Home-Making, DIY, Furniture

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Re: Home-Making, DIY, Furniture

Post by Courtenay »

Anita Bensoussane wrote: 17 Jul 2022, 18:45 Not long after moving to my flat, I happened to pick up several pieces of secondhand teak furniture which were by the maker 'Nathan' (it was just a coincidence that I managed to find matching pieces as they all came from different charity shops). My daughter keeps joking that I have two men in my life - Billy and Nathan! :lol:
Ha ha, Anita! :wink:

I currently have four Billies in my life — a narrow and a wide one next to each other with glass doors to make a nice big 3-door cabinet in the living room, and two half height Billies in my bedroom, one on top of the other and bolted together, because the usual full height Billy was a bit too tall to get through the doorway from the narrow corridor outside!! (That was an idea from a friend who is an engineering genius and who also helped me to fit the glass doors onto the living room bookcases, some weeks ago now.) So I've been enjoying unpacking all my books — many of which were in storage for about a year as I sorted things out in my life — and finally having enough shelf space for them all. My Enid Blyton books have pride of place in the glass-fronted cases where they won't get dusty! :D
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Re: Home-Making, DIY, Furniture

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

That's great! Arranging books on shelves turns a house/flat into a home!
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member