Monthly Quiz

Important forum announcements.
Viking Star
Favourite book/series: Mystery, Adventure and Secret series.
Favourite character: Fatty, Mrs Hilton and Philip

Post by Viking Star »

Not that I'm asking whoever it is to reveal themselves, but isn't Anita the obvious suspect? :D

Does she have an alibi? Does she have a pair of rubber-soled shoes size 12+, with curious criss-cross markings? :shock: :D
This is a Green Knight Book which means that it is a book by one of the most popular authors of all.
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

I do have an alibi, as a matter of fact. While Peterkin was tackling the quiz, I was at the cinema watching He Loved Her So. Silly, soppy film it was - and the film kept breaking, making it go on even longer.

I wear rubber-soled shoes at all times, after reading in The Castle of Adventure that they protect the wearer from lightning, but they're not size 12+!

Anita
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Viking Star

Post by Viking Star »

Anita Bensoussane wrote:I do have an alibi, as a matter of fact. While Peterkin was tackling the quiz, I was at the cinema watching He Loved Her So. Silly, soppy film it was - and the film kept breaking, making it go on even longer.

Anita
Hmmm. Well of course you could have had with you one of those clever mobile phones that can access the web. I'm sure Ming must have one. :wink:

As for the film keeping on breaking......Please! We've all read the Mystery of the Pantomime Cat! :wink: :D
This is a Green Knight Book which means that it is a book by one of the most popular authors of all.
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

Viking Star wrote:Hmmm. Well of course you could have had with you one of those clever mobile phones that can access the web. I'm sure Ming must have one. :wink:
Well, I do have a mobile phone, which my father brought from China for my mother, but it is soooo small that my mother can't use it. So he gave it to me. I don't know if there is a way to use the internet on it, the instruction guide was written in Chinese, and I can't read it. I figured out how to use it by pressing buttons and stuff.

It's this small, I know I can't photograph my mobile so I scanned it along with my hand just to show the size. All the pictures I took of my books and stuff was with this.

Society Member
Viking Star

Post by Viking Star »

Ming wrote:
Well if you're ever a suspect in a mystery, Ming, at least we have your fingerprints!
Ming

Post by Ming »

Well, I hope I'm not a suspect then!

Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

Here's a job for Detective Ming!! Someone is playing silly b*****s with the Quiz - obviously the same person who has had a go as Dandy, Beano, Jennings, Speedy Gonzales, Trotteville, Slowpoke and various Slowpoke relatives. At least they haven't done all that well :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Ming

Post by Ming »

Okay, have to say this - I'm no detective! But I'll try anyway, ponder on it for a few days and try to come up with an answer, but I'm sure I'll be wrong.

Society Member
Tony Summerfield

For those that haven't noticed, February is now up and running on the Monthly Quiz page. A slightly fairer scoring system now (thanks to booklover for spotting the problem!) and I hope the questions are a tiny bit easier - though Anita's score will already take some beating :lol: :lol:
Ming

Post by Ming »

Questions are harder you mean!

Society Member
Jools
Favourite book/series: The Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Julian

Post by Jools »

Ming wrote:Questions are harder you mean!
Heartily agree! I only got 13 :oops: :oops:
Half term at last!

Forums' First Angela.
Mollybob
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure, Five On a Treasure Island
Favourite character: Philip, George

Post by Mollybob »

Yes, I would say the same. I only got 12 this time :oops:
Lenoir
Favourite book/series: FFO/FF. Five run away together, Most FFO books.
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Lenoir »

I did a lot better, so I would say they might be a bit easier (or I'm a bit older and wiser than last time!)
Ming

Post by Ming »

Tony Summerfield wrote:A slightly fairer scoring system now (thanks to booklover for spotting the problem!)
What's the change? I didn't notice anything different.

Society Member
Tony Summerfield

You scored 20 in 2.04 mins, Ming. We get your final rating as follows:-
score X 100 minus time in seconds, so you scored 20 X 100 = 2000 and from this we deduct your time 124 seconds = 1876 your score.

Last month we inadvertently called 2.04 mins, 204 seconds, so your score would only have been 1796!!

Well done scoring 20, it is still a good score, but I stand by what I said, I think it is slightly easier and the fact that eight people have got 20 or more right on the first day, would seem to support me. There weren't all that many scores over 20 in January and even some of those were achieved in an impossibly short time!!!!!! You are very quick indeed but still took over 2 minutes.

Best wishes, nice to see you back
Tony