Lots of books to sell

Advertise items for sale. (Please note: The Enid Blyton Society is not responsible for anything listed in these forums. You buy and sell at your own risk.)
Ice_Gemz
Favourite book/series: The Folk of The Faraway Tree

Lots of books to sell

Post by Ice_Gemz »

Hi all,

I have purchased a few bulk lots of books this year and now have quite a few duplicates, so I'm looking to sell them on.

I have put together a spreadsheet with details, and some accompanying photos here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I haven't set prices for the books, so I'm open to offers, and can either post them (at buyer's cost) or arrange collection, adhering to social distancing rules.

Do have a look through the list and let me know if you have any questions or want some more info or photos of certain books.

I've also included photos of some Noddy items which were part of another collection, and some which I have duplicates of too, and I'd like them to have homes rather than be put in my loft (my 'library' is overflowing now!)
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Re: Lots of books to sell

Post by Fiona1986 »

What a great way of compiling all the things you have for sale! If those are your cast-offs I'd love to see your actual collection.

I might be interested in The Foxglove and Water-Lily story books - but only if they are the full versions and not the abridged ones as I've made that mistake before!
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
egoon

Post by egoon »

Sent you a DM!
Ice_Gemz

Post by Ice_Gemz »

Hi Fiona, thanks, yes my collection has gotten rather large!

RE the Foxglove and Waterlily story books, they have 128 pages each, unsure if thamey are unabridged, as it doesn't seem to say anywhere. I'll upload some additional photos to the folder so you can have a closer look.

Gemma
Fiona1986

Post by Fiona1986 »

Thanks for the extra photos. Comparing the contents to the list in the cave it looks like both are unabridged. I know you haven't set prices but do you have a rough idea of what you'd like for those two books?

As an aside I love all the Noddy items - I was hunting for Noddy toys for Brodie but could only find vintage stuff, lots of it still boxed. Couldn't bring myself to buy something collectible and then let him loose with it, which is a shame :lol:
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Ice_Gemz

Post by Ice_Gemz »

No worries Fiona. I'm not sure on their worth, but how does £5 each sound, plus the postage? (I'll weigh them and check how much this will be with Hermes and Royal Mail - I think RM will be £3.10 but I'll check)
Yes, lots of Noddy figures and cars, would love for these to find a happy home. Some of the larger ones are old and made of foam, but the newer ones are more sturdy plastic.
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

Does the Noddy and car on the big blue base do anything? Also, regarding the Noddy figure below that in the picture, what does the stand say please? I think I can make out the word 'Children'.
Society Member
Fiona1986

Post by Fiona1986 »

That sounds just fine to me! If you PM me with a total price I can sort out payment.

I managed to get him a Noddy and Revs the car set a year or so ago (from the latest TV show) and although he's not really watched the programme he likes Noddy and the car, the only other vehicle I've seen from that is a builder and bulldozer - so hardly a recognisable Blyton character. I've seen an older Big Ears with fire engine but it seems a bit 'vintage' for a three year old. Somehow when they're described as 'die-cast' it seems wrong to give them to a kid who's going to chuck them about and take them in the bath :lol:

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Ice_Gemz

Post by Ice_Gemz »

Katharine wrote:Does the Noddy and car on the big blue base do anything? Also, regarding the Noddy figure below that in the picture, what does the stand say please? I think I can make out the word 'Children'.
Hi Katharine, the ones you're referring to are charity money collection pots with Noddy figures on top, the blue one has had the labels removed, but the other one is just the figure on the lid bit. There's a Diabetes UK sticker over part of the label, so I'm guessing that one was used for a couple of charities. I'm not sure whether Enid had any affiliation to the charities (unlikely but possible if the charities were started while she was alive). The figures might be removable from the pots but I haven't tried.
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

Ok thanks for that. :D
Society Member
Ice_Gemz

Post by Ice_Gemz »

Hi all, I have now listed a lot of my duplicates on eBay as lots/collections. Do feel free to take a look:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/gemz12345?_t ... 7675.l2559" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fiona1986

Post by Fiona1986 »

My books arrived today, thank you! Thank you also for the Noddy surprises. Brodie immediately adopted Big Noddy, Little Noddy and Noddy Car and shared his picnic lunch with them. Then half an hour later was asking me where the other Noddys were. "More new toys, Mummy!" Ungrateful so and so :lol:.

Image[/url]

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Post by Courtenay »

:D :D :D Gosh, Brodie's a cutie!! Well done for getting him addicted to Noddy at such an early age... :wink:
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
Wolfgang
Favourite book/series: The children at Green Meadows/Adventure-series
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Wolfgang »

I could imagine opinions about this could be divided by the members of this forum, Courtenay ;-). And I'm not talking about Brodie the cutie.
Success is 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration.
Ice_Gemz

Post by Ice_Gemz »

Aaaah, glad he likes them, Fiona, they needed a good home and looks like they've got one :)