Monthly Quiz

Important forum announcements.
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

Don't panic, Barney is just me doing a time test. I went through it pretty quickly and in my haste I still clicked on a wrong answer and it took me 2.44mins. I will ask Keith to remove my score, but it does make me wonder how people can complete the quiz in just over a minute :roll: :roll:
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Easier, my ****!
Society Member
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

I got 19 out of 30. Thats 4 better than January but I'm still only number 14 on the list. There are obviously some VERY knowledgeable people out there.

Good fun though. :D
HeatherS
Favourite book/series: Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by HeatherS »

Not so very knowledgeable - I got 22, but a few were lucky guesses! A difficult quiz, but just a teeny bit easier than last time. Although I've heard from a very reliable source (thanks, Keith!) that next months is rather fiendish. My words, not Keith's. I'm filled with trepidation! :D
Heather
"Have you held your breath in wonder, at the sky so dark and deep?" - Enid Blyton
http://www.heathersblytonpages.com/
Mollybob
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure, Five On a Treasure Island
Favourite character: Philip, George

Post by Mollybob »

I suppose it's all relative really and just depends what you have read. I think I need to vary my reading more. I must make a note to myself to re-read some of Enid's other works, and not just the Famous Five, the Adventure Series and Malory Towers ;-)
Matthew Roberts
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers
Favourite character: Fatty and George

Post by Matthew Roberts »

I think I found it about the same: neither easier, nor harder; in fact, just as difficult as last time. Barney is certainly top dog at the moment, though. ;)

I do enjoy these quizzes. Excellent idea, Tony or Keith -- whoever had it!
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

Yes, they are so much fun!

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Fortunately (or not, as the case might be), I have a very forgetful mind.

This means I don't do well in quizzes, but re-read books having no idea of the endings!
Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

HeatherS wrote:I've heard from a very reliable source (thanks, Keith!) that next months is rather fiendish. My words, not Keith's. I'm filled with trepidation! :D
Not so reliable this time, next month is still just as gentle! :lol: Still set by me and Keith hasn't seen it yet. I sent Keith 30 questions that were set by Anita, and she's a hard taskmaster and yes, they were a bit fiendish!! I will certainly use all her questions, but balance them out so that they don't all come at once. As I have said before I do try to make it so that the questions cover a broad Blyton range and are not biased in any particular direction.

I meant to ask you Heather, did you get your anniversary booklets okay?
Mollybob

Post by Mollybob »

moonraker wrote:Fortunately (or not, as the case might be), I have a very forgetful mind.

This means I don't do well in quizzes, but re-read books having no idea of the endings!
I have the same "problem" when it comes to books. However, it is nice to be able to re-read books and have a surprise each time. I've read many of my favourite books over and over again but still forget things. My boyfriend read most of the Famous Five books when he was a child and can still remember everything.
I think you like Agatha Christie books too. It's always nice re-reading them and not remembering who did it. It means I can try to work out the murderer again each time.

As you rightly point out though, this trait is not much help when it comes to quizzes ;-)
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

I usually remember what I read - given that it's a Blyton and not for studies!

Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

[Tony:] "I sent Keith 30 questions that were set by Anita, and she's a hard taskmaster and yes, they were a bit fiendish!!"

Well, I wouldn't want to insult anyone's intelligence by making things too easy, would I? :wink: :twisted:

Anita
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Mollybob wrote:
moonraker wrote:Fortunately (or not, as the case might be), I have a very forgetful mind.

I think you like Agatha Christie books too. It's always nice re-reading them and not remembering who did it. It means I can try to work out the murderer again each time.

As you rightly point out though, this trait is not much help when it comes to quizzes ;-)

Yes, I love the works of Agatha Christie. I am reading Mystery of the Spiteful Letters at the moment, and have noticed how similar to Agatha's The Moving Finger it is.
Society Member
Matthew Roberts
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers
Favourite character: Fatty and George

Post by Matthew Roberts »

I love Dame Agatha, too. Her books I can read time and time again, even if I know who did it. The same goes for the audio books. The David Suchet and Hugh Fraser ones are particularly good.

Any favourites, Nigel, Mollybob? (I should probably start a new thread with this.)
Mollybob

Post by Mollybob »

I like the Poirot books best (I also have the whole David Suchet series on DVD :D ) I really like The ABC Murders, Death in the Clouds and Hickory Dickory Dock.
Another favourite, non-Poirot this time, is And Then There Were None.

Perhaps we should start an Agatha Christie appreciation thread ;-)