POLL: Will you have the COVID-19 vaccine?

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.

Have you had, or will you have the COVID-19 vaccination when offered it?

1. I have already had the vaccine (at least one dose)
80%
2. I intend to have the vaccine when offered
11%
3. I don't intend to have the vaccine
7%
4. I am currently undecided
2%

Total votes: 44

Boatbuilder
Favourite book/series: Adventure, Famous 5, Secret Seven, Five Findouters

POLL: Will you have the COVID-19 vaccine?

Post by Boatbuilder »

In the light of the debate taking place in the main Covid-19 topic, I thought it would be an idea to run a poll.

Even if you have had the vaccine already, please vote in the appropriate box. There are FOUR options and you can choose just one of them. I have left open the option to change your vote in the event you change your mind at a later date, if you have voted for either of the latter two options.

I would suggest at this stage that nobody comments in this topic except for adding any comment about their experience of the vaccination. All other debateable issues are best made in the main Covid-19 topic.
"You can't change history as that won't change the future"

John's Pictures of Suffolk - https://suffolk-world.com/

Society Member
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Re: POLL: Will you have the COVID-19 vaccine?

Post by Fiona1986 »

Unless I become a vaccination centre volunteer I am way, way down the list - in fact my age group isn't even ON the list yet, but I will be getting vaccinated as soon as I'm offered.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Deejay

Post by Deejay »

I won’t make much of a comment either. All I’ll say is I’d have it without hesitation.

A while for me to wait though being 29, so I too will be way down the list!
Boodi 2
Favourite book/series: The Five Find-outers, The Six Cousins
Favourite character: Ern

Post by Boodi 2 »

Just a quick comment to say that we received information yesterday to inform us that despite our age we are WAY DOWN the list and will probably not be offered the vaccine until August or September. Front line workers, healthcare staff and over 80 year olds have top priority, followed by those over the age of 70. When they have all been vaccinated we are next in line, at the earliest in August.
Society Member
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

Gosh, sounds like it'll take a long time to get through the older population and frontline workers! Scotland has almost finished with the over 80s and NHS staff and is working mostly on 75-79 and 70-74 right now (with the aim to have them done in the next couple of weeks), though some 60-69 years olds are also getting appointments.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Boatbuilder

Post by Boatbuilder »

The UK is hoping to have the over-50's vaccinated by May.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55961387" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Society Member
Boodi 2

Post by Boodi 2 »

I am disappointed (and surprised) that the roll out of the vaccine is so slow here in the south west of Germany, but we can only continue to take precautions and hope for the best.
Society Member
Dinah Cunningham
Favourite book/series: Adventure Series and the Famous Five
Favourite character: Everyone of the Adventure Series, George, Timmy

Post by Dinah Cunningham »

It is strange Boodi 2 as I heard that Switzerland wants to have finished vaccinating those who want by summer... But as my parents as nearly over 75 haven't heard anything yet, I will have to wait till summer.
Bill: "I don't know what to say. You're only kids — but you're the finest company of friends anyone could have. You know the meaning of loyalty already, and even if you're scared you don't give up. I'm proud to have you for my friends."
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Angela Merkel also says that everyone in Germany will have been the chance to be vaccinated until the end of summer. There are some websites that estimate when it will be your turn (it said for me in "group 3" something between May and August some weeks ago but now it says between August and next year) but I'm optimistic that in a few months (and with more different vaccines) things will become faster.
Society Member
Boodi 2

Post by Boodi 2 »

Thanks Hannah!
I hope you are correct and that things do speed up here.
Society Member
Boatbuilder

Post by Boatbuilder »

Enid and I had our first vaccinations about 45 minutes ago. Totally painless. :D

We didn't get a card but by the time we got back home, we both had an email with all the details (batch number, etc.,) in it. It was the Oxford one, which they told us. We also got a leaflet with other details on side-effects etc.

I hope everyone else gets theirs sooner rather than later.

Society Member
Barnard
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers Series and Adventure Series.
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Barnard »

I had my first vaccination last Friday. Very impressed with the organisation at the vaccination centre. Very efficient.
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

My parents, aunt and uncle have all had the first one done due to their all being over 70. So has my sister-in-law who is a nursery nurse and therefore a key worker. I too am a key worker (supermarket home shopping) so I'm slightly disappointed it hasn't been offered yet, but I'm not unduly worried because I take adequate precautions every day and live by myself anyway. But in answer to your question, yes certainly I'll have the vaccine.

I just want the whole thing to be over and done with!
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Post by Courtenay »

I have now been given the card with the record of my vaccination, thank goodness. We weren't given anything on the day, so I went to our reception desk at work a few days later and asked if we were going to get a card with the vaccine name and the date of our second dose. The secretary said he hadn't heard of any such thing and didn't think we should receive one, but I insisted that everyone else I know who's been vaccinated has been given an official card, and he eventually did his research and found that we WERE supposed to get it and we somehow missed out. So that's now been rectified and now I know the second dose will be on the 29th of April (and it was the AstraZeneca vaccine). Glad to have that sorted out, especially as I'll be travelling overseas later in the year.
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
Boatbuilder

Post by Boatbuilder »

Courtenay, I'm pleased you got it resolved. That's more or less the same information that Enid and I received in the emails we got immediately following the vaccinations. We were informed in the original appointment letter that we would be sent the second appointments early May. This was the important information that was in the email:

Society Member