Benjy and the Others

Advertise for wanted items. (Please note: The Enid Blyton Society is not responsible for anything listed in these forums. You buy and sell at your own risk.)
mrsgalloway

Benjy and the Others

Post by mrsgalloway »

Does anyone know where I can buy a copy of Benjy And The Others ( part of the happy house children series ) I've looked all over and can't find it anywhere.
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Re: benjy and the others

Post by Fiona1986 »

I've been needing that title to complete my Happy House Children collection for several years now and I have never seen a copy for sale on any website. I think it's one of those exceptionally rare books (possibly due to a very small printing and no reprints?).
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
mrsgalloway

Post by mrsgalloway »

What a shame :-( you never know, we might get lucky some day and find a copy in a charity shop, or flea market, fingers crossed!
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

Absolutely, there's always a chance. And you would hope as it's not well known that the seller might not appreciate its true value as well.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Re: Benjy and the Others

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

I searched several times for a copy of Benjy and the Others about ten years ago, and even back then I never found a copy for sale.
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
tix

Re: Benjy and the Others

Post by tix »

On Nov 26th, 2014 mrsgalloway wrote:

"Does anyone know where I can buy a copy of Benjy and the Others?"

The book 'does' seem to be quite rare, yet it isn't all that old. Tony's excellent bibliography dates the first edition at 1955 so it's not as if 'Benjy' goes way back to the twenties or thirties. I purchased a copy some years ago for about £4, give or take a few shillings, but the asking price might have gone up since then.

Tony's written a very nice review of 'Benjy' (January 2008) so if the book can't be found right now, at least you can see what it's all about until one comes onto the market.