I like tons of authors

Which other authors do you enjoy? Discuss them here.
Icecream342
Favourite book/series: JW books and the Faraway tree books
Favourite character: Dame Washalot

I like tons of authors

Post by Icecream342 »

I like: Michael Morporgo, Caroline Plasted and Jaqueline Wilson. Out of the three I just said, Jaqueline Wilson Is my fav (no offence Enid)!! :D :lol: :!:
We Really want to help Mrs Philpot
Five go to Finniston Farm

I am Icecream342 but everyone can call me Icey or popsicleCheck out my blog- the big big blog at; http://thebigbigblog.wordpress.com/
SMITHY
Favourite book/series: the adventures of the wishing chair

Re: I like tons of authors

Post by SMITHY »

that sounds good. I have not read any of those authors. :? at the moment I have been reading a few jodi picoult books which i have found good
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Interesting collective noun! How many authors make a ton? How many 'tons' in your list? Could be quite a lot! Good to see that it is the imperial ton you refer to, and not the dreaded metric tonne. :wink:
Society Member
Spitfire
Favourite book/series: Most of the stand-alone stories
Favourite character: Snubby & Mr. Twiddle.

Post by Spitfire »

Icecream342 wrote:I like: Michael Morporgo, Caroline Plasted and Jaqueline Wilson. Out of the three I just said, Jaqueline Wilson Is my fav (no offence Enid)!!
Just out of interest, which JW's do you like best, Icecream? I quite like the Tracey Beaker ones, Candyfloss and Bed & Breakfast Star, as the main characters are so appealing. I'm not keen on all of her books - I think they can be a little depressing sometimes, and she gives her characters such strange names (except Tracey of course!)

I've not read Caroline Plasted at all. I do like Michael Morpurgo too, though I've only read a few of his. Born To Run makes me have to wink hard at times as I have two ex-racing greyhounds as pets!
SMITHY wrote:at the moment I have been reading a few jodi picoult books which i have found good
Jodi Picoult writes for adults, unlike the authors that Icecream mentioned. I generally enjoy her books, and love the original figurative language that she constantly uses. She seems to research thoroughly as well.
Moonraker wrote:Good to see that it is the imperial ton you refer to, and not the dreaded metric tonne. :wink:
:lol: :lol:
Sarah
Society Member

Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O Lord, you know it altogether. Psalm 139
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Post by pete9012S »

I like many other authors also....my latest avatar is one of my favourite authors.
.....Very popular in the 1950's,he lived in Kersey Suffolk......

I wonder if any of our more mature members will recognise him???? :D

Regards

Pete
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
Timmylover
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Five Find-Outers, Barney Mysteries
Favourite character: Have a guess

Post by Timmylover »

This mature member recognises him as Hammond Innes.
"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers".
Charles W. Eliot, The Happy Life, 1896.
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Post by pete9012S »

Very good indeed.He was a lovely man....

I had two lovely letters from him,the last just shortly before he died.
Just look what he did for a young couple who ran a farm that belonged to him when he passed away......

http://www.thisisannouncements.co.uk/5849109" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I found what he did for that couple so very moving....a genuine,generous and kind man....

Regards

Pete
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member