Themes error

What would you like to see? All feedback and suggestions appreciated!
Matthew Roberts
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers
Favourite character: Fatty and George

Themes error

Post by Matthew Roberts »

Is anyone else having problems with changing themes on the main site? It is working fine for me, but Tony has reported receiving the following error messages:
Warning: Undefined variable: HTTP_REFERER in /home/sites/site159/web/theme.php on line 22

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sites/site159/web/theme.php:22) in /home/sites/site159/web/theme.php on line 22
I have tried it using Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Internet Explorer, and it is all working fine for me. If it isn't just Tony, then there is a bug that needs looking into.

All feedback appreciated. :D

Matthew
oldBourney

OK on mine

Post by oldBourney »

i'm using an Avant Browser (IE6 in a wrapper)

it's a great browser, as you can have multiple sites open in one browser. it's why i'm always logged on while my machine's on
They have their dreams and do not think of us ....
tik

Themes

Post by tik »

I haven't the faintest idea what "Themes" means in relation to the web-site - perhaps you can help me there!

When I click the different "Theme" numbers I get exactly the same page.

It says "Welcome to the new website of the Enid Blyton Society. The aim of the Society, which was formed in early 1995, is to provide a focal point for collectors and enthusiasts of Enid Blyton through its magazine The Enid Blyton Society Journal, issued three times, etc, etc and it also has a headline - "News" ... and it ends with "New Journal Published."
Matthew Roberts
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers
Favourite character: Fatty and George

Re: Themes

Post by Matthew Roberts »

tik wrote:I haven't the faintest idea what "Themes" means in relation to the web-site - perhaps you can help me there!

When I click the different "Theme" numbers I get exactly the same page.
Sorry for taking so long to get back to you about this, tik.

The "themes" are a set of designs for the site which the visitor can switch between. However, you do need cookies to be enabled, which is why you may be getting the same page whenever you click on a theme number (I presume the red theme?).

Here are screenshots of the four themes. As you see, the content stays the same, but you can choose the design, or "skin", in which to view that content.

Hope that made sense!

Matt