Famous Five Together 1974 Compendium

Advertise items for sale. (Please note: The Enid Blyton Society is not responsible for anything listed in these forums. You buy and sell at your own risk.)
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Famous Five Together 1974 Compendium

Post by pete9012S »

I'm currently looking for a decent copy of this book after recently purchasing the other similar title in this issue.
Is it just me or is the price for the only copy that seems to be available at the moment a little steep?

I think you can secure the Eileen Soper Famous Five big book etc for less.I'm struggling to think of who would pay more for a Betty Maxey illustrated Famous Five compendium? Is it just that it's hard to get hold of this edition i wonder????

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380146636624? ... 1438.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/book ... e+Together" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/book ... amous+Five" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
Zar Quon

Re: Famous Five Together 1974 Compendium

Post by Zar Quon »

I'd say it's a lot steep.

Mind, my copy cost me the princely sum of 99p. Plus £3.25 post.

May 2011 apparently.

Oh, & it's got a DJ too.

Now, I admit I might've got lucky (especially as my copy of Fabulous Famous Five set me back £4.20 + £3 p&p (October 2011 fact fans!), but I'd say you want to keep on looking :D
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Post by pete9012S »

Thanks I will keep looking!
Are you able to scan the dustjackets of both books and email them or post them here at all?
I would love to see the complete dustjackets for these two books.(I think the cave only shows the front of each)

Best Wishes

Pete
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

That's quite expensive for no dust jacket, Pete. I've seen The Enid Blyton Big Book - Famous Five three stories inside, for much cheaper than that and with a dust jacket.

Same as the other F.F. compendium of Mystery to Solve and two others.

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
MJE
Favourite book/series: Famous Five series
Favourite character: George; Julian; Barney

Post by MJE »

What book *is* this? I've never heard of it before!
     Not a long-lost Famous Five text posthumously published, is it? No, I thought not.
     But when I finally read the last book, "Five Are Together Again", around 1966 or thereabouts, for years I kept dreaming of newly-discovered Famous Five books surfacing (illustrated by Eileen Soper, of course), and I found them somehow. A bit sad and pathetic, maybe?
     I even dreamed the plots of a couple of these. I think I was desperate for more Famous Five books, which prompted such dreams repeatedly - but when I encountered the French sequels many years later, they didn't fit the bill at all, somehow. Too T.V.-like in style, I think.

Regards, Michael.
Society Member
MJE
Favourite book/series: Famous Five series
Favourite character: George; Julian; Barney

Post by MJE »

Oh - just re-read the thread, and picked up a point I somehow missed before. It's just an omnibus of two or more of the established stories, it seems.
     I might buy it if I happen to see it, but may not go out of my way to seek it - Blyton's output was so vast that I have draw limits of some sort on what I collect.
     Do such omnibus editions contain illustrations not seen in the single editions of the books? If so, that would be an added point of interest, especially if the illustrator were Eileen Soper - as it would be if they had colouring not found in the illustrations in the single editions.

Regards, Michael.
Society Member
Zar Quon

Post by Zar Quon »

pete9012S wrote:Are you able to scan the dustjackets of both books and email them or post them here at all?
I would love to see the complete dustjackets for these two books.(I think the cave only shows the front of each)
Sure can. Just so long as you're in no rush. Remind me in a day or 12 ;)