Anyone have any Famous Five videos or DVDS from 90s series?

Advertise for wanted items. (Please note: The Enid Blyton Society is not responsible for anything listed in these forums. You buy and sell at your own risk.)
thefamousfive
Favourite book/series: The Famous Five and Harry Potter
Favourite character: Julian

Anyone have any Famous Five videos or DVDS from 90s series?

Post by thefamousfive »

Hello there, I was wondering if anyone has any videos or dvds from the 1990s series of " The Famous Five" If they do can they let me know and we can agree a price, maybe you could list them on ebay aswell. But please let me know as soon as possible. I would really appreciate this.

Many Thanks, Euan
Zar Quon

Re: Anyone have any Famous Five videos or DVDS from 90s series?

Post by Zar Quon »

Clickity-click

The dutch set is missing, erm, Smugglers Top I think...........

Which is here
Petermax

Post by Petermax »

I see that Zar Quon has just beaten me to it! :lol:

A quick look on Ebay reveals a number of sellers listing the Dutch release of the 1990's Famous Five series on DVD. Here is one example. This includes all episodes except for Smugglers Top which you would have to locate as a seperate item, probably on VHS. There are other Ebay sellers listing the Famous Five box-sets at a lower price, but check their feedback profile in advance...and then steer clear!
Zar Quon

Post by Zar Quon »

And of course the order of the eps on the Dutch set is all over the shop, which is a bit of a pain. But less of a pain than paying the asking price for the Spanish set.

ETA: For ep order on the Dutch set, see the review on the Amazon listing

ETA #2: & for the original Tx order, see this thread 'ere

ETA #3: The Spanish sets are available from dvdgo -
Series 1
Series 2

for about 30 quid. Other Spanish dvd sites are no doubt available, but it was the first one I spotted mentioned on the AV forums. :) Also bear in mind the possibility of getting slapped with import duty if you order the two at once, especialy now the kind government has lowered the personal import limit from 20 quid to about 10p....
Petermax wrote:I see that Zar Quon has just beaten me to it! :lol:
Terribly sorry. I'll try to not let it happen again :P
Pippa-Stef
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: Julian/ Bill Robinson/ Sally Hope

Post by Pippa-Stef »

I have the Dutch versions and it's quite simple to get the subtitles off when you've looked at the DVD. The Swedish boxset is £70!!! Good because it has more subtitles apart from Dutch, and English speaking.

I wonder if they'll ever get around to producing an English verison like they're doing with the 70's series right now.

Edit: With a commentary please! 8)
"You're so sharp you'll cut yourself one day!" Hunchy said going to the door
"So my Mother told me that when I was two years old!" said Julian and the others giggled.

http://worldofblyton.wordpress.com/
thefamousfive

Post by thefamousfive »

Hello, Well Zar Quon thanks for letting me know. I am actually looking for this episode at the moment. Next, Petermax thanks for letting me know what episodes and prices are on the boxset. And Zar Quon again, Yes I agree with this. Finally, Pippa - Stef. I have actually got the dutch boxset with engilish subtiltes but it only has 3 discs containing 12 episodes. Therefore, it is not the complete series. As far as I am aware, there are 24 episodes. But really 21 as some of them are with two parts. I am looking for the following episodes - Five Go To Smuggler's Top, Five On A Treasure Island, Five Fall Into Adventure, Five On Kirrin Island Again, Five Go To Demon's Rocks, Five On A Secret Trail, Five Go Adventuring Again, Five On Finniston Farm. If anyway has these episodes on VHS from the 1990s series It would be much appreciated if you someone could list them all on ebay as Videos' this week at a reasonable price.

Thanks again, Euan.
Last edited by thefamousfive on 23 Aug 2011, 21:46, edited 1 time in total.
Pippa-Stef

Post by Pippa-Stef »

Smuggler's top isn't on the Dutch DVD's and by the sound of it the boxset you have is labelled Deel 1- which is series 2 for some reason- you need to search for series one which comes under deel 2. If I get a chance I'll try and find you links, but ebay is the place. Amazon only see the big boxset, but none of the Dutch productions contain Smugglers Top. As Petermax pointed out you would have to get Smuggler's top on VHS and maybe transferr it over somehow.

If you have a Video DVD combined player I think you should be able to record video's on to DVD without much hastle.

