Update for Enid Blyton Day

Did you attend the last event? Are you going to the next Day?
Raci

Re: Photos

Post by Raci »

Viv of Ginger Pop wrote:I'm looking forward to Blyton Day, and in particular meeting with some cyber-pals from here and the Yahoo site.

I often look at the personal details of people and find them very sparce. I can understand why, but it would be nice to see a picture of the person I am communicating with. (I know that I haven't got a picture up either, but that is because I've yet to get a digital camera, and my computer knowledge aint great!)

My suggestion is - if you are not going to Blyton day, and wish you were, please send a picture of yourself to go on display, so that at least those of us who are there can know who you are! By the sound of it, you will see lots of pics of those of us who do go, on this site afterwards.

Does that make sense....?
Hi Viv! :D
It does make sense. But I don't think there's a space on the profile info pages for us to put a photo, I don't remember one when I last checked. But I have to admit I'm not very good at filling in the details, I think I got as far as age and location and meant to come back and finish it but haven't yet. Maybe personal photos is another area for for our constantly evolving site to move into :D
Viking Star
Favourite book/series: Mystery, Adventure and Secret series.
Favourite character: Fatty, Mrs Hilton and Philip

Update for Enid Blyton day

Post by Viking Star »

Why not buy a badge from a stationery shop and write your EBS name on it? It's simple, cheap, and everyone will know who you are! :)
Ali

Post by Ali »

Hi Anita,

Many thanks for that information, it's all seems a bit daunting at the moment, and I am just overwhelmed with the things I have to get organised in the next week, so it's great to get the finer details on travel times so at least I feel organised in one area of my life; and of course I will bring a coat and jumper, I have cast my mind back to the time I spent in the UK in my 20's and yes I aways had a coat on hand LOL

I am very much looking forward to the Enid Blyton Day and will look forward to meeting you there.

Smiles
Ali
Tony Summerfield

Re: Update for Enid Blyton day

Post by Tony Summerfield »

Viking Star wrote:Why not buy a badge from a stationery shop and write your EBS name on it? It's simple, cheap, and everyone will know who you are! :)
This is all taken care of as there are name labels provided at the entrance for all those attending. Just over 140 at present - there ought to be a collective noun for a group of Blyton enthusiasts - any suggestions?

Best wishes
Tony
Moonraker

Re: Update for Enid Blyton day

Post by Moonraker »

Tony Summerfield wrote: there ought to be a collective noun for a group of Blyton enthusiasts - any suggestions?

A Lashing?
Society Member
enidblytoncollector

Post by enidblytoncollector »

How about Blytonians

or BlyTONYans lol :lol:
George@Kirrin

Post by George@Kirrin »

Superb - A Lashing of Blytonians!!! :lol:

Gets my vote - good one Moonraker and EBC :)
Image The definitive '78 series nut.
noddy13

Remembering the day

Post by noddy13 »

Hi Tony, George and the Lashing of Blytonians..

Id be happy to shoot a few pictures, film a few images, or write a few lines... however while the latter is possible concurrently, I can either take video or still.. so whats your preference so I can come better prepared..?
Viking Star
Favourite book/series: Mystery, Adventure and Secret series.
Favourite character: Fatty, Mrs Hilton and Philip

Update for Enid Blyton Day

Post by Viking Star »

Forgive my ignorance but is "lashings" actually a Blyton word? I know it was used in Five go mad in Dorset but....
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Welcome to the Society, noddy13. It's great that you're coming from India for the Enid Blyton Day 8) - hope to see you there!

Viking Star, there are "lashings of hard-boiled eggs" and one or two other things in the original Famous Five books, but no "lashings of ginger-beer" except in the Comic Strip versions.

I agree with George@Kirrin that Moonraker and enidblytoncollector are spot-on with "lashings of BlyTONYans"! :lol:

Anita
noddy13

Post by noddy13 »

Thank you Anita, look forward to seeing everyone there.. lets hope I dont lose my way.
Viking, your ignorance is surpassed by mine, but George@Kirrin was my immediate inspiration, and I liked the rhythm of the definition hence the usage..

Cheers ,
noddy13
Keith Robinson
Site Administrator

Post by Keith Robinson »

George@Kirrin wrote:Superb - A Lashing of Blytonians!!! :lol:

Gets my vote - good one Moonraker and EBC :)
I always used "Blytonites," but either works for me. :D
HeatherS
Favourite book/series: Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by HeatherS »

I'm DYING of jealousy here. Anybody going from Australia whose suitcase I can be packed into? I sooooooo want to be part of the Lashing of Blytonians!
Heather
"Have you held your breath in wonder, at the sky so dark and deep?" - Enid Blyton
http://www.heathersblytonpages.com/
Viv of Ginger Pop
Favourite character: LEAST liked - Wilfred (FF 20)

The Office

Post by Viv of Ginger Pop »

Why has Ricky Gervais become our site administrator?
The Ginger Pop Shop closed in Feb 2017
Keith Robinson
Site Administrator

Post by Keith Robinson »

There's been a merger, Viv -- their lot has been absorbed into ours, yeah?, and yours truly, ie, me, is making your dreams come true, A.K.A., for you. If you like you can be my assistant: Assistant to the Regional Manager. No, not Assistant Regional Manager, I said Assistant to the Regional Manager. And I promise there won't be any redundancies.