The Enid Blyton Society

New Weekly Serial

What would you like to see? All feedback and suggestions appreciated!

Re: New Weekly Serial

Postby Rob Houghton » 04 Dec 2017, 12:27

Thank you, Daisy! :-D I must admit I read my serial every week, too! I'm always surprised what happens next, lol - as I tend to look at it as a whole book rather than chapter by chapter, so I'm never quite sure exactly what each chapter will contain. Its always interesting to see how good or bad my 'cliff-hangers' are! ;-) I did write it with the view to it being read weekly, of course, and was always trying to end the chapter - if not on a cliff-hanger as such - then at a point where readers would be wanting to read on!

Many thanks to you for being one of the few who actually read it as a serial! :D :D
'Oh voice of Spring of Youth
hearts mad delight,
Sing on, sing on, and when the sun is gone
I'll warm me with your echoes
through the night.'

(E. Blyton, Sunday Times, 1951)

Society Member
Rob Houghton

Favourite book/series: Rubadub Mystery and The Find-Outers
Favourite character: Fatty

Postby Dinah Cunningham » 04 Dec 2017, 16:44

Great chapter. Wondering if he is a good or a bad person. For the time being I would say bad, but you never know... It's bad that they couldn't be there when it is returned, perhaps they would learn something from it...

I first read a lot of fanfiction on Harry Potter and while I loved those storys who were finished, I didn't like those who were too long and I also learnt to wait for the next chapter there.
Bill: "I don't know what to say. You're only kids — but you're the finest company of friends anyone could have. You know the meaning of loyalty already, and even if you're scared you don't give up. I'm proud to have you for my friends."
Dinah Cunningham

Favourite book/series: Adventure Series and the Famous Five
Favourite character: Everyone of the Adventure Series, George, Timmy

Postby Rob Houghton » 04 Dec 2017, 17:35

Thank you Dinah - I'm so happy you are liking my story! :-D

I much prefer reading these stories weekly, as, like Daisy, I don't print them off, and reading the full story online all in one go would be a bit of a strain, especially with long ones like mine. I think people who would rather wait and print it off will also be in for a shock, as it runs to a few hundred pages! :lol:
'Oh voice of Spring of Youth
hearts mad delight,
Sing on, sing on, and when the sun is gone
I'll warm me with your echoes
through the night.'

(E. Blyton, Sunday Times, 1951)

Society Member
Rob Houghton

Favourite book/series: Rubadub Mystery and The Find-Outers
Favourite character: Fatty

Previous

Return to enidblytonsociety.co.uk