Hope this helps!

I have my VHS still. Took me so long to find them all. To be honest, I enjoy the covers as much as I do the videos themselves!
"So my Mother told me that when I was two years old!" said Julian and the others giggled.

Zar Quon

Post by Zar Quon »

thefamousfive wrote:I have actually got the dutch boxset with engilish subtiltes but it only has 3 discs containing 12 episodes.
Is it this one
or is it this one

Or neither?
thefamousfive wrote:As far as I am aware, there are 24 episodes.
26. Two series of 13.
thefamousfive wrote:But really 21 as some of them are with two parts.
Nah, still 26 :wink:
thefamousfive wrote: I am looking for the following episodes - Five Go To Smuggler's Top, Five On A Treasure Island, Five Fall Into Adventure, Five On Kirrin Island Again, Five Go To Demon's Rocks, Five On A Secret Trail, Five Go Adventuring Again, Five On Finniston Farm. If anyway has these episodes on VHS from the 1990s series It would be much appreciated if you could list them on ebay this week at a reasonable price
If you can't get the appropriate set via those bol linkies, yuo might be just as well to get the not-quite-complete complete Dutch set via ebay, & then hock your current set via the same means.
thefamousfive wrote: And Zar Quon again, Yes I agree with this
Spiffing. What?
Zar Quon

Post by Zar Quon »

Pippa-Stef wrote: If I get a chance I'll try and find you links, but ebay is the place.
Would those two bol linkies be the chaps?
Pippa-Stef

Post by Pippa-Stef »

Exactly them. They should be easy enough for Euan to find on ebay! :lol:

If all fails, typing the famous five dvd into Ebay usually brings them up!

Zar Quon

Post by Zar Quon »

Pippa-Stef wrote:Exactly them. They should be easy enough for Euan to find on ebay! :lol:

If all fails, typing the famous five dvd into Ebay usually brings them up!
The piccies help too!
thefamousfive

Post by thefamousfive »

Hello again :D . This message is for Pippa Stef - Well thanks for letting me know. I see that someone on ebay is selling some of the videos for £3.50 + 2.00 and they end on thursday evening, do you think this is a good price for them all seperately or do you think I could get them at a lower price somewhere else. This message is for Zar Quon - I posted all of those quotes, but thanks. If need any more information about them let me know! Also I have seen that they are on ebay for like £13 only missing five go to smuggler's top but I prefer the covers for the videos just like Pippa Stef said. Here it is for Pippa Stef again - Thank you, I would really appreciate this just keep me update if you can ! :D Thank you - Yes I will take a look just now and see what I can find :) Finally, for Zar Quon's comment about The piccies help too. Well, if you mean pictures I totally agree :D

Thanks, Euan.
Pippa-Stef

Post by Pippa-Stef »

Euan- This is a very good price for the videos- though some of them will be more expensive. Especially Five on a Secret Trail.

If I remember correctly my copy of Five are Together again was also fairly expensive. The Dvd's are certainly a cheaper option even without Smuggler's Top.

However my Mum reminded me today:
The value of something is what you're willing to pay for it.
Basically if you don't want to spend a certain amount on something- e.g it's not worth it if you won't pay over a tenner- then it's worth waiting for another one to come along and seeing if you can get it cheaper! Remember that these videos are over 10 years old, and they do degrade over time, and the DVD's will last longer. If you're willing to pay over a Tenner for a any particular video- good for you. I usually gave up after a tenner, but thats me. Five on a Secret Trail IS on the Dutch DVDs FYI.

Just a heads up.

Petermax

Post by Petermax »

Euan, here are a couple of links that will be of use to you.

Link 1

Link 2
thefamousfive

Post by thefamousfive »

Hello, Well Pippa Stef - I agree with you about the video's I think it just depends on how much your willing to pay? Well my mum said no more than £5 including postage as there video's which nowadays not many people buy unless there collecting for e.g me i am collecting all of the famous five 1990s series on Video. This one is for Petermax- Thank you for giving me those links to the forums. I really appreciate this. But if anyone has anymore information just let me know on this! I have to go now, but will be back on tommorow after dinner as I have school tommorrow. Also, I wondered if you have taken a look at my new picture it's of a famous five video which i like.

Thanks, Euan