POLL: Will you have the COVID-19 vaccine?

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.

Have you had, or will you have the COVID-19 vaccination when offered it?

1. I have already had the vaccine (at least one dose)
80%
2. I intend to have the vaccine when offered
11%
3. I don't intend to have the vaccine
7%
4. I am currently undecided
2%

Total votes: 44

Katharine

Re: POLL: Will you have the COVID-19 vaccine?

Post by Katharine »

Anne Gracie wrote: 04 Sep 2021, 08:37 I think people would get used to having a paper copy in their wallet for example. Just like you have to carry a mask and ID with you at all times. I’m surprised the checking in everywhere could become second nature, although still irksome yeah.
My problem is that even after almost 18 months of Covid precautions, it's still not automatic that I carry a mask with me, especially difficult if I've worn a coat one day and had it in the pocket and then go out the next without one because it's warm, or use a different handbag and forget to transfer it. Same with ID, I usually have my driving licence in my purse, but if I was just popping out to a local shop and didn't want to take a handbag, I might just slip a couple of pounds into my pocket as my purse would be too bulky.

Do airlines not issue 'proper' tickets anymore? If not, that's me ruled out of international travel then. :cry:

I thought your comment about freedom very interesting. I know several young people who felt bullied into having the vaccine, not because they felt they were at risk of serious illness, but because they were concerned that in a few months they won't be able to go to shows etc without it and so did it so they could have a social life.
Society Member
Anne Gracie

Post by Anne Gracie »

Yes airlines still do issue paper boarding passes, but I’m not sure about tickets. I think you have to print them out. I know with theatre tickets I get them to print me off a paper ticket when I purchase at the box office. When I purchase online I have started using e-tickets.

I get the impression that young people are being bullied into having the vaccine here. It seems to have come out of nowhere. There was also a social media post today about five year olds getting tested now! A lot of parents were angry about that understandably, where does it end? With regard to youth being left out socially I totally get that scenario and it will definitely add to the mental health issues they are already having throughout this. If you are a minor and your parents are anti-vax? That is a very difficult situation as a teen. This age is already complex enough!

With the masks, I have a about a dozen. They’re everywhere. In the car, house, bag etc. I will nearly forget sometimes, then I see other people wearing them and reminds me, so I always have one handy to put on. When I was at work proper I would get to the end of the week and I’d have all my cloth masks lined up on the clothesline ready to be washed! Sometimes I get tired of that and just use the disposal ones.
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Katharine wrote: 04 Sep 2021, 08:05
Anne Gracie wrote: 04 Sep 2021, 04:40 Even though the jab is not mandatory it will be interesting to see the divide when it comes to the cans and can nots and what is permitted. There is talk of not being allowed in restaurants for example of you can’t produce your proof of vax...
I agree that it will be interesting to see how it can be enforced (if at all). For a start, I don't know how people like myself would be able to prove it as I don't have a phone capable of downloading apps. Even if someone does have an app, surely there's the potential problem that they couldn't get a signal/a network might be down, or they've run out of battery? If there's a paper system alternative, that would be a pain as people would have to remember to take it everywhere they went, just in case they decided at the last minute to go to see a film, have a meal etc.
About a month ago I used the following link to apply for a printed NHS letter showing that I've had two Covid-19 jabs. The letter arrived by post within a couple of days but the size is A4, which is a little inconvenient.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavir ... ss-letter/

Regarding masks, I've had the same four cloth masks ever since March or April 2020. I wear them at work for 7-8 hours at a stretch and they're still going strong. I've got into the habit of checking I've got a mask with me before I leave home, though having to carry/wear one still seems somewhat surreal.
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Boatbuilder
Favourite book/series: Adventure, Famous 5, Secret Seven, Five Findouters

Post by Boatbuilder »

I was able to book Enid's and my 3rd (Booster) vaccinations today for this coming Saturday. It was six months, a few days ago, since our second one.
"You can't change history as that won't change the future"

John's Pictures of Suffolk - https://suffolk-world.com/

Society Member
Boodi 2
Favourite book/series: The Five Find-outers, The Six Cousins
Favourite character: Ern

Post by Boodi 2 »

Great news John! I have now had my 'flu jab, but when I asked about the Covid booster my GP told me that I am too young (!!!) and will have to wait until next month as at present they are only vaccinating those aged over 70 years and healthcare staff.
Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

I'm also having my 3rd jab on Saturday, John (Boatbuilder).
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Boatbuilder
Favourite book/series: Adventure, Famous 5, Secret Seven, Five Findouters

Post by Boatbuilder »

SNAP! Anita. :D

What it is to be young, Monique! :D ;)

Our elder daughter who is 50 had her booster a couple of weeks ago, as she works as a carer.
"You can't change history as that won't change the future"

John's Pictures of Suffolk - https://suffolk-world.com/

Society Member
IceMaiden
Favourite book/series: Too many to mention! All of them!
Favourite character: George

Post by IceMaiden »

I had my second five weeks ago and unlike the first, I felt terrible after it. My arm started hurting within minutes of having it and by the evening it was so painful I couldn't move it! I felt bad so went to bed and woke up in the night feeling like I had flu, freezing cold and shivering uncontrollably. I wanted to go and sit by the fire but I was so cold I couldn't move! Then just as I thought I couldn't stand it a moment longer it stopped as quick as it started. I felt achey next morning though, horrible heavy painful aching that didn't wear off until about 6 that evening although around where they put the needle hurt badly for days. I'm not sure I'd have a booster if offered one after that!
Society Member

I'm just an old fashioned girl with an old fashioned mind
Not sophisticated, I'm the sweet and simple kind
I want an old fashioned house, with an old fashioned fence
And A̶n̶ ̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶f̶a̶s̶h̶i̶o̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶m̶i̶l̶l̶i̶o̶n̶a̶i̶r̶e̶
Anne Gracie

Post by Anne Gracie »

The plan here in Australia is that we will have the booster around February and then the flu shot in April. My symptoms with these were mild (tolerable) and I have no apprehension about having them again.