Famous Five Club

If it doesn't fit into any of the above categories, post it here!
Wayne Pyer
Favourite book/series: adventure/find outers
Favourite character: Bill Smugs/Kiki/Fatty

Re: Famous Five Club

Post by Wayne Pyer »

famousfive wrote:Hi, Do you have to be young to be in this Famous Five club? If so, I'm way past
my "sell date" Jean.
Welcome to the forums famousfive. I'm 42 and i'm far from the eldest here, so don't worry and enjoy. :D
Wayne, living in an Enid Blyton world.
Dick Kirrin
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Barney Mysteries
Favourite character: Julian, Dick

Post by Dick Kirrin »

Do you still need help, Dick?
Thanks for the offer, Timmy. BTW, I like your new "signature line" with Timmy(?) happy doing nothing. Just fab! :)

Even though I can do a some things with black and white films in a darkroom, I'm hopelessly out at sea with digital imaging. For obvious reasons, I don't have too many, or more precisly, no digital pictures for uploading.
I don't want to use any other pictures from the internet or any still from the series, well Gary falling into the water in the 78s FF opening is tempting :D , but I want it to be genuine. Not a picture you could use as a potrait of myself for security reasons, but either one I can be seen somewhere in the background or, say, a place I like. There are some black and whites that I could - hopefully - scan and try to downsize sufficiently. I'll have a go at it in a week or two.

Cheers

Dick Kirrin
"You just never knew what would happen. It made life exciting, of course - but it did spoil a cycling tour!"
Timmy254
Favourite book/series: The Famous Five
Favourite character: Dick, Timmy the dog

Post by Timmy254 »

Dick Kirrin wrote:Thanks for the offer, Timmy. BTW, I like your new "signature line" with Timmy(?) happy doing nothing. Just fab! :)
You're welcome! Just let me know when you have found a picture you'd like to upload as an avatar 8)
Oh, thanks! Yes, it is Timmy and his beloved plush toy :)
"A true friend is someone who thinks that you're a good egg even though he knows that you're slightly cracked."
Sue Webster

Post by Sue Webster »

hi , its been ages since i was on this forum and its great to hear that there are many likeminded people like me who love the famous five and some were in the original famous five club like me . it`ll be great to chat about our fave books etc. mine was five on finniston farm ! sue . :)
ENID BLYTON BOOKS ARE THE BEST EVER!
Timmy254
Favourite book/series: The Famous Five
Favourite character: Dick, Timmy the dog

Post by Timmy254 »

Hi, Sue, welcome back! :D
You said "Five on Finniston Farm" was your favourite book. Could you tell us why it's your favourite? :)
"A true friend is someone who thinks that you're a good egg even though he knows that you're slightly cracked."
Sue Webster

Post by Sue Webster »

i like five on finniston farm as it is so amusing the way George deals with that awful american boy whio is staying at the farm with his dad muchto the annoyance of the 2 Harries who soon become friends with the five . she spills tea on him in bed and wins dick`s penknife ! then the search for the treaure under the castle which they find and old grandad swings the huge sword above his head breaking the light ! the american has been digging too with help but its the 5 who find the treasure etc! i love this story and always get a giggle when i read it . sue . :D
Dick Kirrin

Post by Dick Kirrin »

and wins dick`s penknife !
Exactly the reason why don't like this book too much. It cost me a fortune. :D

Cheers

Dick Kirrin
"You just never knew what would happen. It made life exciting, of course - but it did spoil a cycling tour!"
Kiki's new mam
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/Malory Towers

Post by Kiki's new mam »

Dick Kirrin wrote:
and wins dick`s penknife
!Exactly the reason why don't like this book too much. It cost me a fortune. :D
well i like it, (not because George won Dicks penknife :D ) and i was even wondering if it was one of my three favourites :D

by the way Dick, do you still want help at getting an avatar? if you do, do you want help with finding an avatar or wanting to know how to get an avatar? :D

oh, and also, great idea of having a famous five club, :D

Leila.
Nick
Favourite book/series: Five on a Hike Together/Secret Seven
Favourite character: Dick & Susie

Post by Nick »

Count me in!
Society Member
Dick Kirrin

Post by Dick Kirrin »

I have some photos in mind that I'd like for an avatar. The problem is that they are real Black and White prints, so I'd have to scan them first. I haven't done this before, so I can't say for sure, but I think that they might get too big in terms of KB/MB.
Cheers

Dick Kirrin

PS: Finding a suitable replacement for the penknife I lost to old George was easier. :D The new one is sharper, too, but don't tell her.
Kiki's new mam
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/Malory Towers

Post by Kiki's new mam »

@ Dick Kirrin Fiona1986 told me how do it by post, i will quote it here . . .
Fiona1986 said

Here is how to do it.

1. Select a picture stored on your PC OR select one from a website, right click on it and save it to your PC.
2. Sign into the society forums and go to User Control Panel
3. Click Profile
4. Click Edit Avatar
5. Click Browse
6. Find and click the picture saved on your PC then click Open
7. Picture should upload

If you get a warning saying it is too big (it can only be 100 pixels by 100 pixels)
1. Find the picture and click on it, it should tell you its pixel size/dimensions either at the bottom left of the open window (XP) or at the bottom of the window (Vista).
2. Crop image in Paint or in Windows Picture Manager (guesswork required to get right size) OR resize to 100x100 (or 100X90 etc) in Picture Manager (To open a picture in Picture Manager right click it and select Open With).
3. Upload picture.

Good Luck!
Apologies if I've simplified it too much for you!
this is what fiona posted to me, hope it may be some help to you! :D

Leila.
Dick Kirrin

Post by Dick Kirrin »

Thank you very much, Leila. I'll try ans scan one or two pictures at the weekend. I won't get round to do it before, sorry.

Cheers

Dick Kirrin
Lori11xx
Favourite book/series: I loved them all but my favourite, The Famous Five
Favourite character: Dick Kirrin

Post by Lori11xx »

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum but found the society after buying the story CD's for my children and listening along, I was overwhelmed with nostaligia! I did not know so many other Famous Five/Enid Blyton fans existed, though of course I knew she was extremely popular. I almost felt like she was my own personal author who wrote just to me - did anybody else feel that way?

I'm so glad I stumbled on to this site - I think I'm going to like it. :P Oh and I think the idea of a Famous Five club is fantastic!!
Sue Webster

Post by Sue Webster »

hi , glad you like the site and will find many friends on it too .
i think now that many fans are keen on a famous five club i think we should use this topic/thread for all interested fans and call it THE FAMOUS FIVE CLUB. We can share our fave books , characters, etc and have a general chat about the famous five as well as getting to know each other etc. what do others think? we have lift off for the FAMOUS FIVE CLUB! Anyone good at desogning a membership card that we can print off--a badge would be good too. cheers sue .
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

I don't see the point of an "exclusive" Famous Five club for discussions on favourite books, etc. - threads for those are already present in the other sections. You'll find a lot of interesting discussions there, Sue. :)

Society Member