is the first time that Jacqueline Wilson's been pushed off the top for a long time!
Katharine wrote:I'm afraid I am not a fan of Jacqueline Wilson. Infact a few years ago I banned the books from my house as I was so disgusted with the book my daughter borrowed from the school library. II have never felt so strongly against any other author either!
I'm surprised that my mother didn't do something similar. She must have known what I was reading being a Librarian herself at the time. She once stopped me reading Vicky Angel because it had me in floods. :roll:
"You're so sharp you'll cut yourself one day!" Hunchy said going to the door
"So my Mother told me that when I was two years old!" said Julian and the others giggled.

http://worldofblyton.wordpress.com/
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

Pippa-Stef wrote:
Katharine wrote:I'm afraid I am not a fan of Jacqueline Wilson. Infact a few years ago I banned the books from my house as I was so disgusted with the book my daughter borrowed from the school library. II have never felt so strongly against any other author either!
I'm surprised that my mother didn't do something similar. She must have known what I was reading being a Librarian herself at the time. She once stopped me reading Vicky Angel because it had me in floods. :roll:
My mother stopped me watching Grange Hill when I was younger :D
Society Member
Fiona1986

Post by Fiona1986 »

I haven't read an awful lot of Jacqueline Wilson books, I was getting a bit old for them when a lot of them came out.

I do remember really enjoying 'The Lottie Project', 'Bad Girls' and 'Tracy Beaker' though. I must see if my sister still has those titles and see how they stand up to being re-read by an adult.

Edit: I also liked the one about the Twins Ruby and Garnet, or at least, I like the start but the end still makes me feel sad.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Icecream342

Post by Icecream342 »

Fiona1986 wrote:I haven't read an awful lot of Jacqueline Wilson books, I was getting a bit old for them when a lot of them came out.

I do remember really enjoying 'The Lottie Project', 'Bad Girls' and 'Tracy Beaker' though. I must see if my sister still has those titles and see how they stand up to being re-read by an adult.

Edit: I also liked the one about the Twins Ruby and Garnet, or at least, I like the start but the end still makes me feel sad.
Do you mean Double Act, So soooooory Forgot to put in!

Fiona1986

Post by Fiona1986 »

Yes, that's the one, just couldn't recall the title.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Icecream342

Post by Icecream342 »

Yes,some of JW's books are a bit on the sad/ sutible for other age catagorys but the mag is great. They have great prizes and free gifts.

Fiona1986

Post by Fiona1986 »

I just thought I'd add here that I've never heard of Cathy Cassidy except here on the forums =/ I usually take an interest in children's books in general, for example the reviews in weekend magazines etc so it's odd I've either never read her name or what I read was so uninteresting I immediately forgot!

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member