Interesting Noddy Collection

Advertise items for sale. (Please note: The Enid Blyton Society is not responsible for anything listed in these forums. You buy and sell at your own risk.)
Ice_Gemz
Favourite book/series: The Folk of The Faraway Tree

Interesting Noddy Collection

Post by Ice_Gemz »

I found an interesting collection of pretty much everything Noddy-branded on eBay, made me think of our dear Anita ;)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-NODD ... 890.l49292" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Re: Interesting Noddy collection

Post by pete9012S »

I'd be interested to hear Tony's comments on this collection as I know he has a superb array of Noddy memorabilia too.
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

Drool, drool.

I wonder if I could persuade my husband to take out a second mortgage. :wink:
Society Member
pete9012S

Post by pete9012S »

If not Katharine, maybe hubby could get you this!
Large Free Standing Noddys Wishing Well Charity Moneybox
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Large-Free-S ... Sw~zJfddig" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Society Member
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Post by Courtenay »

Ice_Gemz wrote:I found an interesting collection of pretty much everything Noddy-branded on eBay, made me think of our dear Anita ;)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-NODD ... 890.l49292" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Who on earth broke in and took a photo of Anita's bedroom??? :shock: :twisted: :wink:

Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

pete9012S wrote:If not Katharine, maybe hubby could get you this!
Large Free Standing Noddys Wishing Well Charity Moneybox
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Large-Free-S ... Sw~zJfddig" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That's nice and it wouldn't clutter up the house either. :D
Society Member
Boatbuilder
Favourite book/series: Adventure, Famous 5, Secret Seven, Five Findouters

Post by Boatbuilder »

Katharine wrote:Drool, drool.

I wonder if I could persuade my husband to take out a second mortgage. :wink:
You'd probably have to move to a bigger house as well, Katharine, to accommodate it all. :D
"You can't change history as that won't change the future"

John's Pictures of Suffolk - https://suffolk-world.com/

Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

pete9012S wrote:I'd be interested to hear Tony's comments on this collection as I know he has a superb array of Noddy memorabilia too.
I had a look at the collection and as usual got an email from eBay asking me to put in an offer! I wasn't that impressed as even if I was an avid collector there was really nothing there that I would have wanted. I don't think that I have bought any Noddy items this century as I wouldn't really call myself a collector, but when I did buy things they were mostly things produced in Enid's lifetime and I couldn't see much in that collection that would qualify.
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Post by Courtenay »

Tony Summerfield wrote: I had a look at the collection and as usual got an email from eBay asking me to put in an offer! I wasn't that impressed as even if I was an avid collector there was really nothing there that I would have wanted. I don't think that I have bought any Noddy items this century as I wouldn't really call myself a collector, but when I did buy things they were mostly things produced in Enid's lifetime and I couldn't see much in that collection that would qualify.
I noticed that too — most of the items seem to be quite modern ones, not really worth paying big money for. I certainly wouldn't pay £3,000 for the lot — or even £300 for that matter!!
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

Ah thanks for the info Tony.

:D
Society Member
pete9012S

Post by pete9012S »

Thank you for the update Tony.
I remembered a pic on here of Ming being amazed at the size of you paraphernalia, Noddy related.
Am I right in thinking that she was surprised too that you had never read the books?

Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Re: Interesting Noddy Collection

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

It's great to see that photo of Ming again, Pete. It's hard to believe that it's almost 14 years since she was over here for the Enid Blyton Day (in May 2007)!
Ice_Gemz wrote:I found an interesting collection of pretty much everything Noddy-branded on eBay, made me think of our dear Anita ;)
Courtenay wrote:Who on earth broke in and took a photo of Anita's bedroom??? :shock: :twisted: :wink:
:lol:
Ice_Gemz wrote: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-NODD ... 890.l49292" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I notice the seller is in Llanelli so I'm wondering whether that's the collection (or part of it) that belonged to Betty and Johnny Hopton, as I believe they lived in that neck of the woods.
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
pete9012S

Post by pete9012S »

You could be right Anita. I seem to remember Rob saying he had visited them to see the collection.

Amazingly, considering the ebay price tag Tony said:
Tony Summerfield wrote: ...Many years ago I went to Wales to see the Hopton collection that had made it to the Guinness book of records and of all the hundreds of things on display they had just one thing that I wouldn't have minded having, everything else was modern, but they did boast that they never spent more than 50p on anything!

https://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/for ... ON#p229124" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

The one on eBay is certainly better than the Guinness Book of Records collection from Betty H which concentrated on quantity rather than quality. It filled the whole house but other than the bedding (which was new!) there wasn't much that would be valued at more than a few pence!

I have a number of items in my small gathering that would actually run to three figures and I don't mean pence. Many of the items still have their original boxes and are in mint condition - although I have not often left the house over the past year I can promise that I haven't played with any of them. :lol:
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

I'm always amazed when people put huge price tags on an item/items and then only provide a few rubbish photos.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member