Jinny Series by Patricia Leitch

Which other authors do you enjoy? Discuss them here.
One Of The Five
Favourite book/series: Famous Five,
Favourite character: George and Timmy the Dog,

Jinny Series by Patricia Leitch

Post by One Of The Five »

I have just finished reading my old set of Jinny books (12) has anyone else read these? What did you think of them?
I love them, Ginny is such an interesting character, I remember reading them when I was a child and wishing I lived in a remote house in Scotland.
'Timothy is my very greatest friend' said George
murphy
Favourite book/series: The Famous Five/The Adventure Series
Favourite character: Dick/George/Philip

Re: Jinny Series by Patricia Leitch

Post by murphy »

I read them all as a child and they are on my list of books to revisit but haven't got round to them yet.
I loved them and spent my work experiance week working on an arab stud that had the horse they used for the cover of the books.
chloe1

Re: Jinny Series by Patricia Leitch

Post by chloe1 »

I think these books often get over looked as "just pony stories" and its a great shame as they are so so much more. Jinny is a fabulous charactor as is her whole family - only Petra seems a bit of a stereo type and she had to be bland to show Jinnys temperament to the full. I love the old mythology and elements of witchcraft that entwine with the stories like the mural on Jinnys bedroom wall. I love the setting. I love how even as an adult I find them a little bit spine chilling late at night.

These are some of my favourite books and I highly recommend any of Leitchs work. Highland pony trek or pony of our own are also beautiful but Jinny is really where she mastered her craft.