Back in Time for Dinner/the Weekend/School

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
dsr

Re: Back in Time for Dinner/the Weekend/School

Post by dsr »

Rob Houghton wrote:
Anita Bensoussane wrote:
Rob Houghton wrote:Also the joys of watching Treasure Hunt with Anneka Rice! What a great TV programme! It was brilliant to travel round the country seeing shots of places we might have visited, and great aerial shots too - quite modern for its time.
I liked watching Treasure Hunt too. Anneka Rice was so smiley and full of energy.
She was - she made the programme. I never enjoyed it half so much when Annabel Croft took over!
I preferred Annabel Croft, simply because she had such a beautiful smile.
DSR
timv

Re: Back in Time for Dinner/the Weekend/School

Post by timv »

'Treasure Hunt' with Anneka Rice was one of my favourites too; I enjoyed looking out for places that I recognised, with one of her trips taking place in the New Forest and another in Bath. It was fun seeing her rushing into a place shouting 'Stop the Clock!' or 'Where's the clue!'

But I think it went downhill when Annabel Croft took over, though anyone would have had difficulty replacing such a huge personality as Anneka. The main problem with the final series of Treasure Hunt for me was the way that the arrival of the team seemed to be 'shoehorned' into local events, as if it had been arranged beforehand and carefully timed as part of the show - eg fetes, historical re-enactments, and sports/ outdoor activities challenges. It would have added to the crowds able to see the team and given new challenges for Annabel instead of her just arriving to hunt for the clue and meeting whoever happened to be there, as Anneka did in the first few years of the series - but it seemed a bit artificial!
Society Member