Michele Gallagher

Discuss the television and film adaptations of Enid Blyton's stories.
Tony Summerfield

Michele Gallagher

Post by Tony Summerfield »

According to the BFI Website Michele Gallagher was in an episode of Taggart in 2002 - Have they got it wrong or are the details we were given about her death in 2000 not quite right I wonder?
Yan

Post by Yan »

I'm sure they got it wrong because there is another actress with this name. Remember what "mama" told us in the 78 series' actors thread about the photo on the German fanpage, supposed to show Michele:

"One thing I can assure you is the picture that was somewhere else in this forum (I think it was this one) is not Michele Gallagher but Michelle Galagher (2 ll's) who is an actress who shares a similar name to Michele."
Gary Russell
Favourite book/series: FF
Favourite character: well duh...

Re: Michele Gallagher

Post by Gary Russell »

Tony Summerfield wrote:According to the BFI Website Michele Gallagher was in an episode of Taggart in 2002 - Have they got it wrong or are the details we were given about her death in 2000 not quite right I wonder?
They have it totally wrong I'm afraid.
peppermint peppy

Post subject: Re: Michele Gallagher

Post by peppermint peppy »

There are/were a lot of Michele Gallaghers on the world.
I'm sure they got it wrong.Please have a look at the date of publication.
It's 2002.
peppermint peppy

Post subject: Post subject: Re: Michele Gallagher

There are a lot of mysteries around Michele.
I'd like to see pictures showing me Michele as adult person.
Any further person interested in :?:
Last edited by peppermint peppy on 25 Mar 2007, 20:19, edited 1 time in total.
Petermax

Post by Petermax »

I think that out of respect for those who knew Michele Gallagher personally and her family we should not be asking too many questions.

Let her performance as George in the Southern TV series of the Famous Five speak for itself, her life after the series finished is not really any of our business.
Melinda

Post by Melinda »

I think Michele would be very pleased and happy that she has so many fans who admire her work and would be interested to find out more about her.
I agree with Peppermint Peppy and it would be nice to see some later photos of her and understand what she did, anyone who has been/are in the spotlight are expected to receive public interest even after years have passed by, so I dont agree with Petermax's comment although I respect his view and understand why he said what he did.

I doubt very much if her family would mind and doubt even less that they even know of this forum/site, so I dont see the harm personally.
People still have fans centuries after their demise, so why not Michele
The famous five will be part of my life forever!!!!!
peppermint peppy

Melinda,I agree with you:

People still have fans centuries after their demise, so why not Michele!!!-

.........and YES :!:
:D -The famous five will be part of my life forever!!!!!- :D
Yan

Post by Yan »

@ Melinda and peppermint peppy:

In the thread "actors of the Famous Five 78 tv series" the forum-user "mama" said that she (or he) will try to get a picture of the elder Michele.

So we'll have to wait.
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

I agree with petermax that we shouldn't be asking too many questions, certainly about Michele's personal life in latter years. However, regarding her role as George, I am certain that to keep her memory alive by admiring her qualities as an actress can only be a good thing.

The secret is, I feel, to be respectful and show a genuine admiration of her work as an actress.
Society Member
peppermint peppy

Hi people you can be assured!
I have always considered Michele's privacy.
But asking questions should be allowed at least.
Is it a shocking cruelty and demand to ask for a nice picture of her as an adult?
Oh my,this kills me!
Petermax

Post by Petermax »

As a big fan of the 70s series I am as curious as anyone about Michele Gallagher and saddened by her demise. Don't we all wish that things had been otherwise? However, I still feel that we should not ask too many questions about her life after the FF series ended.

I absolutely agree though that it would indeed be nice to see a picture of her as an adult, a contributor to this board last year did promise to obtain one but has not posted since unfortunately.

Michele Gallagher's performance as George was superb and what a lovely smile she had. I have some great memories of watching this series before doing my homework and being able to forget the rigours of my comprehensive school.
Last edited by Petermax on 03 May 2007, 01:26, edited 1 time in total.
peppermint peppy

PeterMax you're absolutely right .But you must prove me right that too many mysteries
around a person could make one or two very curious....

I can remember a girl with both -yes- lovely smile and laughter and a really nice kind of nagging.
Melinda

Micheles son

Post by Melinda »

Just found something regarding michele that you all might be interested in if its genuine of course.

Just found online Micheles son and his e-mail address for anyone who'd like to know more about his mother to contact him, I have done so, to check out its actually true and just not a hoax, am excited to the hilt if its genuine and maybe we shall learn more about the wonderful actress.

Link below, truley hope this isn't a hoax and that its going to be fruitful, bless michele.

Melinda (Jo the Gypsy)

http://www.gallagher.com/discuss/messages/2/200.html
The famous five will be part of my life forever!!!!!
George@Kirrin

Post by George@Kirrin »

I'm already in contact with Sean, and have been acting sort of as liason between him and this site so he doesn't get completely mobbed...

He seems nice and genuine.
Image The definitive '78 series nut.