Audio Tape of the Books

If it doesn't fit into any of the above categories, post it here!
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Re: Audio Tape of the Books

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Welcome, Adventure83!
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Adventure83

Post by Adventure83 »

Thanks Anita :)
Nick Capaldi
Favourite book/series: Famous Five 70s TV Series
Favourite character: George

Post by Nick Capaldi »

It's so great to see other people my kind of age still listening to the 80's dramatised tapes, so i'm not the only one. I love the atmosphere, the music, the cover artwork of the 80's cassettes. I've had them all put on cd by a friend and he scanned the artwork and made covers too. I'm so happy to have them on cd now as the cassettes are old and won't last like cds will. Five go to Smugglers Top and Sea of Adventure are my favs. Sea of Adventure has the sides mixed up side 2 is actually side 1. Rainbow theatre did a fab job with these dramatised tapes.
http://www.nickcapaldi.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Matthew Roberts
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers
Favourite character: Fatty and George

Post by Matthew Roberts »

Adventure83 wrote:I then stumbled across this website and found some downloads ! Woohooo!! A big Thank you to the person who added them!! :D :D
If you mean me, Adventure83, then you're welcome. :)

I'm not sure if anyone else is interested, but I have come across some more EB audio, and I am currently in the process of adding to the inventory. See my previous post for links to the downloads. As I said, I am uploading them as I write this, so if the files or links aren't available yet, check back later.
Enikyoga

Post by Enikyoga »

Nick Capaldi wrote:It's so great to see other people my kind of age still listening to the 80's dramatised tapes, so i'm not the only one. I love the atmosphere, the music, the cover artwork of the 80's cassettes. I've had them all put on cd by a friend and he scanned the artwork and made covers too. I'm so happy to have them on cd now as the cassettes are old and won't last like cds will. Five go to Smugglers Top and Sea of Adventure are my favs. Sea of Adventure has the sides mixed up side 2 is actually side 1. Rainbow theatre did a fab job with these dramatised tapes.
It appears that as this thread and other experiences suggest, cassette tapes are rapidly disappearing. The local public library here in Flagstaff (http://www.flagstaffpubliclibrary.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) has removed all the audio tapes of the two Famous Five books it had on them, notably, Five Run Away Together and Five Have A Mystery To Solve. I am not sure whether those tapes will be CDs. We just have to wait. One librarian I talked to said that they are getting rid of all the book cassette audio tapes.
Stephen Isabirye
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

You live in Flagstaff Arizona Stephen? I was there last October. A pity I didn't know.
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
70s-child
Favourite book/series: Adv. series, Barney series, St. Clare's, FFO
Favourite character: Snubby, Loony, Susie, Dinah, Jack Trent, Fatty

Post by 70s-child »

Matthew, thanks very much for the audio of the various series'. :D I love the ones for the Adventure series, and hopefully, soon I will get to the others as well.
Society Member
Matthew Roberts

You're welcome, 70s-child. :D
Enikyoga

Post by Enikyoga »

Lucky Star wrote:You live in Flagstaff Arizona Stephen? I was there last October. A pity I didn't know.
Lucky Star, oh, I didn't know you were in Flagstaff last October. We could have met. Oftentimes, people known to me pass through this "nascent" town of about only 60,000 people and miss meeting me, despite its' small size. Maybe, another time, we could be luckier should you per chance travel this side of the world.
Stephen I.
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

Indeed a great pity. I came into town from Las Vegas, stayed the night and then drove to the Grand Canyon the next morning. I visited the lovely old downtown area and had a nice coffee and cake in the Monte Vista Hotel. Hopefully I will get to visit again sometime although it will realistically be a few years yet. :cry: What a missed opportunity. :roll:
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Adventure83

Post by Adventure83 »

Matthew Roberts wrote:
Adventure83 wrote:I then stumbled across this website and found some downloads ! Woohooo!! A big Thank you to the person who added them!! :D :D
If you mean me, Adventure83, then you're welcome. :)

I'm not sure if anyone else is interested, but I have come across some more EB audio, and I am currently in the process of adding to the inventory. See my previous post for links to the downloads. As I said, I am uploading them as I write this, so if the files or links aren't available yet, check back later.
Thanks for the updated link. It's appreciated. It's hard to get hold of some of these.

:D :D
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Lucky Star wrote:Hopefully I will get to visit again sometime although it will realistically be a few years yet. :cry: What a missed opportunity. :roll:
I bet you're gutted, John. You could have got Stephen to sign a copy of his book and saved yourself the postage. Ah well, next time, maybe. :|
Society Member
Matthew Roberts

Adventure83 wrote:Thanks for the updated link. It's appreciated. It's hard to get hold of some of these.

:D :D
No problem, Adventure83! I wasn't going to keep the audio books up because they didn't seem to get much of a response from forumites, but now I know there are a few people interested, I will keep adding to the list. I have just come across some Five Find-Outers audio books/dramatisations which I will be adding shortly. They're rather nice, and I was pleased to find them, as FFO is my favourite series.

Edit:
Have now added the new Five Find-Outers to the list, as well as a few more Secret Sevens.
Lossie Laxton

Post by Lossie Laxton »

I appreciate the effort you've put in, Matt. Your blood is worth bottling!
Adventure83

Post by Adventure83 »

Hi All

I have purchased Five Are Together Again which was published by Hodder. Narrator is Nick Mcardle.
One problem.. The tape its self is broken so can't be played. I've contacted the person I bought it from and am awaiting their reply. I have had a look through this thread and I see there is a mp3 of this story, but it's not the copy i would like. Does anyone have the above on mp3 / cassette who is willing to let me have a recording of it? I would be very grateful if someone could do this for me. I will also post this on the wanted section.

Many Thanks.