Update for Enid Blyton Day

Did you attend the last event? Are you going to the next Day?
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

What does a squirrel do in the summer? It buries nuts. Why? Cos then in winter time he's got something to eat and he won't die. So, collecting nuts in the summer is worthwhile work. Every task you do at work think, would a squirrel do that? Think squirrels. Think nuts.
David Brent
Society Member
Steve Alpe

Post by Steve Alpe »

Just a little thought but its going to be a bit confusing on Blyton Day.

If I remember from my first visit last year our name badges had our 'proper' names on. This is ok for the likes of Tony and myself who use our proper names on this site but for noddy13, moonface, raci, etc it will be a problem. We won't know who you are?

I know enidblytoncollector but does 'george@kirrin' look like the picture?

Being a new member last year I did not mind. I said hello to a few people but this year has seen me get more involved and I would like to put names to faces or should that be faces to names and even more important be able to go and say hello.

Or have you already thought of this Tony and will we have 'usernames' as well on our name badges.

As half my mind will be in Cardiff with the Hammers I will wearing something claret and blue.
Tony Summerfield

Name badges

Post by Tony Summerfield »

It is a good point Steve, but with one or two exceptions I don't know any better than you do, who a lot of the usernames belong to! People book tickets under their real names and that's what the name badges will say. Presumably some of the people who use the pseudonyms on the Forums do so as they want to remain anonymous - but at least if they are present at the day they will know who you are!!

As for George@Kirrin, who is coming to the day, I doubt if she will look like the picture in her avatar unless she is a Michele Gallagher look alike!

I think if you want to meet other Forums users, you will have to rely on them telling you their proper names, either in the Forums or in a personal message - at least I think you will be able to pick out noddy13 as he is coming over from India!

Best wishes
Tony
Last edited by Tony Summerfield on 04 May 2006, 15:28, edited 1 time in total.
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

I'll try and make up a badge with moonraker on it! If not, I look very much like Stuart Tresilian's illustrations of Bill Smugs!

If I only knew how to put a pic on this site, I would. I put a picture on Photobucket, but don't know how to transfer it to the thread on this site. All I've managed to do so far is to put the URL down, and not the picture!

I notice George@Kirrin has a picture in her signature. How do you do that?

Not the sharpest tool in the box! :oops:
Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

At least you have an avatar Nigel - ooops I mean Moonraker, which is more than I have - I guess one day I will figure out how to add one!!!! :oops:

Tony
Matthew Roberts
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers
Favourite character: Fatty and George

Post by Matthew Roberts »

Ah, all you need to do, Nigel, is to enclose the URL between [IMG] tags. Like this:

Code: Select all

[img]http://www.photobucket.com/mypicture.jpg[/img]
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Thanks, Matt! Picture's HUGE though, as yours is too, I don't feel so bad. After copying out the code, I realised that there's a link for it!

Ah well,......................
Society Member
Keith Robinson
Site Administrator

Post by Keith Robinson »

...And, further to Matt's reply, if you don't know the exact url of the photo, just go and find your photo on Photo Bucket, then right-click on it and select Properties. Assuming the photo is not buried in the code in some way, you should get the full url in the popup. In Internet Explorer you'd want the "Address (URL)" but in Firefox you'd want the "Location" -- look for the .jpg extension. You can then copy-paste the full url to your forum profile (including the http://www at the start).

Tony, as the Main Boss Man I think you at least should have a photo up, so why not just send me one and I'll resize and upload it for you. Then you can paste the url to your profile.

In fact, if anyone else is completely flummoxed by this, maybe just email me your photo and I'll do the same thing. These 100 x 100 images are so tiny it won't matter if we have a whole slew of them on the Society's webspace.
George@Kirrin

Post by George@Kirrin »

Steve Alpe wrote: does 'george@kirrin' look like the picture?
Haha, I wish!

I've not managed to get a pic of me avec collection yet, so I'll stick the only one I have on the net in the intro pics post so you will know me when you see me...
Image The definitive '78 series nut.
Steve Alpe

Post by Steve Alpe »

As soon as I have a picture available I will be forwarding for inclusion. Sorry this is starting to away from th thread.
Steve Alpe

Post by Steve Alpe »

and I will have to learn to type and spell properly!!!
Matthew Roberts
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers
Favourite character: Fatty and George

Post by Matthew Roberts »

and I will have to learn to type and spell properly!!!
Or use the editing function on your posts. Works for me whenever I make an error (which is often!). :lol:
George@Kirrin

Post by George@Kirrin »

Just looked at where Twyford is and how long it'll take to get there.

It'll be obvious who I am - even if you've not see the pic, just look for the one with the dark circles under eyes... :lol:

Everyone getting excited?
Image The definitive '78 series nut.
Raci

Post by Raci »

George@Kirrin wrote:Everyone getting excited?
:cry: More and more sad in my case :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I am so going to have to arrange something so I can come next year!!!

Hope all you lucky people who can make it have a brilliant day though! :)
Belly

Post by Belly »

Hi all

I am really looking forward to coming this year. As I have 2 under 2 I am extremely busy but have roped my husband into looking after the girls on his own. :D

Which regulars are coming? Viv? etc. I will probably go up and ask people whom I think might be whom I think they are. If that makes sense?

See you soon!