Famous Five Club

If it doesn't fit into any of the above categories, post it here!
lawrencez

Re: Famous Five Club

Post by lawrencez »

Sue Webster wrote:i like five on finniston farm as it is so amusing the way George deals with that awful american boy whio is staying at the farm with his dad muchto the annoyance of the 2 Harries who soon become friends with the five . she spills tea on him in bed and wins dick`s penknife ! then the search for the treaure under the castle which they find and old grandad swings the huge sword above his head breaking the light ! the american has been digging too with help but its the 5 who find the treasure etc! i love this story and always get a giggle when i read it . sue . :D
Huge sword???? What kind of sword was that?
Sue Webster

Post by Sue Webster »

hi , dont know what type of big sword it was but it was probably a 2 handed one as they were used in around the time of king richard --pretty big! sue .
ENID BLYTON BOOKS ARE THE BEST EVER!
Sue Webster

Post by Sue Webster »

hi FFMembers . hope some of you are going to the EBS day and we`ll be able to meet up . i shall wear my badge and my Secret Seven badge--i do wear quite a lot of badges from Blue Peter to RSPB Wildlife Explorers and Wildlife Watch so i wont be hard to spot! :) 8) cheers sue .
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

Dont forget to introduce yourself Sue. Looking forward to it. :D
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Sue Webster

Famous Five Club

Post by Sue Webster »

Hi, how many Famous Five Clubbers went to the EBS Day? I saw several people with club badges on so hope they were in the club . Sue .
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Re: FAMOUS FIVE CLUB

Post by Lucky Star »

I should think there were quite a few there. I saw plenty of badges on display. I dont have a badge myself, probably some other members dont have one either.
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Sue Webster

Post by Sue Webster »

Tony Summerfield wrote:I thought you might like to see the genuine article, Sue:-

You have both sides of it now!
hi Tony , could you possibly print this FF Club card out for me and post it to sue webster [address deleted] . i dont have a printer . then i can make a new card to replace my tatty old one which i will still keep . cheers ,
Red Tower
Favourite book/series: Adventure series/FF/Secret Series/R Mysteries
Favourite character: Snubby

Post by Red Tower »

Sue Webster wrote:
Tony Summerfield wrote:I thought you might like to see the genuine article, Sue:-

hi Tony , could you possibly print this FF Club card out for me and post it sue webster x xxxxxx. i dont have a printer . then i can make a new card to replace my tatty old one which i will still keep . cheers ,
Hi Sue, you may want to edit your post and possibly email/pm your address to Tony, rather than have it on the open forum?
Society Member
Sue Webster

Post by Sue Webster »

hi , ok ,will do .
Namita Johari
Favourite book/series: Malory Towers, Famous Five
Favourite character: Darrel and George

Post by Namita Johari »

I don`t have Famous Five badge and I want one, how should I make the same :?:
Famousfivethebest
Favourite book/series: Famous five series
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Famousfivethebest »

I really want the badge but i do not know how to get one can you help me? :P
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

You sometimes see those Famous Five badges available second-hand but they can be expensive. A cheaper alternative would be to print off a copy of Sue's avatar, stick it on a circle of stiff cardboard and attach a safety-pin to the back.

Sue once gave a link to a Scottish website which sells badges (see below) and I think they can even make badges to your own design. They will ship abroad if you pay using Paypal:

http://www.50pbadges.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Sue Webster

Post by Sue Webster »

hi , yes, the website i gave Anita does make badges to your own design and are 50p each --maximum badsges are 10 . they will make up the famous five badge . wish i could now get a print out of the membership card --if anyone can do it please send me a private message . cheers sue . :)
tix

Post by tix »

It’s interesting to see the Famous Five badge pictures in red, blue, black, and white. I’ve always thought they were black and white with orange printing – that’s the colour of mine. I’ve looked all over and can’t see any blue on it at all so either it was originally black, white, and orange or else it’s faded somewhat. I notice the one printed on the membership card supplied by Tony, is black, white, and blue with no red.
Sue Webster

Post by Sue Webster »

hi , my badge is blue with black characters on it and the famous five club in red . i once had one when i first joined the club that was light green with black characters on and red famous five club lettereing i notice a couple of green ones at the EBS day and one or two lighter blue ones smaller than my present one . my membership card is rather tatty now so if anyone could print one for me i`d be thrilled. cheers sue . :) 8)