I have to have a rant

Enid used many illustrators in her books. Discuss them here.
Yak
Favourite book/series: St Clare's/FFO's.
Favourite character: Fatty/Claudine

I have to have a rant

Post by Yak »

I had a happy hour browsing through the illustrations earlier but then stumbled on one which I'd not seen since I was a child, and yet I instantly hated it as much now as I did then:

http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/auth ... ares-7.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sorry but - who ARE these people? Presumably the girl in front is Carlotta, having just dropped an E and indulged in a bit of hip hop. But who are the others? Is that Pam Boardman with the glasses? Who is the girl with her hands in her hair? As I child I presumed it was Alison, for no real reason. Who is the girl behind her???
http://europeforum.freeforums.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Aurélien
Favourite book/series: Book: The Boy Next Door / Series: Famous Five
Favourite character: Noddy

Re: I have to have a rant

Post by Aurélien »

:) Artistic liberty, perhaps, Moose/Yak? :D

I guess *chuckle* we all have things that turn us off....with old Aurélien it tends to be words, my latest pet peeve being a gourmet food/drink radio ad where the gushing young person trying to sell us on a particular flavour screeches "Thats...LASER!" *Resolved, never to darken their doors!* After all, there might be worse inside....mayhap even that giggly trendy-wendy herself lying in ambush!

:oops: Sorry, nothing to do with EB, I know.

'Aurélien Arkadiusz' 8)
Last edited by Aurélien on 11 Mar 2010, 22:34, edited 1 time in total.
Yak
Favourite book/series: St Clare's/FFO's.
Favourite character: Fatty/Claudine

Post by Yak »

That's .. laser?!

Don't you know though that these things are specifically designed to annoy the over 30s so they won't damage the reputation of a particular place, station or product by - gasps - being seen to be using it :D
http://europeforum.freeforums.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Aurélien
Favourite book/series: Book: The Boy Next Door / Series: Famous Five
Favourite character: Noddy

Post by Aurélien »

Yak wrote:That's .. laser?!

Don't you know though that these things are specifically designed to annoy the over 30s so they won't damage the reputation of a particular place, station or product by - gasps - being seen to be using it :D
The Geezer Kiss of Death, in fact.....well, :lol: it certainly succeeded with moi.

'Aurélien Arkadiusz' :roll:
70s-child
Favourite book/series: Adv. series, Barney series, St. Clare's, FFO
Favourite character: Snubby, Loony, Susie, Dinah, Jack Trent, Fatty

Post by 70s-child »

Yak wrote: http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/auth ... ares-7.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sorry but - who ARE these people? Presumably the girl in front is Carlotta, having just dropped an E and indulged in a bit of hip hop. But who are the others? Is that Pam Boardman with the glasses? Who is the girl with her hands in her hair? As I child I presumed it was Alison, for no real reason. Who is the girl behind her???
:lol: Now that you mention it - who indeed ARE these people?!! Let's see... the one with the hands on her head could be Mirabel. She looks grumpy. Alison is drawn with long hair by the same artist in the cover for "Claudine". The two people with the glasses could be teachers. The dark haired one with glasses looks too old to be a student. Maybe she is mam'zelle. :D Ok, this is where my imagination runs out. The rest could be pretty much anyone!
Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Of course, it could just be a random picture of some girls who have nothing to do with the story! It's the sort of thing that publishers do when updating books!
Society Member