Enid Blyton Magazines

Advertise items for sale. (Please note: The Enid Blyton Society is not responsible for anything listed in these forums. You buy and sell at your own risk.)
booksforsale2013

Enid Blyton Magazines

Post by booksforsale2013 »

I have a whole selection of Enid Blyton magazines that were donated to the dogs trust shop i am working at, we want them to go to a good home but raise some funds for the charity at the same time if anyone is interested in the whole lot or any separate editions, I can look through to see what we have, I can also take pictures of each one, not all are in perfect condition we are located in Kent but can send them in the post as long as the postage is paid for (because they are being sold for charity. I will also be keeping an eye on this thread so you can contact me through here too or my email mellissa.flegg2013@gmail.com

Thank you

Mellissa

a bit about the dogs trust

Founded in 1891, Dogs Trust (formerly the National Canine Defence League) is the largest dog welfare charity in the UK. Our mission is to bring about the day when all dogs can enjoy a happy life, free from the threat of unnecessary destruction.

http://www.dogstrust.org.uk/about/defau ... YqRrEofCt8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Poppy
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Adventure Series/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: George Kirrin, Andy, Jack Trent & Diana.

Re: Enid Blyton Magazines

Post by Poppy »

Hi Mellissa, I would be interested in buying these magazines and am wondering what sort of price you would be looking for. Also, how many magazines are there?

Thanks very much!
Poppy.
Last edited by Poppy on 10 May 2013, 15:08, edited 1 time in total.
"Beware of young men with long hair - that's what dad says, isn't it?"
Pat, Holiday House

Poppy's Best of Books

Society Member
Susan Webster

Post by Susan Webster »

hi , i would like some of the mags too --how much would you want for about 20 ? cheers sue
Society Member
booksforsale2013

i have had a few enquiries, I have decided to put them on Ebay, as soon as I have uploaded them I will put up the link to the items for you to look at.

Thank you for your interest,

Mellissa Jayne
booksforsale2013

I have uploaded a few of the editions so far the link to the dogs trust ebay selling site is as follows http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/dogstrustchar ... 7675.l2559" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; on there is everything we will be selling, all money paid for these items will obviously go straight to dogs trust.
booksforsale2013

Susan, the books are £3 each or the whole lot for £95 one of the magazines has already been bid on so that one is not available if the rest go I will work out the price for whats left I know there are 38 of them at the moment that have not sold x

anyone else interested please let me know x I also have other vintage items but as this forum is for enid Blyton only I will leave you to check our ebay for other items you may be interested in x

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/dogstrustchar ... ksid=p3686" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thank you

Mellissa Jayne
booksforsale2013

I am still selling these items I now have a solid fixed price on the magazines, if anyone is interested I can sell them for £3 each or if you want to buy the whole collection it would be £95 I cannot do any other prices as, like I said before this is to raise money for the dogs trust and we want to raise a fair amount to keep these lovely doggies healthy and loved :) x any other info can be given on request.
Susan Webster

Post by Susan Webster »

hi , sorry but i dont have £95 so cant get the mags , never mind i`m sure someone will snap them up. i sponsor a lovely little poodle cross called Billy who is in the dogs trust centre in bridgend , south wales. i send him some treats every week and he is gorgeous. sadly he is so nervous he cant have visitors and i would love to hug and cuddle him. i`ve fallen in love with that little dog! he`s 10 years old on july 13th.cheers sue
Society Member
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Post by pete9012S »

Sue, I don't know if you've already seen them,but there are some nice large complete collections of the Enid Blyton Magazine currently on offer this week on ebay?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ENID-BLYTONS- ... 485661bb99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ENID-BLYTONS- ... 485661bbcb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards

Pete
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Gosh, they look in excellent condition.

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Eddie Muir »

They certainly do and what memories they bring back. I remember having the Enid Blyton Magazine delivered by my local newsagent every fortnight from 1953 onwards. Happy days! :D
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
Daisy
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure series.

Post by Daisy »

I used to have it as well then Eddie. Unfortunately, with two younger sisters who also read them, their longevity was limited!
'Tis loving and giving that makes life worth living.

Society Member
Soenke Rahn

Post by Soenke Rahn »

I ordered one, two days ago, this will be my fifth magazine. :-) It's not so easy to get the magazines in Germany.
booksforsale2013

you dont have to buy the whole collection theyre £3 each plus postage if your not collecting. will be more than welcome to send them out.
booksforsale2013

these magazines are still for sale although this is for a limited time only as they have obviously not been selling too well on ebay (I don't think ebay is doing too well at the moment in general) if these do not sell within the next week they will be put up in the shop and I would much rather they went to someone who will love them very very much

Thank you

Mellissa Jayne