Twlight Saga by Stephanie Meyer

Which other authors do you enjoy? Discuss them here.
Julian Kirrin

Twlight Saga by Stephanie Meyer

Post by Julian Kirrin »

I'm a HUGE fan of these books. I've read them at least thrice. My favorite is definately the first book, Twlight. I think Stepanie Meyer is a brilliant author. I'm also excited about the up coming movie :D

Any fans of the books here? :)
JuliaE
Favourite book/series: Malory Towers

Re: Twlight Saga by Stephanie Meyer

Post by JuliaE »

Yes, here! I love the books and I am so looking forward to the last book in the serie. Only two more weeks and I can read Breaking Dawn.

I think I will go to the cinema for the film and I really like the trailers but Edward doesn't look as I imagined him while reading :(
Julian Kirrin

Post by Julian Kirrin »

ME TOO!!!!
I just can't wait for Breaking Dawn either :D

I saw the movie trailer at Yahoo Movies and it was rather nice. I think they did a rather good job in choosing Edward, though :)

I'm going to go with almost my whole class and family to the cinema for the movie and maybe even my teachers. Everyone I know seems to be a fan of the saga :lol:
JuliaE

Post by JuliaE »

I must find out where to see the english version, won't wait for the german translation. And maybe I like Edward afterwards :)

So we can talk about the end of the saga here soon. I think I will read the book immediately when I have it :)
Pippa-Stef
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: Julian/ Bill Robinson/ Sally Hope

Post by Pippa-Stef »

Julian Kirrin wrote:
I saw the movie trailer at Yahoo Movies and it was rather nice. I think they did a rather good job in choosing Edward, though :)
That's Robert Pattinson isn't it? He was in Harry Potter.

The really hot one who played Cedric Diggory? :D :oops: :lol:
"You're so sharp you'll cut yourself one day!" Hunchy said going to the door
"So my Mother told me that when I was two years old!" said Julian and the others giggled.

http://worldofblyton.wordpress.com/
JuliaE

Post by JuliaE »

My book arrived today. So I guess I have to start reading now. But I have heard that it is really really bad. :(
JuliaE

Post by JuliaE »

So have you read it now?

I must say I really like it. It isn't the best book of the saga, that's for sure and there are some things I don't like in the book. But it wasn't as bad as feared and I likes especially part two when the book wasn't written from Bellas point of view. And I like the ending!
Jen-Jen
Favourite book/series: The Boy Next Door
Favourite character: Fatty, George, Barney and Darrell

Post by Jen-Jen »

The Twilight series is really big at all the schools near my house at the moment! Plenty of people have told me to start reading them - so I'm planning on borrowing them ASAP - there's a hugh waiting list at the library!!!!
"I should think that if it came to pushing, Eunice might send old Fatty flying" - Larry The Mystery of the Missing Man
ria ann
Favourite book/series: Famous Five,Five Find-Outers,St.Clares,
Favourite character: Timmy, George,Bobby,Claudine,Alicia

Post by ria ann »

I have seen all the movies and loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have got all the books at home but have I have never read them. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Ria Ann
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

I read all the books last year. I decided to read them because my teenage daughter had them and there had been a lot of talk about the books, so I thought I'd see for myself what all the fuss was about. I didn't think the first chapter or two of the first book anything special, but then I was hooked. I couldn't wait to read all the rest. In fact they pretty much took over my life for a day or two, I had to force myself to put them down, otherwise the family wouldn't have had any food or clean clothes :shock:

I haven't seen the films, my daughter has some of them on DVD, but I'm not sure I want to watch them. I think some of the scenes I might find too bloodthirsty on the screen. I'm also not sure I could get used to 'Cedric Diggory' talking with an American accent :roll:
Society Member
Pippa-Stef
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: Julian/ Bill Robinson/ Sally Hope

Post by Pippa-Stef »

Katharine wrote: I'm also not sure I could get used to 'Cedric Diggory' talking with an American accent :roll:

Well if it helps, His American accent in the first film is DISASTOROUS! RPattz (as he is commonly called) was dropping his accent inbetween takes so when he was in front of the camera, his accent is all over the place.

The second two movies are much better in the fact that he kept up the accent. New Moon and Eclipse are by far the supieror movies here, as Twilight was only supposed to be a small Indie movie and not hit the big time at all.
ria ann wrote:I have seen all the movies and loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have got all the books at home but have I have never read them. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Ria, just a query, how old are you? Because the moved are 12's and the books are meant for at least middle teens. There's a lot of (please forgive me Enid for this next part!) Sexual frustration going on.
it's probably just me, but in the library where I work sometimes, we don't let children who are under 14 take them out.
"You're so sharp you'll cut yourself one day!" Hunchy said going to the door
"So my Mother told me that when I was two years old!" said Julian and the others giggled.

http://worldofblyton.wordpress.com/
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Katharine wrote: I didn't think the first chapter or two of the first book anything special, but then I was hooked. I couldn't wait to read all the rest.
Me too. I thought it was a great series of books. I was slightly disappointed to see the books billed as female teen-fic, but hey, what's a label or two?
Society Member
ria ann

Post by ria ann »

I have never read the books but my sisters(they are teenagers) have read them.That is what I meant :D :D :D
Ria Ann
Nepolean
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers, Famous Five
Favourite character: Julian and Jupiter Jones.

Post by Nepolean »

So the books are good? I saw the movies Twilight and New moon and I don't like them. When I saw Twilight I thought it was over rated. Surely I have seen far better movies.
All the hype around it sort of put me off from reading the books.
"When you are afraid to do a thing and yet you do it, then you are really brave," said Fatty. "You're a hero Ern."
ria ann

Post by ria ann »

I don't know about the books but the movies I liked.
Ria Ann