Audio Tape of the Books

If it doesn't fit into any of the above categories, post it here!
jaygon
Favourite book/series: Happy Adventure Tales
Favourite character: Noddy

Re: Audio Tape of the Books

Post by jaygon »

We should really pool all of our resources together and digitise as many of the 1980's audio cassettes as possible as they are becoming more and more rare.

Could we make a section for it ?(admin?) I have a few tapes that I'd be happy to share once I convert them. They are part of a two-pack set that I bought from a poster here.

@Anita : I think you may have the other half of the sets.

It seems a shame that this wonderful audio should not be shared by all!
Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as Gods. Cats have never forgotten this.
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

I'm afraid I have no idea how to digitise anything, Jaygon, and as our computer is shared by four people I doubt I'd have time to do it. However, your idea is a good one. We're already planning to create a section on the website in the future which will have detailed information on films and TV adaptations of Enid Blyton's work. I think it would make sense to include audio books there too. All this can only be done when webmaster Keith has time to devote to it, as it will involve a lot of work. In the meantime, you could perhaps digitise your tapes and put up links under Miscellaneous Blyton for now. If it's not too much work and you're prepared to do my tapes as well (I've got five I think, containing Purnell and Hamlyn short stories), maybe I could send them to you by post and you could return them when you've finished with them?
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Anita Bensoussane wrote: All this can only be done when webmaster Keith has time to devote to it, as it will involve a lot of work.
I wouldn't hold your breath, then! :wink: My good friend, Keith, is an incredibly busy man. He has plans for EnidBlyton.net and of course, is prolifically (?) writing more of his successful fantasy novels.

However, I am sure that eventually he will fulfill all that he has promised! :D
Society Member
Michelle Rowatt

Post by Michelle Rowatt »

Has anyone digitised the Malory Towers audiobooks
jaygon

Post by jaygon »

Hi Anita,

I haven't actually digitised anything yet but I've been told it is as simple as hooking up the tape recorder to the computer and digitising the recording with some software. I have all the equipment and will give my tapes a bash this week. If all works out, I will of course do yours. Sharing is caring. :-)

Two obsticles. I have nowhere that I can upload them once I am done and would we get into trouble for copyright reasons? (Admin?)

I'd be very interested in making an archive of all the Hamlyn , Sunshine, Purnell or Tempo tales. Somebody may even find my beloved 'Happy Adventure Tales Cassette 1' that I have been searching for.

I am currently on a quest desperately searching for the old audio cassettes that accompanied the Ladybird Well Loved Tales books in the 1980's (but having no luck) so I would like to be involved in this little project,
Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as Gods. Cats have never forgotten this.
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator

Thanks for the offer of digitising my tapes too, Jaygon.
jaygon wrote:Two obstacles. I have nowhere that I can upload them once I am done and would we get into trouble for copyright reasons? (Admin?)
I don't know the best place to upload such things, Jaygon. Perhaps someone could advise?

You may have a point about copyright, though as long as we stick to audio recordings that are no longer available to buy new we won't actually be depriving anyone of any financial gain. On the other hand, if we were asked officially to take the recordings down we would of course have to comply.

Society Member
jaygon

Post by jaygon »

Yes, most of the stuff is no longer for sale. If asked to take it down, we will.

Perhaps someone can help me with the uploading problem!
Keith Robinson
Site Administrator

Post by Keith Robinson »

Moonraker wrote:
Anita Bensoussane wrote: All this can only be done when webmaster Keith has time to devote to it, as it will involve a lot of work.
I wouldn't hold your breath, then! :wink: My good friend, Keith, is an incredibly busy man. He has plans for EnidBlyton.net and of course, is prolifically (?) writing more of his successful fantasy novels.

However, I am sure that eventually he will fulfill all that he has promised! :D
You won't have to hold your breath for TOO long, as I plan to devote lots of time to the Society website over the next couple of weeks. So there! Yes, yes, I know, I've been promising this kind of thing to poor Tony for months now, but I really, really, really mean it this time. Honest! :oops:
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator

Good to hear from you, Keith. Though I'm aware that adding a new section to the website would be a big project, and I know there are other things to be done too.

Society Member
jaygon

Post by jaygon »

Hi Keith,
Do you think a section could be developed where the files could be uploaded directly to the site?
Matthew Roberts
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers
Favourite character: Fatty and George

Post by Matthew Roberts »

I have amassed quite a few Enid Blyton audio books and dramatisations, so I thought I would upload them and post links here, in case anyone is interested. The collection exceeds 3 GB, so I have tried to spread the load over two file sharing sites (Mediafire and Megaupload). All the audio books are in .zip folders, which shouldn't pose too many problems. Links are below, together with as much information as I have regarding the recordings, such as quality and narrator, etc. I haven't had the time to listen to them all, and as some are recorded from cassettes, others from CDs, the quality is necessarily going to vary.

I haven't ripped any of these myself; they are all versions I found while trawling the web. I put them here in the hope that they will be of interest to some. I will update the list if I come across any more. If you have any questions or problems, let me know.

Enjoy! :)

Links Removed
Last edited by Tony Summerfield on 26 Mar 2012, 16:35, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Added to the list.
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator

Good stuff, Matt!

Society Member
Michelle Rowatt

Post by Michelle Rowatt »

I wish Gary Russell could get his friends at Big Finish Productions to do audios of Blyton books
They might even be able to use actual teenagers for the voices in the Malory Towers stories!
jaygon

Post by jaygon »

Lovely stuff,

Still no sign of the 'Happy Adventures Tales' cassette! At least one of the to cassettes has shown up!
Adventure83

Post by Adventure83 »

Hi All

I grew up listening to the famous five and Secret 7 Cassettes, I also had a collection of books that i can't recall ever reading (to this day, i still have the habit of purchasing books and not actually read them!)

I was in a popular retailer at the start of January when I saw a 10 Book box set of FF & SS and for the price, I couldn't resist. I read the first few books and plan to read the rest. I went on E-Bay Few days later and I began to purchase The Famous Five Cassettes and i also found some of the originals too (Theatre for Children) :D

I then stumbled across this website and found some downloads ! Woohooo!! A big Thank you to the person who added them!! :D :D

At the age of 36 i still enjoy reading and listening to these stories.