Football

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Re: Football

Post by Eddie Muir »

I hope you’re right about the Seagulls, John. Sadly, the Owls dropped two points as you say. A great result for Forest, Number 6. Another defeat for the Baggies, although they fared better against Manchester City than expected losing by three goals to two.
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
number 6
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George/Jo

Post by number 6 »

A totally unexpected away win against Hull, but one worth savouring! Great to see young Dowell get an hat-trick as well. However, we conceded two goals (again!) & nearly gave away an equaliser! We've still got the same old defensive frailties & we aren't learning from them. It'll be our downfall again & the reason why won't get into the play-off's! :|

The Seagulls gained another valuable point, Eddie. They're starting to get to grips with life in the Premiership. I, too, think they'll stay up. :D The Baggies nearly sneaked an equaliser towards the end of the game. I thought they did well against a very good, dominant City side. :|

I was talking to an Owls fan this lunchtime, John, & he echoed your exact words & feelings regarding the state of the club. I just can't believe how much they've slumped over recent weeks. It's incredible to think that they were in a great position last season to push on this term & challenge for promotion. The unrest & uncertainty surrounding the club at the moment, is surely having a negative affect on the players. I just hope it gets sorted out pretty quickly & they can turn their season around. :|
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

A true fan supports his team in good times and bad, John. Don't give up on them! :D
Society Member
John Pickup
Favourite book/series: Barney mysteries
Favourite character: Snubby

Post by John Pickup »

It won't get turned around, Number 6. Chansiri, the owner, has now got pictures of himself adorning the ground and at last weeks shareholders meeting he stood up and said, I am the owner now. Shades of the North Korean dictator. A poll on Owlstalk, the fans forum, had just three people in favour of the way the club is being run at the moment. More and more people are realising that something very sinister is happening at Hillsborough. It is all very sad.
Nigel, I have supported the team all my life and will continue to do so. But the current regime in charge is behaving very dictatorial and I refuse to put money into his pocket while he continues to strip the club of its identity.
Society Member
number 6

Post by number 6 »

John Pickup wrote: I have supported the team all my life and will continue to do so. But the current regime in charge is behaving very dictatorial and I refuse to put money into his pocket while he continues to strip the club of its identity.
Absolutely so, John! Wise words indeed. I do sympathise with you & I'm 100% behind your stand against your clubs owner. We had a dictatorship in the 90's, when the ex-Tottenham owner Scholar & his cronies took over the ownership of Forest. Within their short tenure they had destroyed the entire structure of the club & left us in ruins, which took many years to recover from. I can remember walking out on the club I love & not renewing my season ticket until the leaches had finally been ousted & bought out. I admire you & the other Owls fans for taking a firm stand. I sincerely hope there will be brighter times to come in the near future! :|
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

A good win for the Owls against Milwall tonight, John. :D
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
number 6

Post by number 6 »

Good to see a bit of gloom lifted at Hillsborough tonight, John! A much needed win for the Owls. :D

Back to reality for the Reds, though. Another predictable, indifferent away performance saw us lose to struggling Reading. When will we ever learn from our naïve mistakes?! :roll:
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

John Pickup wrote: Nigel, I have supported the team all my life and will continue to do so. But the current regime in charge is behaving very dictatorial and I refuse to put money into his pocket while he continues to strip the club of its identity.
Fair point, well made, John. :D
Society Member
John Pickup

Post by John Pickup »

I was there last night and a scrappy 2-1 win relieved the pressure on the manager temporarily. The atmosphere was flat though, hardly any singing or chants, it certainly is a gloomy Hillsborough at present.
You're right about Forest, Number 6, they can't defend for toffee.
Society Member
number 6

Post by number 6 »

John Pickup wrote:You're right about Forest, Number 6, they can't defend for toffee.

Absolutely, John!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
number 6

Post by number 6 »

Cracking results for the Owls & Brighton today, John & Eddie! The Tricky Trees enjoyed a good win as well...& a clean sheet! :D Pity the Baggies couldn't muster a win, then it would've been complete. :|
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

Pity too about Kiddderminster Harriers and Gainsborough Trinity in the FA Cup, Nunmber 6. :cry:

Society Member
number 6

Post by number 6 »

Yes, tis a pity! I've just caught up with FA Cup results this morning. :|
John Pickup

Post by John Pickup »

I'm afraid my home town club, Gainsborough Trinity, capitulated. I wasn't there but the reports I've seen and heard aren't very complimentary.
Owls on the way back. They continue to astound me this season, winning away handsomely at Villa but struggling against the likes of Bolton and Burton. The more I see of Brighton, the more impressed I become with their manager, Chris Hughton. they will stay up. As for Forest, I liken them to us, excellent one week, terrible the next. Consistency needed at both clubs.
Society Member
number 6

Post by number 6 »

John Pickup wrote:As for Forest, I liken them to us, excellent one week, terrible the next. Consistency needed at both clubs.
Absolutely, John! If our respective teams were consistent, they'd be firmly in the play-off spots by now...& probably stop there all season (Maybe! :wink: ). They've got the talent, but not the ability to kill games off! :roll: