The Mysterious Boy - Julie Robinson

Which other authors do you enjoy? Discuss them here.
Moonraker

Re: The Mysterious Boy - Julie Robinson

Post by Moonraker »

sixret wrote:I have been waiting for your book to become available on Book Depository so that I could buy it. Book Depository offers free shipping. But as of today, the book has not been available to purchase.
Amazon also says unavailable or out of stock, as does Waterstones. It could be (and I'm only guessing here) that these sites aren't stocking the title, but will order from the publisher and dispatch on receipt of orders from the pubic. I'd order it, sixret, and see what happens. Of course, I could be completely wrong! Julie is best placed to advise.
Society Member
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

As I mentioned earlier on the thread, marketing said that it takes a few days for distribution to go to various, you can still order, and it will get dispatched.

Note from marketing - Quote :- Please be patient whist waiting for the books to come into stock, as sometimes there are some delays whilst the order is being processed at the Amazon warehouses.

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

That makes sense, Julie. Patience is a virtue. I am sure it will be rewarded. :D
Society Member
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Post by Courtenay »

Julie2owlsdene wrote: Next time you're in Cornwall, Courtenay, I'll take you to the hamlet the book is set in and you can see for yourself the area in the book. :)
Oh, thanks, Julie, that's very kind of you. I don't have any plans for a Cornwall trip just now, but presumably some time next year.

Must get back to the story! :D
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
John Pickup
Favourite book/series: Barney mysteries
Favourite character: Snubby

Post by John Pickup »

I've read the book, in one sitting, earlier today and I'm very impressed. The story drew me in and I was eager to learn the outcome. I won't spoil it for those who haven't read it yet but I had to chuckle when Rosie appeared as a kitchen maid. Well done, Julie. I wonder if we might have more adventures of Sarah and Mark? :D
Society Member
Rob Houghton
Favourite book/series: Rubadub Mystery, Famous Five and The Find-Outers
Favourite character: Snubby, Uncle Robert, George, Fatty

Post by Rob Houghton »

I went ahead and ordered it on Amazon, Sixret, and although its not yet 'in stock' they say they'll charge my account once its been dispatched. :-D I chose Amazon as I get 'free postage' (sort of!) :lol:
'Oh voice of Spring of Youth
hearts mad delight,
Sing on, sing on, and when the sun is gone
I'll warm me with your echoes
through the night.'

(E. Blyton, Sunday Times, 1951)

Society Member
Julie2owlsdene

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

John Pickup wrote:I've read the book, in one sitting, earlier today and I'm very impressed. The story drew me in and I was eager to learn the outcome. I won't spoil it for those who haven't read it yet but I had to chuckle when Rosie appeared as a kitchen maid. Well done, Julie. I wonder if we might have more adventures of Sarah and Mark? :D
Glad you enjoyed it, John. I haven't quite got that far ahead yet as to do another with Sarah and Mark. :)

8)

Society Member
Courtenay

Post by Courtenay »

I've just finished it too — could hardly put it down. What a beautiful story! I loved the ending and how neatly the whole plot was tied up, so to speak. You definitely have a gift for writing, Julie. I hope your first book published won't be your last!

All this, with what Rob has told us about self-publishing with Amazon too, does make me think of how much I wanted to be an author when I was little — I also used to make up all kinds of stories all the time, only some of which I ever wrote down. Story writing class twice a week at primary school was one of my favourite activities, and once we'd completed a story, we had it typed up (still on typewriters in those days — my mum was one of our regular volunteer typists!) and made into a book for us to illustrate, which was so exciting! I remember by the time I was 11 or so, I had a whole three-book fantasy saga in my head, but then lots of other things in life started to become more pressing and I've forgotten most of it now... I lost the plot a long time ago. :mrgreen:

Maybe one day I should try again too? :D You and Rob have certainly given me some encouragement with your own publishing enterprises, Julie.
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
Courtenay

Post by Courtenay »

I just gave you a review on Amazon, by the way, Julie. Funnily enough, under the listing for The Mysterious Boy, Amazon informs me "Customers who viewed this book also viewed: Robert Houghton, The Last Summer"... :lol:
Society Member

Julie2owlsdene

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Glad you enjoyed it, Courtenay. :D

8)

Society Member
Rob Houghton
Favourite book/series: Rubadub Mystery, Famous Five and The Find-Outers
Favourite character: Snubby, Uncle Robert, George, Fatty

Post by Rob Houghton »

Courtenay wrote:I just gave you a review on Amazon, by the way, Julie. Funnily enough, under the listing for The Mysterious Boy, Amazon informs me "Customers who viewed this book also viewed: Robert Houghton, The Last Summer"... :lol:
:lol:

Under mine it says ''Customers who viewed The Last Summer' also viewed 'The Enid Blyton Dossier'! :-D
'Oh voice of Spring of Youth
hearts mad delight,
Sing on, sing on, and when the sun is gone
I'll warm me with your echoes
through the night.'

(E. Blyton, Sunday Times, 1951)

Society Member
Julie2owlsdene

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Just read your review, how lovely, thanks, Courtenay. Makes me want to read the book again, myself. :lol:

8)

Society Member
Courtenay

Post by Courtenay »

To see if this Julie Robinson really is as good a writer as everyone makes out? :wink:
Society Member

Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Eddie Muir »

I’ve just finished reading your book, Julie. I absolutely loved it and I will be more than happy to write a glowing review to post on Amazon. Congratulations on producing such an enchanting story. It deserves to be a bestseller. :D
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
Julie2owlsdene

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

What a lovely thing to say, Eddie, thanks a lot, and I'm so pleased you enjoyed the book. :D

8)

Society Member