Farm Horses

If it doesn't fit into any of the above categories, post it here!
tix

Farm Horses

Post by tix »

There was mention of two horses (Boxer and Clover) in a book, and the names sound familiar - especially 'Boxer.' Could anyone confirm if one or the other of these appellations apply to Blyton horses? I think they do.

I couldn't see any so-named in 'Adventures of Willow Farm' (first title searched out), but rather than hunting through various books there must be someone (with an excellent memory) who can supply the required answer.
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Re: Farm Horses

Post by Courtenay »

Boxer and Clover are the horses in Animal Farm by George Orwell. :shock: I don't remember those names ever being used for horses in an Enid Blyton book, though I could be wrong.
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
db105

Post by db105 »

I thought of the horses in Five Go Off in a Caravan, but those are called Dobby and Trotter.
----------------------------------
“I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?”
― Stephen King, The Body
Daisy
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure series.

Post by Daisy »

db105 wrote:I thought of the horses in Five Go Off in a Caravan, but those are called Dobby and Trotter.
Yes, I thought of them too, but on checking... :!:
'Tis loving and giving that makes life worth living.

Society Member
KEVP

Post by KEVP »

Boxer and Clover are two horses in the book "Animal Farm" by George Orwell.
KEVP

Post by KEVP »

Oh, now I see Courtenay already said that!
tix

Post by tix »

Thanks to the brilliance of a few well-read forum members, the answer to my query arrived in a very short time.

There was a feeling that at least 'one' Blyton horse was called 'Boxer' and I could easily visualise a stallion with that name being put to work in the fields of Cherry Tree, Willow, or Mistletoe Farms ('Clip' and 'Clop' laboured in the Longfields' acreage).

Thanks again.