Seven Stories in Newcastle

If it doesn't fit into any of the above categories, post it here!
Ice_Gemz
Favourite book/series: The Folk of The Faraway Tree

Seven Stories in Newcastle

Post by Ice_Gemz »

Hi all,

Has anyone been to Seven Stories in Newcastle to look at the Enid Blyton collection?

It's several hours' drive from me, but I might be visiting the area in the new year, so wondered whether it's worth a visit.

In my head they have all sorts of archives, collections and unique items on display for all to see, however I have a feeling that it isn't how I'd love to imagine it.
Boatbuilder
Favourite book/series: Adventure, Famous 5, Secret Seven, Five Findouters

Re: Seven Stories in Newcastle

Post by Boatbuilder »

Presumably you're familiar with their website, Ice_Gemz.
https://www.sevenstories.org.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"You can't change history as that won't change the future"

John's Pictures of Suffolk - https://suffolk-world.com/

Society Member
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

I'm sure Duncan McLaren (author of "Looking for Enid") went, and wrote about it on his blog. I think it's not like a museum or exhibition, I think you can make an appointment and then ask for items to be brought out to look at individually.

I assume you mean visiting the archives specifically rather than their Lime Street exhibition spaces?
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Daisy
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure series.

Post by Daisy »

Tony and Anita went when the Enid Blyton exhibition was there - and Poppy (one of our young members here) played the part of George in a little re-enactment of the Famous Five.
'Tis loving and giving that makes life worth living.

Society Member
Susan Webster

Post by Susan Webster »

Ice_Gemz wrote:Hi all,

Has anyone been to Seven Stories in Newcastle to look at the Enid Blyton collection?

It's several hours' drive from me, but I might be visiting the area in the new year, so wondered whether it's worth a visit.

In my head they have all sorts of archives, collections and unique items on display for all to see, however I have a feeling that it isn't how I'd love to imagine it.
i went to the enid blyton exhibition a few years ago . great place , love to see the enid blyton collection . do you live near me in walsall west midlands. if so or not too far away may i come with you . cheers sue webster.
Society Member