Keith Robinson

Which other authors do you enjoy? Discuss them here.
Moonraker

Keith Robinson

Post by Moonraker »

I have finally finished the last book in Keith's trilogy. He is not one to blow his own trumpet that much, as some other self-publishers have been known to do, so I thought he deserved a mention here, amongst his friends. I wonder if any others here have read his books yet? I must admit, shapeshifters, worm-holes and dragons don't usually find their way to my bedside table (the Twilight series being an exception), so it was with a certain amount of trepidation that I started on Island of Fog. Things got even more queer when we entered into The Labyrynth of Fire! However, I needn't have worried. Keith can write a rattling good story and although the third, Mountain of Whispers, started off as 'more of the same', it soon hotted up and became, as with the other two, a cracking good read.

I won't go into detail of the plots at this stage in case others might wish to read them. I would urge you to give them a try - don't be put off by the genre if it isn't your scene.

Full details can be found on Keith's Unearthly Tales website.

Great books, Keith; it can only be a matter of time before a mainstream publisher grabs them.
Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Re: Keith Robinson

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

I've read Keith's trilogy too, my favourite being Island of Fog because of the mystery element. All three books were atmospheric and I was impressed by the characterisation, especially the dialogue which sounded very natural. I felt particularly drawn to Hal and Abigail and enjoyed seeing them develop and cope with new and strange situations. Keith has an inventive mind and there are some weird and wonderful contraptions in the books, and some nice touches of humour. Well-written and a good read.
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Keith Robinson
Site Administrator

Post by Keith Robinson »

Ooh, thanks, you two! And thanks, Nigel, for your reviews on Amazon and my website. Much appreciated!

In case y'all are interested, the latest news is that HarperCollins read the first three chapters two months ago, and then requested the entire manuscript. They said it would be a six-week review process. Well, six weeks went by and my agent started emailing the publisher to ask about the verdict. Finally the editor at HarperCollins emailed back and said, "I can't seem to find these manuscripts anywhere. Would you mind terribly resending them? Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience!"

My agent is furious about this. He resent the manuscript, but swears up and down that an editor who "loses" a manuscript needs a darn good thrashing (my words; his were much stronger). So it seems the review process is only just starting.

Meanwhile, there's a director who wrote and produced a superb mini-film featuring the gollum from Lord of the Rings. It's a prequel, and he put it together with the help of volunteers for less than $5000. It's a 40-minute film and the quality and production is amazing -- as good as any TV movie. Since then the director's movie has received millions of views and he has funding for future projects. You can watch the movie for free here:

http://www.thehuntforgollum.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well, apparently the director approached my agent and asked about the movie rights to Island of Fog, so that's currently in discussion. Maybe nothing will come of it, but you never know! The director certainly has a great way of conjuring atmosphere, and in many scenes of the movie, the foggy forest could very easily be my island! :D
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

Sounds like great news, Keith!

Society Member
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

Sounds like the ball is really rolling for you Keith. I sincerely hope that something concrete comes of these moves.
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Smuggler's Top
Favourite book/series: The Secret Island / The Famous Five
Favourite character: Anne

Post by Smuggler's Top »

You certainly managed to pique my interest with this news. Sounds like things are certainly on the move for you and I hope that it all works out for you.

Plus, I just ordered all three books directly from you Keith and will be more than happy to add a review to Amazon soon.

Onwards and upwards.
Whatever awaits behind closed doors,
Strange noises in the cellar or the sound of creaky floors,
We never let a mystery pass us by,
Just leave a clue and leave the rest to the Famous Five.
Keith Robinson
Site Administrator

Post by Keith Robinson »

Smuggler's Top wrote:You certainly managed to pique my interest with this news. Sounds like things are certainly on the move for you and I hope that it all works out for you.

Plus, I just ordered all three books directly from you Keith and will be more than happy to add a review to Amazon soon.

Onwards and upwards.
Thanks, Smuggler's Top! I emailed you privately to say I'll be posting them off to you on Monday morning. :D
Smuggler's Top

Post by Smuggler's Top »

The books arrived this morning and look like they are going to be a good read for me over the next couple of weeks, so I may not be on here for a little while as I immerse myself.
Smuggler's Top

Post by Smuggler's Top »

Have just finished the first book of Keith's fine trilogy and I must say I enjoyed every moment of it.

I found the story to be clever, with enough minor twists to catch the unwary and also throw the more 'jaded' reader a curve-ball. The characters are likeable and varied enough to be more than just cut-outs designed to appeal to a certain audience and age.

The way the story develops, revealing new elements of its structure is, in my mind, akin to a master jeweller revealing each finely cut facet of a diamond as he polishes it. In fact as novels go, this probably drew me into its story far easier than most.

I have just started reading the second book of the trilogy and so far it seems to be just as strong a story as the first.

All in all, a first class story that I have decided is going to end up in a friend of mine's Christmas stocking. (Not the copies I have though) so it's time to order another set.

Meanwhile, as I write this, my daughter is sitting at my feet watching her favourite movie...
Yak
Favourite book/series: St Clare's/FFO's.
Favourite character: Fatty/Claudine

Post by Yak »

Though I'd give this a bump as I had not realised that Keith HAD written books :) Any word from Harper Collins?
http://europeforum.freeforums.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

I had not realised that Keith HAD written books
http://www.unearthlytales.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Society Member
Icecream342
Favourite book/series: JW books and the Faraway tree books
Favourite character: Dame Washalot

Post by Icecream342 »

Isn't Keith a moderator?
We Really want to help Mrs Philpot
Five go to Finniston Farm

I am Icecream342 but everyone can call me Icey or popsicleCheck out my blog- the big big blog at; http://thebigbigblog.wordpress.com/
zaidi
Favourite book/series: FamousFive
Favourite character: Nick and Julian

Post by zaidi »

oh great keith! Whats the books mainly about and plus i feel more grand to think i'll be talking to an author ,who soon will be a bestseller i hope! :D I'll promote your books on other forums!
Nepolean
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers, Famous Five
Favourite character: Julian and Jupiter Jones.

Post by Nepolean »

Icecream342 wrote:Isn't Keith a moderator?
Keith is the webmaster of this site and also the owner and webmaster of enidblyton.net.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
"When you are afraid to do a thing and yet you do it, then you are really brave," said Fatty. "You're a hero Ern."