Pitkin Pleasure Series

Advertise items for sale. (Please note: The Enid Blyton Society is not responsible for anything listed in these forums. You buy and sell at your own risk.)
Aussie Sue
Favourite book/series: Secret Island, Faraway Tree & FindOuter Series

Pitkin Pleasure Series

Post by Aussie Sue »

As I am downsizing I am parting with some of my duplicates.
Earlier on in my collecting I found the Pitkin Pleasure Series quite hard to find with dustwrappers so I thought some of you may like to know I have just put up 8 with dustwrappers on to Ebay.

Sadly they are only available to those living in Australia as Australia Post has increased international postage so much its not realistic to sent them to the UK.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/174543575009" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cheers
Aussie Sue
Society Member
Boatbuilder
Favourite book/series: Adventure, Famous 5, Secret Seven, Five Findouters

Re: Pitkin Pleasure Series

Post by Boatbuilder »

Soon it won't be possible to send anything by post even within the UK as it will be too expensive. I read the other day that the UK First Class stamp is going up from 76p to 85p on January 1st. How can they justify an almost 12% increase when it went up from 70p to 76p in March this year (8.6%)? :roll:
"You can't change history as that won't change the future"

John's Pictures of Suffolk - https://suffolk-world.com/

Society Member
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Post by pete9012S »

What a marvelous set of books Sue. I hope they go to a new home asap.

Regards

Pete
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Post by Courtenay »

Gosh, those are nice, Sue. It looks like they've sold already, so I hope they went to a good home.
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
Aussie Sue

Post by Aussie Sue »

Boatbuilder wrote:Soon it won't be possible to send anything by post even within the UK as it will be too expensive. I read the other day that the UK First Class stamp is going up from 76p to 85p on January 1st. How can they justify an almost 12% increase when it went up from 70p to 76p in March this year (8.6%)? :roll:
Boatbuilder the same is happening in Australia. Prices are going up and up and the Aust Post executives shared $12 million bonuses during the pandemic, there was outrage. They are also using covid as an excuse to take longer to deliver. You pay extra for Express post which is meant to arrive next day & they are saying, sorry we're extra busy at present. An express post parcel to Michael in Victoria took 20 days to arrive instead of next day???

Sadly it's not worth trying to sell individual books because the postage is higher than the cost of the book.

Gosh I am whinging, sorry about that, but it's sad to not be able to send books to people in UK. I would have loved to have been able to offer you guys, the 10 first edition Pennant Readers that I sold recently for only a few dollars each, as I know they are hard to come by.

I think I'll go back into my Blyton room, that'll put a smile back on my face.

cheers
Sue
Society Member
Aussie Sue

Post by Aussie Sue »

Courtenay wrote:Gosh, those are nice, Sue. It looks like they've sold already, so I hope they went to a good home.
Courtney, you'll be pleased to know they have gone to a Blyton collector in Victoria.

cheers
Sue
Society Member
Courtenay

Post by Courtenay »

Oh, very nice! Probably not my mum, though, as I don't think she spends much time on eBay. :wink: (She's not a serious collector, but she does love old books, particularly EB and other children's books of the sort that were around when she was little, so sometimes I've bought her a classic Blyton book or some EB Magazines for her birthday and she's been very appreciative.)
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
IceMaiden
Favourite book/series: Too many to mention! All of them!
Favourite character: George

Post by IceMaiden »

Boatbuilder wrote:Soon it won't be possible to send anything by post even within the UK as it will be too expensive. I read the other day that the UK First Class stamp is going up from 76p to 85p on January 1st. How can they justify an almost 12% increase when it went up from 70p to 76p in March this year (8.6%)? :roll:
My mum went to the post office yesterday morning for a book of stamps to post Christmas cards to relatives and nearly fell over when she got charged £9. Nearly a tenner to send a few cards :evil: . You can send a medium size parcel with Hermes for less than that! How can they Royal Mail justify that?
Society Member

I'm just an old fashioned girl with an old fashioned mind
Not sophisticated, I'm the sweet and simple kind
I want an old fashioned house, with an old fashioned fence
And A̶n̶ ̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶f̶a̶s̶h̶i̶o̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶m̶i̶l̶l̶i̶o̶n̶a̶i̶r̶e̶
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

The increase in overseas postage is much worse. The cost of sending a Journal to Australia has gone up from £5.30 to £6.65 - that's an increase of 25% in six and a half months! :evil:
Boatbuilder
Favourite book/series: Adventure, Famous 5, Secret Seven, Five Findouters

Post by Boatbuilder »

Soon it will be cheaper to buy an air ticket and delivery them personally. :lol:
"You can't change history as that won't change the future"

John's Pictures of Suffolk - https://suffolk-world.com/

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Sadly, Covid has stopped our local Scouts' stamps this year. At 25p, they were ideal for local deliveries.
Society Member
Courtenay

Post by Courtenay »

Boatbuilder wrote:Soon it will be cheaper to buy an air ticket and delivery them personally. :lol:
I often do save on postage that way when I have gifts for my family, but only if I was already planning to visit them anyway... :wink:
Society Member