Mr Goon's Good Points!

If it doesn't fit into any of the above categories, post it here!
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Mr Goon's Good Points!

Post by pete9012S »

Hi All!
On a lighter note,

Heres a challenge for us all,
Can we list 10 YES 10! of Mr Goon's GOOD POINTS??

It could be your personal interpretation of Theo's('TG'to his pals)positive qualities,or maybe you could include an excerpt from any of the stories he appears in to support what you feel to be a positive facet of his personality.

Its not going to be easy,can you rise to the challenge?
Heres one to start us off........................

1.He feels remorse when Ern goes missing in 'Hidden House,and imagines how he will welcome him and give him a slap up meal,....if ever Ern comes home.....

11.......Bonus good point (unlikely but what the heck!)
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Re: Mr Goon's Good Points!

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

1.He feels remorse when Ern goes missing in 'Hidden House,and imagines how he will welcome him and give him a slap up meal,....if ever Ern comes home.....

2. In Hidden House Goon shows concern for what he thinks is a cow out on Christmas Hill on a bitterly cold night.

"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Aurélien
Favourite book/series: Book: The Boy Next Door / Series: Famous Five
Favourite character: Noddy

Post by Aurélien »

2. In Hidden House Goon shows concern for what he thinks is a cow out on Christmas Hill on a bitterly cold night.
3. Goon's nephew, Ern, was his one and only good point...

Jen-Jen
Favourite book/series: The Boy Next Door
Favourite character: Fatty, George, Barney and Darrell

Post by Jen-Jen »

4. He shows some courage and pluck occasionally - i.e. in Missing Necklace he poses as a waxwork.
5. He has some brains - he discovers the secret code in Missing Necklace and comes up with the idea of posing as a waxwork.

"I should think that if it came to pushing, Eunice might send old Fatty flying" - Larry The Mystery of the Missing Man
sixret
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers,Mr.Twiddle,Barney R
Favourite character: Mr.Twiddle,Fatty,Saucepan,Snubby

Post by sixret »

4. He shows some courage and pluck occasionally - i.e. in Missing Necklace he poses as a waxwork.
5. He has some brains - he discovers the secret code in Missing Necklace and comes up with the idea of posing as a waxwork.
6. He gives joy to Buster.

Muminah
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers & Dog Series.
Favourite character: Fatty, Jack Trent & Darrel.

Post by Muminah »

7.He apologizes and feels bad after stuffing the wet Doll's clothes down Fatty's neck.(Afterall, Fatty has given Goon a really hard time.......)

11.......Bonus good point (unlikely but what the heck!
"How funny grown-ups are!"said Anne, puzzled."I'm quite certain I shall be thrilled to see a sliding panel or a trap-door even when I'm a hundred".
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

7.He apologizes and feels bad after stuffing the wet Doll's clothes down Fatty's neck.(Afterall, Fatty has given Goon a really hard time.......)

8. He decided to uphold law and order as a career, rather than becoming a villain.

Society Member
Jen-Jen

Post by Jen-Jen »

8. He decided to uphold law and order as a career, rather than becoming a villain.

9. He is dedicated to his job, as demonstrated in Pantomime Cat when he cuts his holiday short, dashing home straight away when the mystery crops up.

"I should think that if it came to pushing, Eunice might send old Fatty flying" - Larry The Mystery of the Missing Man
Jen-Jen

Post by Jen-Jen »

we've almost made it to ten - who'd have thought!!!!
MJE
Favourite book/series: Famous Five series
Favourite character: George; Julian; Barney

Post by MJE »

An interesting topic.
Jen-Jen wrote:we've almost made it to ten...
     ... Not without a bit of desperate scraping, though.
     This is the sort of topic I would have expected to result in a blank screen - a bit like those books with titles like "What Men Understand About Women", with a couple of hundred completely blank pages inside.

Regards, Michael.
Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

I'm not certain as to why Ern (no 3) is one of Goon's good points. :?
Society Member
MJE
Favourite book/series: Famous Five series
Favourite character: George; Julian; Barney

Post by MJE »

Moonraker wrote:I'm not certain as to why Ern (no 3) is one of Goon's good points. :?
     Well, for all his faults and - shall we say - lack of competence in many areas of life, I think Ern is in many ways quite an attractive character. Still, there's no obvious way Mr. Goon can take credit for that.

Regards, Michael.
Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Yes, that was my point. I don't see how Goon can be credited with how Ern turned out! :?
Society Member
Daisy
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure series.

Post by Daisy »

I should think the Find-Outers could more legitimately claim that!
'Tis loving and giving that makes life worth living.

Society Member
Yak
Favourite book/series: St Clare's/FFO's.
Favourite character: Fatty/Claudine

Post by Yak »

I really want to think of some but am struggling :) I suppose, tho, that we do largely see Goon through the children's eyes and perhaps he has points about him that they do not, yet, see. I think that he was probably scrupulously honest, for instance .. not the type to become a bent copper.
http://europeforum.freeforums.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;