Enid Blyton Day

Did you attend the last event? Are you going to the next Day?
emma

Enid Blyton Day

Post by emma »

Hello,

Please can you tell me when Enid Blyton Day is this year, and where is it held, I have always been a fan.. but never really joined a society.
Thanks, Emma
Raci

Post by Raci »

Hi Emma! :D

The Enid Blyton Day is on 13th May 2006.
It will be at Loddon Hall, Twyford in Berkshire.

You do need to have bought a ticket in advance so the best thing to do is get in touch with Tony Summerfield (see memberlist at the top) and he'll give you all the information you need.

:D Hope that helps.
Georgina

Post by Georgina »

hi everyone, hope I don't sound too stupid but I've lost the bit of paper that came with the most recent society journal. Can someone tell me/ remind me how much tickets are for the society day this year?
George@Kirrin

Post by George@Kirrin »

Please see Tony's post for further information. Click here
Brenton

Re: Enid Blyton Day

Post by Brenton »

Aargh! I am in Australia, and so wish a 'Enid Blyton Day' was here!! Someone should organise one here, hopefully in near future, for all of Enid's Aussie fans!

:)
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

That shouldn't be too difficult, Brenton. We have some very knowledgeable friends in Australia. Maybe Michael Edwards could take up the challenge? Of course, the size of Australia would make the logistics rather more difficult.
Society Member
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

I think I remember reading on the Yahoo group that some Australian fans did have a meet-up a couple of years ago. The vast size of the country does seem to be an impediment to a general meeting. Perhaps some regional events would be the way forward for the Aussie contingent. Of course we are extremely lucky over here to have Tony to organise everything for us. These things are definitely easier said than done.
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Lucky Star wrote:Of course we are extremely lucky over here to have Tony to organise everything for us.
I was priveleged to visit the inner sanctums (sancta?) of the Society Cave earlier today. Although I have visited many times, it never fails to amaze me the debt that we all owe to Tony. I make no bones about it when I say, "He is the Society." I know that there is no-one who could attempt 10% of what he achieves. We are so lucky that he once found an interest in Enid Blyton. If he hadn't, we would be restricted to the Yahoo Group and other sites, although good in all they do, pale into insignificance when compared to the Enid Blyton Society.
Society Member