Copy of Busy Bees Magazine circa 1968/9

Advertise for wanted items. (Please note: The Enid Blyton Society is not responsible for anything listed in these forums. You buy and sell at your own risk.)
ClaireAmbrose

Copy of Busy Bees Magazine circa 1968/9

Post by ClaireAmbrose »

Hello, I'm trying to find an original copy of the magazine from around 1969 if anyone has any. I had a story printed in one, the winner of a competition. I got sent a book token, but didn't manage to get the magazine as my subscription had run out so I never saw it in print. If any could help that would be great! I can't remember how often it came out, was it quarterly? I was such a keen fan.
David Chambers

Re: Copy of Busy Bees Magazine circa 1968/9

Post by David Chambers »

Hi ClaireAmbrose,

This was actually a monthly magazine. I've seen a few copies over the years but they don't appear very often, so the chances of finding an original copy of the one you are looking for may be slim. My advice would be to contact the PDSA through their webpage and explain what you are hoping to find. They keep an archive of Busy Bees News so they'd be able to identify the copy you need. For a nominal donation they may be persuaded to provide you with a photocopy of your story. Then you'd be continuing the support you gave the charity back in the 60s!