The Forum

What would you like to see? All feedback and suggestions appreciated!
lwindrush
Favourite book/series: Famous five of course!
Favourite character: Dick, he is so me

Re: The Forum

Post by lwindrush »

I only joined the forum to research some information about the FF TV series and never really intended to post, now I'm enjoying the debates, the cut and thrust of humorous forums. The japes and jokes unlike other forums which can become catty this is all good natured.
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Welcome back! :D
Society Member
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Gosh, we're back after what seems like ages! :lol:

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Post by pete9012S »

Welcome back everyone! :D
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
Keith Robinson
Site Administrator

Post by Keith Robinson »

Yes, see my post here:
http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/foru ... =13&t=6390" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Daisy
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure series.

Post by Daisy »

It's great to see the forum up and running again. It was strange being able access everything else... a bit like Daisy's observation regarding Fatty's absence "Like rabbit pie without any rabbit in it." :)
'Tis loving and giving that makes life worth living.

Society Member
John Pickup
Favourite book/series: Barney mysteries
Favourite character: Snubby

Post by John Pickup »

"Rabbit" being an appropriate word for this forum, Daisy. :D
Society Member
Daisy
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure series.

Post by Daisy »

:lol: John. So true!
'Tis loving and giving that makes life worth living.

Society Member
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Post by Courtenay »

Our theme song for the moment... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6o0Cah5kQU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(sorry :mrgreen: )
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
Courtenay

Post by Courtenay »

Just wondering, out of interest (this is an old thread, but it was the most relevant I could find and I didn't want to start a new topic just for this)... I've noticed that at the bottom of the forum home page, it tells us: "Most users ever online was 265 on 26 Jul 2023, 19:10."

I remember (for some reason!) that before that, the record number of people visiting the forums at once was 214, and it was years and years ago. I don't recall the year given, but I remember distinctly that in another discussion on here somewhere, the topic came up — I think we were all wishing we could have more people participating in the forums! — and Tony remarked that that record number was just after the controversial biopic of Enid (the Helena Bonham Carter one) was aired on TV and so lots of people were searching for her online and coming to our site. I'm also quite sure Tony added, or at least heavily implied, that this was a one-off and we sadly wouldn't be likely to get such a huge amount of interest again!

So I'm just intrigued... do we have any idea what caused the peak in forum traffic on the 26th of July last year, with an even bigger record number of simultaneous visitors than the Enid biopic??? :D :wink: I'm just curious as to what may have made Enid's name or works "trend" again all of a sudden.
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
Boatbuilder
Favourite book/series: Adventure, Famous 5, Secret Seven, Five Findouters

Post by Boatbuilder »

Courtenay, most of the traffic is likely to be robots (Bots). Strangely enough my own forum which has fewer members currently shows most users ever online as 679 on the 20th of August 2023 at 2:28 pm. There would’ve been no reason for such a peak on my forum then, other than a high number of robots that happened to be scanning the Internet at the time. In fact that number 679 is even more than the number of members on my forum.
"You can't change history as that won't change the future"

John's Pictures of Suffolk - https://suffolk-world.com/

Society Member
Courtenay

Post by Courtenay »

True, and the "Users Online" at the bottom of the homepage does generally list Bing and Google as bots currently online. I haven't seen any others listed there, but there are probably some incognito ones... :shock:
Society Member

Boatbuilder
Favourite book/series: Adventure, Famous 5, Secret Seven, Five Findouters

Post by Boatbuilder »

As ordinary members on here we can't see the detail that admin can. It so happens that the Google and Bing Bots and occasionally others that can be seen without clicking on 'Display guests' are classed as 'members', which is why they are visible. Many others aren't. Admin can see other detail such as your computer configuration and IP address which would show up something like this, and by clicking on the 'Whois' reveals the geographical location of that IP address. The one below just copied from my forum comes up as being an IP assigned through AMAZON in Seattle, WA.

Guest IP: 107.20.5.13 » Whois
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 5.0.2; Lenovo A6010) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/74.0.3729.157 Mobile Safari/537.36

Big Brother is watching your every move! :D
"You can't change history as that won't change the future"

John's Pictures of Suffolk - https://suffolk-world.com/

Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Courtenay wrote: 20 Jan 2024, 10:46I've noticed that at the bottom of the forum home page, it tells us: "Most users ever online was 265 on 26 Jul 2023, 19:10."

I remember (for some reason!) that before that, the record number of people visiting the forums at once was 214, and it was years and years ago. I don't recall the year given, but I remember distinctly that in another discussion on here somewhere, the topic came up — I think we were all wishing we could have more people participating in the forums! — and Tony remarked that that record number was just after the controversial biopic of Enid (the Helena Bonham Carter one) was aired on TV and so lots of people were searching for her online and coming to our site. I'm also quite sure Tony added, or at least heavily implied, that this was a one-off and we sadly wouldn't be likely to get such a huge amount of interest again!

So I'm just intrigued... do we have any idea what caused the peak in forum traffic on the 26th of July last year, with an even bigger record number of simultaneous visitors than the Enid biopic??? :D :wink: I'm just curious as to what may have made Enid's name or works "trend" again all of a sudden.
I reported it to Keith at the time and it turned out to be "spiders", which he blocked.
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Courtenay

Post by Courtenay »

Ah, there we are. Digital spiders. Presumably not as big as the non-digital ones we have in Australia, and easier to get rid of... :shock: :wink:
Society Member