Beverly Cleary

Which other authors do you enjoy? Discuss them here.
Susie

Beverly Cleary

Post by Susie »

I loved Beverly Cleary's, Ramona and Beezes books, they were so good, made a good read when I was younger, in fact I still like them now!
Check out her site, it's more geared for kids, but it's good for anyone who likes Ramona Geraldine Quimby!

http://www.beverlycleary.com/index.html

also check out Beverley's profile.
http://www.beverlycleary.com/beverlycleary/index.html
There is always something else new to learn.
auscatherine

Re: Beverly Cleary

Post by auscatherine »

My daughter loves Beverly Cleary. Her book 'Mitch and Amy' recently helped my daughter break a fairly long reading drought. SHe really like Beezus and Ramona when I read it to her a few years ago too. I think that she can really relate to Beezus being a big sister herself. I also remember enjoying Cleary's books for teenager, including one about a girl who goes to live with another family in California for a year and kind of reinvents herself. I read that book over and over again.
hobbes
Favourite book/series: The Adventure series. The Famous Five. The Secret
Favourite character: Dick, Bill Smugs

Post by hobbes »

I remember getting The Mouse and the Motorbike from the puffin book club- think that was hers. Betsy Byers was another american writer I looked out for.
RDMorrell
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Secret Seven, Adventure
Favourite character: Anne

Post by RDMorrell »

I have Ribsy, and I think I might have The Mouse and the Motorcycle, and/or possibly Ralph S. Mouse. Also think I may have Henry and Ribsy. Definitely have at least one Ramona book too, but can't remember which one. From what I can remember of these books, they were pretty good fun.
Best Regards

ROWAN M.

A room without books is like a body without a soul - Cicero
janey
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, malory Towers, LOTR, Doctor Who,
Favourite character: George and Pippin from LOTR

Post by janey »

Another set of books i loved when i was younger :D
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.- Bilbo Baggins
RDMorrell
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Secret Seven, Adventure
Favourite character: Anne

Post by RDMorrell »

I recently found my Cleary collection, and the memory of what I have was pretty accurate. From the Henry Huggins series (which comprises six titles altogether), I have Henry and Ribsy (third in the series) and Ribsy (sixth and last). From the Ramona Quimby series, I have Beezus and Ramona, which is the first volume of eight books that Cleary wrote about Ramona, who ages from four to eight or nine over the course of the series. In the Ralph Mouse series, I have two of the three books, to wit. The Mouse and the Motorcycle and Ralph S. Mouse, the first and third books respectively. Just need Runaway Ralph to complete the set of those.

Four of my Cleary books are Dell Yearling paperbacks that I got when I lived in the USA, while Beezus and Ramona book is a Puffin paperback I bought here in Wellington NZ a few years ago.
Best Regards

ROWAN M.

A room without books is like a body without a soul - Cicero