Secret Lives - Enid Blyton (1996)

Advertise for wanted items. (Please note: The Enid Blyton Society is not responsible for anything listed in these forums. You buy and sell at your own risk.)
Billy Farmer

Secret Lives - Enid Blyton (1996)

Post by Billy Farmer »

I am looking for a copy of the Documentary, about Enid Blyton, which was shown on TV in 1996, and was part of the series, called Secret Lives, if anyone has got a copy, please contact me.
Society Member
Rob Houghton
Favourite book/series: Rubadub Mystery, Famous Five and The Find-Outers
Favourite character: Snubby, Uncle Robert, George, Fatty

Re: Secret Lives - Enid Blyton (1996)

Post by Rob Houghton »

was this the 'Sunny Stories' one starring Maureen Lipman as Enid?
'Oh voice of Spring of Youth
hearts mad delight,
Sing on, sing on, and when the sun is gone
I'll warm me with your echoes
through the night.'

(E. Blyton, Sunday Times, 1951)

Society Member
Billy Farmer

Post by Billy Farmer »

The Documentary, I am looking for - http://www.bfi.org.uk/films-tv-people/4ce2b7febc32d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Society Member
Billy Farmer

Post by Billy Farmer »

Billy Farmer wrote:The Documentary, I am looking for - http://www.bfi.org.uk/films-tv-people/4ce2b7febc32d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Still looking for a copy of the above Documentary, would be very grateful to anyone who could help.
Society Member
Billy Farmer

Post by Billy Farmer »

Billy Farmer wrote:The Documentary, I am looking for - http://www.bfi.org.uk/films-tv-people/4ce2b7febc32d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Still looking for a copy of the above Documentary, would be very grateful to anyone who could help.

I added, the above Documentary, to the IMDb Database - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt7232426/?ref_=nm_flmg_slf_1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Society Member
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

Sadly I don't have a copy of it, but would love to have one. I was thinking about it just a couple of days ago. I'm slowly working through my collecting of videos, many of which have no labels. I was watching something that I'd recorded in 1999 and I still live in hope that I might find a tape that was recorded even earlier. I very much doubt it though.
Society Member
mikki
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Find Outers and The Boy Next Door
Favourite character: Julian, Fatty and Kit

Post by mikki »

Billy Farmer and Katharine - I have some fairly good news for you - I've just found an old VHS tape at the back of a bookcase which has this programme on it! It's only fairly good news because my original TV signal at that time was pretty grainy, although as I live in the South West of Ireland I was doing well to get UK TV at all. :D
Society Member
mikki
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Find Outers and The Boy Next Door
Favourite character: Julian, Fatty and Kit

Post by mikki »

This old tape is serving up even more goodies, after Secret Lives came Gillian Baverstock on Collector's Lot, and then a special Blue Peter Guide to Enid Blyton with Gillian appearing briefly on that too. :D

Edit: And Record Breakers, with, you've guess it, Gillian. These recordings are all dated November 1997 for the Centenary
Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Sounds super, Mikki!
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
sixret
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers,Mr.Twiddle,Barney R
Favourite character: Mr.Twiddle,Fatty,Saucepan,Snubby

Post by sixret »

Interesting. I had never heard of this documentary until now. If you could upload on Youtube, it would be great! :D
I stand with justice and the truth. Palestine will be free from the river to the sea.

Learn the history. Do research.

The hypocrisy, double standard, prejudice and bigotry own by some people is so obvious.Shame on them!
Billy Farmer

Post by Billy Farmer »

I watched the Secret Lives Documentary (about Enid Blyton), this afternoon, a very interesting and revealing Documentary, featuring some interesting interviews, among the interviewees, were Barnara Stoney, Gillian Baverstock, Imogen Smallwood, Ida Crowe and Rosemary Pollock, for anyone who has never seen the Documentary, I won't say anymore (the Documentary, is well worth watching), also this afternoon, I watched the clip (which was on the same disc, as the Secret Lives Documentary) from Collector's Lot, which also featured Gillian Baverstock.
Society Member