Noddy's Toyland

Advertise items for sale. (Please note: The Enid Blyton Society is not responsible for anything listed in these forums. You buy and sell at your own risk.)
Katharine

Re: Noddy's Toyland

Post by Katharine »

Tony Summerfield wrote:Surprise, surprise - I have just found out that I have got one of these. Still sitting in its original box in a shed in the garden, where it must have been for about 12 years!! I think the colours are a bit paler than the original, but it shouldn't have faded as it was still in its original bubble wrap and cardboard box. Sadly the glass is cracked - perhaps they sent me a reject!! :roll:
And I thought I was absent minded!!! I'm pretty certain I haven't got a £50 - £100 item tucked away in my shed. :D
Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

That picture of my hut was taken a year ago, Pete. It is no longer in quite such good condition as gravity has played a part. I do also have a large shed which is in very good condition and it was in that, that I found 'Noddy's Toyland'. I have been familiar with this large shed since I was born as it was originally in our garden in Devon before being dismantled and moved to Sussex, and then again on a move to Salisbury. The Noddy picture was a bit of a newcomer to the Shed as there are some large chests in there which haven't been opened for 25 years and if you are wondering what is in them, so am I! :lol:
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

Tony, I misread your post at first - I thought you said you had been born in the shed - not that it had been around since you were born. :lol:

It must be a very sturdy one to have withstood being dismantled twice.

I'm so glad that I'm not the only person with storage that has been unopened for years, although not quite as many as 25 years. Certainly there are boxes in my house which were placed in a corner when we moved about a decade ago, and have remained untouched ever since. I keep thinking one day I'll get around to sorting through them, but then I'll be faced with the decision of whether to keep stuff that I didn't even know I'd got and hadn't looked at for years.
Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

You are a novice in the unpacking department, Katharine, with only ten years. Some of the things from the Devon move still haven't been unpacked and that was 47 years ago!! If you saw this house you would understand better. Somewhere I have two dustwrappered copies of Mischief at St. Rollo's - I couldn't decide which was the better one, but I haven't seen them for four years (and I have searched!).

Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Eddie Muir »

Tony Summerfield wrote:If you saw this house you would understand better.
Having had the privilege of seeing your house with its wonderful Cave of Books, I fully understand, Tony. I have far fewer books than you have and I am constantly having problems trying to find certain titles. I also have a huge collection of records, CDs and tapes and I have even more difficulty in tracking down certain items, which I haven't played or seen for years! :wink:
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member