Secret Seven Fan Club

If it doesn't fit into any of the above categories, post it here!
Susan Webster

Re: Secret Seven Fan Club Website

Post by Susan Webster »

hi , thanks , got in , cheers sue . it was a bit different from one on bookmark.
Society Member
Poppy
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Adventure Series/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: George Kirrin, Andy, Jack Trent & Diana.

Post by Poppy »

:lol: :lol: Bit of confusion, there!
Moonraker wrote:
Pity about the illustrations on the book covers - highly unfortunate, I think. Cartoonish - makes the Seven look about five years old.
Yes, not my cup of tea, either. However, this is a website/club for 6 or 7 year olds, not 60 year olds! I am sure Hachette's target age group is the former rather than the latter.
Yes, I thought that, too, but I can see them appealing more to today's generation, and like Nigel, I think it advertises the age range quite well. And I have to say I much prefer them to these hideous ones:

"Beware of young men with long hair - that's what dad says, isn't it?"
Pat, Holiday House

Poppy's Best of Books

Society Member
Susan Webster

Post by Susan Webster »

hi , i agree , these new pictures are absolutely rubbish! makes the books look really babyish! give me the old ones any day . actual photos would be even better ! one or two books have photos of real children on them and so some of the famous five books. far more appealing .
Society Member
Carlotta King
Favourite book/series: Adventure, Barney, Secret Series, Famous Five
Favourite character: Bill Smugs,Lucy-Ann,Snubby,Mr King,Diana,Kiki,Paul

Post by Carlotta King »

Yes I must admit I prefer the illustrations on the website to that one you posted above - that is awful. Reminds me of Coraline or something. Ok for modern films I guess but don't put it on covers of traditional books!
"Fussy Gussy! Polly, Polly, Polly-gize!"

Society Member
MJE
Favourite book/series: Famous Five series
Favourite character: George; Julian; Barney

Post by MJE »

Susan Webster wrote:give me the old ones any day . actual photos would be even better ! one or two books have photos of real children on them and so some of the famous five books. far more appealing .
     I suppose those would be television editions, would they? - with cover pictures showing scenes from the T.V. version.
     I actually don't like those T.V. editions of Enid Blyton's books, and would usually not buy them. I guess I can't point to anything wrong with them, but they just look "T.V.ish", I suppose, and that doesn't sit at all well with my mental view of Enid Blyton's books or world. (T.V. is something I may occasionally watch when visiting someone - but, for all that, it is really not a part of my world at all, in any area.)

And yes, Poppy - that cover you showed is truly, truly appalling. In fact, I can't decide whether it's worse than the cartoony ones I referred to earlier or not. At best, it comes down to what's the least worst of them.

Regards, Michael.
Society Member
Poppy
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Adventure Series/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: George Kirrin, Andy, Jack Trent & Diana.

Post by Poppy »

Yes the example I posted above it rather shocking. It's not the worst of the series, either! The photograph front covers aren't my favourites either, but I do like the 70's Famous Five ones. I prefer colourful, detailed artwork...
"Beware of young men with long hair - that's what dad says, isn't it?"
Pat, Holiday House

Poppy's Best of Books

Society Member
Susan Webster

Post by Susan Webster »

hi , hoping that the Secret Seven Club can get off the ground like the Famous Five Club and through it share all sorts of things from fave books to hobbies and interests. my own interests are birdwatching , wildlife , animals, environmetal and animal campaigning , visiting places of interest, train and bus spotting , archaeology, collecting Enid Blyton books and more. I-SPY and books. great for getting out exploring.
This thread can be the Secret Seven Club so anyone can belong and contribute to it .
Society Member
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Post by pete9012S »

What's the password? I suppose a good one at this time of the year would be ''v_ _ _ _ _ _ _ e" ?? But don't tell anyone else ok? Especially not Susie!!
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
Susan Webster

Post by Susan Webster »

pete9012S wrote:What's the password? I suppose a good one at this time of the year would be ''v_ _ _ _ _ _ _ e" ?? But don't tell anyone else ok? Especially not Susie!!
hi , what is it v-------e? thougtht it may have bee venture but not long enough . you choose it and we`ll change it at beginning of march. then someone coulde decide april`s password. sue
Society Member
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Post by pete9012S »

here's another clue!

''va _ _ _ _ _ _ e"
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
Daisy
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure series.

Post by Daisy »

Tomorrow's date might help. :D
'Tis loving and giving that makes life worth living.

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

It would be quite applicable to substitute the word from Clementine in this rhyme:

♫♫ Oh my darling, oh my darling,
Oh my darling, Clementine!
Thou art lost and gone forever
Dreadful sorry, Clementine ♫♫

Sad to be lost and gone forever on this special day. :cry:
Society Member
Susan Webster

Post by Susan Webster »

wow, never thought of valentine! its a good one so shall we keep it til march then choose another one.
i`m keeping a secret sevenclub/famous five adventure book with all my adventures in and things seen. so far i`ve put in my london zoo visit with sophie, sighting of an eddie stobart truck on my way to model railway club in bloxwich ---i waved to him as i got my notebook out to write the name down and he sounded his horn to me ! brilliant as i`m in the stobart fan club, have just seen my first snowdrops, crocuses and 1 daffodil out, and seen a rare great northern diver on swan pool sandwell valley . a young bird which should have bee up north. its now gone .
Society Member
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

:lol:

Trouble with having a Secret Seven Club on a website, isn't really a secret though! As anyone can now enter who doesn't belong, now we know the password is Valentine. We could all be Susie the people who don't belong! :lol:

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Susan Webster

Post by Susan Webster »

hi , any ideas how we could keep the password from the "susies" and should we have a list of members and have a membership card? cheers sue
Society Member