Bill's Diary

If it doesn't fit into any of the above categories, post it here!
deepeabee
Favourite book/series: The one I'm reading....
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville.

Re: Bill's Diary

Post by deepeabee »

Looking forward to it too.
SwatIsaid!

Society Member
DelilahFP
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series
Favourite character: Bill Smugs/Kiki

Post by DelilahFP »

Sigh....I must learn to be patient :cry: ....but if Terry G knew just how very much his Bill's Diary writing is adored, maybe.... I keep looking! Every week I do...
deepeabee

Post by deepeabee »

Ha ha, you got me then! I saw the title 'Bill's Diary' and thought "Oooh another episode!" But no. :(
SwatIsaid!

Society Member
DelilahFP

Post by DelilahFP »

Sorry, sorry! I can imagine the pain :( !!
deepeabee

Post by deepeabee »

I forgive you! 8)
SwatIsaid!

Society Member
Sally
Favourite book/series: Adventure Series, Barney Rs and Find-Outers
Favourite character: Barney, Philip Mannering, Fatty and Bill Smugs

Post by Sally »

Just to let you know that I have heard from the esteemed writer himself that he is at the closing stages of finishing the next instalment - obviously based in the Greek Islands. The delay, he advises, is because Bill was granted permission to add to his official account of the happenings in Greece the item on a Wedding at the end which was deemed relevant to the account....I am sure we are all looking forward to it. I would guess we may be reading about our friends' Greek adventure by May/June time. Bring it on!
DelilahFP

Post by DelilahFP »

Oooooooooh! Now that has brought a smile to my sad little face :D Cannot wait...cannot wait!!
deepeabee

Post by deepeabee »

Yay! Still seems like a long time off though!!
SwatIsaid!

Society Member
Dinah Cunningham
Favourite book/series: Adventure Series and the Famous Five
Favourite character: Everyone of the Adventure Series, George, Timmy

Post by Dinah Cunningham »

For all your information: I just saw the beginning of the next Diary. At the moment there are only 2 parts, but I'm sure the others will be posted shortly. Looking forward to read it!
Bill: "I don't know what to say. You're only kids — but you're the finest company of friends anyone could have. You know the meaning of loyalty already, and even if you're scared you don't give up. I'm proud to have you for my friends."
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

Two parts is all you are getting for the moment. It is considerably longer than any of the others and will have to be done in six parts. When I can spare another hour or two I will load some more! It is perfectly possible that this is longer than the original book, certainly it is longer than any Famous Five book at almost 48,000 words!! :roll:
deepeabee

Post by deepeabee »

Thank you, really appreciate it! :D :)
SwatIsaid!

Society Member
Dinah Cunningham
Favourite book/series: Adventure Series and the Famous Five
Favourite character: Everyone of the Adventure Series, George, Timmy

Post by Dinah Cunningham »

All parts are now up!!! The only problem I have, is that I should work and not read...;)
Bill: "I don't know what to say. You're only kids — but you're the finest company of friends anyone could have. You know the meaning of loyalty already, and even if you're scared you don't give up. I'm proud to have you for my friends."
DelilahFP

Post by DelilahFP »

Oh oh ecstasy! I only looked here just now on a whim at 35 minutes past 1am..almost winging it on a hope and a prayer, but without either really...and jolly bingo! It is all here!
Utter bliss, excitement and silly happiness!
Thank you, thank you :D
Sally

Post by Sally »

Well I've done it - read all 6 chapters of Terry's rendering of Bill's diary in the Greek Islands - before breakfast, in between my working day, even in the hairdressers and even a re-read of the last few chapters. Of all the entries in this terrific series, I always thought that Ship was the weakest - a bit tame as an adventure and the only one not linked to an existing investigation by Bill in advance which leads him to capture the criminals he had been after at the beginning! Eppy was a thief and fraudster but not a criminal in the same league as Jo-Jo or Erlick, and I wondered how Terry would tackle it. He was factual - Bill arrived, heard the story, agreed to head off to Thamis, found the treasure and then they all escaped and resumed their cruise while Eppy was captured. So how come 6 chapters? The real story was about the proposal (not Lucy-Ann's but Bill's) and of course the Wedding, which took up 2 and a half chapters alone! It was literally like being on a film-set, watching an epic historic romance unfold (and not just Bill and Allie's...) and with all the good characters from the whole series on stage, playing a part. I had hoped that one particular character, one of my favourites, would be there, and she was in fact star of the show - arriving by helicopter in a Carmen style red dress to meet her prince and take the audience by storm on the dance-floor....I think Terry had been looking forward to writing this all along, and showed how much he loves the characters of this series. He has rightly aged the children, and five years on, they now range from 16-19 and behave accordingly. Wonderful stuff - please read and do his writing justice. Roll on Circus - it has the makings of another great epic! Thank you Terry.
Sally

Post by Sally »

Just wondering if any fellow Bill's Diary enthusiasts have yet completed Terry's latest offering? Enjoyed it so much I am part way through a re-read!